Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So what's up with Arron Sears? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#30 : September 19, 2008, 06:09:22 AM

Eliminate the stupid penalties by the OL and the rest will take care of itself.

The talent is there.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#31 : September 19, 2008, 06:52:44 AM

he shouldn't have lost that weight in the offseason

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#32 : September 19, 2008, 07:06:28 AM

Why did he lose weight? He's a Guard after all!

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

benir0

Hall of Famer
#33 : September 19, 2008, 07:08:05 AM

Didn't Sears lose a lot of weight in the off season? Maybe that extra girth he had last year, even if some of it was flab, helped him hold his ground and not get pushed around.

From what I've noticed it's lack of focus, he's not getting pushed around...or at least I don't see that

Agree. Sears is getting beat off the ball, not pushed around.

And I also agree Davin is the best player on the Bucs O-line. Can't wait to get him back.

*Puts milk crate down and stands on it*

Enough!

Davin Joseph isn't the glue that is missing with this o-line nor is he the best offensive lineman on the team.  Penn is the one who has been the best offensive lineman on the team and has been the glue at LT.  Without him the rest of the o-line would be exposed.

/rant off.

I don't know that Davin is our best O-lineman, but I do see how he could be calle the "glue".  He gives that attitude and identity, esp. in the running game, that our other players don't provide.  He blows people up.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 19, 2008, 08:40:01 AM

he shouldn't have lost that weight in the offseason
I imagine the FLA sun blasting him during practice has played a role in him shedding excess water weight.  And I doubt it has hurt his game.

It is his mentals that are killing him.  I think.

Pulling Guard

Second String

#35 : September 19, 2008, 12:25:47 PM

Here's a pretty good breakdown on Sears and the rest of the OL. Scroll up above the comment section.

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=1342#comments

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#36 : September 19, 2008, 12:31:04 PM

Nice PG, I'd say that was a fair assesment can't add or take away much.  That comment guy I just wanna slap!!!!

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 19, 2008, 12:39:51 PM

Here's a pretty good breakdown on Sears and the rest of the OL. Scroll up above the comment section.

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=1342#comments

I can’t explain how pleasantly surprised I am with the play of Penn. Yeah, he did give up the sack to John Abraham that caused a crucial fumble in the red zone. But like the sack he gave up to McCray, it was a situation of a quarterback holding on to the ball too long.

I'm really surprised Griese hasn't caught more grief on here for that...that was the same result as an INT in the red zone...

PullingGuard, that was a good piece...I would've started a new thread with that one...

bait619

Starter

#38 : September 19, 2008, 12:40:29 PM

Why did he lose weight? He's a Guard after all!

he has to look good for the ladies!! holla!

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#39 : September 19, 2008, 01:11:11 PM

I noticed Faine helping out the rook at RG quite abit last game.  When Joseph comes back, it will free up the center to help out more wherever needed, probably at LG, with Sears.  Joseph is definitely gonna be a big boost. I know we have some big runs, but we've yet to really establish a dominant inside running game. I think we do that with DJ.

By the way, I think that was True who lost all the weight, not Sears.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 19, 2008, 04:04:00 PM

By the way, I think that was True who lost all the weight, not Sears.
There were articles about both of them losing weight.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So what's up with Arron Sears? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools