Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So what's up with Arron Sears? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

: September 18, 2008, 12:30:37 PM

Dude has been playing like a weakling out there...is it a sophmore slump?  Is it a classic case of Muir coaching a guy into the dumps?

The guy looked like a monster last season, and this year he has been getting flags, tossed around, and bullied...

What say you?

MBF

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 18, 2008, 12:33:22 PM

Sophmore slump, Muir's crappy coaching, whatever it is he needs to get his act together. He was a flag machine against NOLA and I don't remember him setting the world alight against Atlanta. As you said, he was a revelation last season but for some reason, he's regressed. In his defense, the season is still young so he's got time to turn it around but it's worrying.

It's Arron BTW. ;)

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 18, 2008, 12:38:55 PM

I am starting to think again that Muir is an idiot.  He better get these guys rolling, because with all that high caliber talent, there is no room for excuses anymore.  NONE.

I wish we had Larry Zierlein as the O-line coach.

TheRealist

Second String

#3 : September 18, 2008, 12:45:03 PM

he's got the strength and ability...I think he needs an atittude adjustment, set him up for classes with Trueblood

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#4 : September 18, 2008, 12:50:26 PM

I think the only difference is with a rookie starting at Right Guard they are having to shift more protections right this year instead of left. We were not a great team running left last year, even with him there. His best run blocks were pulling right, and without Joseph there it doesn't work as well now.

The Q

Pro Bowler

#5 : September 18, 2008, 12:56:28 PM

Last year Sears best plays were when he was pulling and smashing people. This year, he seems weaker and is getting moved like a smaller guy. Maybe he can get it back when Joseph returns. But, if he keeps this up, when Joseph comes back, Zuttah will be shifting over to the left side.

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 18, 2008, 12:56:37 PM

It's more proof of Davin's stellar play, honestly.

He's the glue of that OL, can't wait for him to get back

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 18, 2008, 12:57:07 PM

I've been wondering the same thing Boid.  Was going to go back and iso on Sears and see what I can see.  Not that it will give me the why's as we all can see he's having some difficulties.  Personally, and this is just me, I think we need to get these boys lathered up to get the best from them.  Have you noticed after a drive with a good run/pass balance how well they respond?  Any olineman will tell you it's much more fun to run block than to pass block  But when you have to pass pro it's nice to have play action to slow down the rush...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 18, 2008, 12:59:07 PM

It's more proof of Davin's stellar play, honestly.

He's the glue of that OL, can't wait for him to get back

I just spit some mountain dew on my screen.

Are you serious?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 18, 2008, 01:01:13 PM

Are you serious?

Yes, I am

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 18, 2008, 01:02:12 PM

Are you serious?

Yes, I am

If Joseph has been the glue that this offensive line has been missing the Bucs are in some serious trouble....

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 18, 2008, 01:04:46 PM

Gruden said G Davin Joseph (broken foot) is improving daily and could return as a starter in the Sept. 28 home game against Green Bay.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/sep/18/sp-wr-clayton-hungry-for-his-chance/sports-bucs/

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 18, 2008, 01:06:33 PM

Didn't Sears lose a lot of weight in the off season? Maybe that extra girth he had last year, even if some of it was flab, helped him hold his ground and not get pushed around.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 18, 2008, 01:08:11 PM

Didn't Sears lose a lot of weight in the off season? Maybe that extra girth he had last year, even if some of it was flab, helped him hold his ground and not get pushed around.

From what I've noticed it's lack of focus, he's not getting pushed around...or at least I don't see that

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Madman

Hall of Famer
#14 : September 18, 2008, 01:11:35 PM

From what I've noticed it's lack of focus, he's not getting pushed around...or at least I don't see that

Agree. Sears is getting beat off the ball, not pushed around.

And I also agree Davin is the best player on the Bucs O-line. Can't wait to get him back.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So what's up with Arron Sears? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools