Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: OSU VS. USC « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#75 : September 16, 2008, 04:29:01 PM

I'm sure the AD will take your position under advisement - you being a loyal Buckeye alumnus with only competition, and the schools best interest in mind.

On a bright note for you - the ND win over Michigan may get Charlie just the vote of confidence he needs to be the coach for another few years. I know that makes you very happy, it also ensures that you'll have plenty of time to keep tabs on winning programs like OSU and Florida.

go bucks.

go irish.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#76 : September 16, 2008, 04:59:49 PM

yes.. having weis around tickles me inside.

if only the player would've broke his neck.

HUGE difference between you and I. I dont gloat about my overrated school.. you on the other hand...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#77 : September 16, 2008, 05:04:33 PM

It has something to do with being a fan.

If you think irrational resides only in the Big Ten (we don't really count Northwestern for anything more than graduation totals),  you haven't stepped outside that cone of silence in Gainesville in awhile....

Never said only OSU fans are irrational, but after the way they got handled in both NC games, you would think the fans would bite their tongue somewhat until they actually beat a formidable opponent.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#78 : September 16, 2008, 05:12:16 PM

it also ensures that you'll have plenty of time to keep tabs on winning programs like OSU and Florida.

LMFAO

don't forget the status of USF and their fans (bandwagon vs. "real fans").  LOL

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#79 : September 16, 2008, 05:14:48 PM

it also ensures that you'll have plenty of time to keep tabs on winning programs like OSU and Florida.

LMFAO

don't forget the status of USF and their fans (bandwagon vs. "real fans"). LOL

the status of USF... yea that's a hard one to keep an eye on living a few minutes away and having a fiance that goes there.

if you found that funny you must die in hysterics everytime someone mentions Grothe for Heisman. (that's the current campus talk)

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#80 : September 16, 2008, 05:15:47 PM

You hope to put the muzzle on fans? You clearly have not spent enough time in Gainesville over the past 10 years.

The reason you heard OSU fans spout-off is because they were good enough to get to those games.

Just because we were not good enough on that day - doesn't mean we didn't deserve to be there.

Afterall - Stanford beat USC last year...does that mean Stanford should have gone to the NC game? Does it mean that Stanford is the best team in the PAC 10?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#81 : September 16, 2008, 05:38:04 PM

someone mentions Grothe for Heisman. (that's the current campus talk)

yes college kids mentioning their starting QB for the Heisman is very odd.   ::)

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#82 : September 16, 2008, 06:32:48 PM

Students campaigning for their QB for Heisman?

...Buckeye fans would never do that...this year.

Niether would Notre Dame fans...

(Troy Smith got his, I guess Brady Quinn didn't get enough fan support fromt his student body?)

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#83 : September 16, 2008, 08:02:01 PM

LMFAO

don't forget the status of USF and their fans (bandwagon vs. "real fans"). LOL

the status of USF... yea that's a hard one to keep an eye on living a few minutes away and having a fiance that goes there.

Is she doing post-grad there?

if you found that funny you must die in hysterics everytime someone mentions Grothe for Heisman. (that's the current campus talk)

Actually, College Football Live mentioned him as a darkhorse this evening. Doubt he has a chance in hell but it shows it's not just homers with that talk...

#84 : September 17, 2008, 05:26:27 AM

OSU will never fire Tressel. All they care about is beating Michigan and he does that well. But he doesnt prepare his team well at all for big games and thats evident.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#85 : September 17, 2008, 08:15:12 AM

getting rid of tressel would be the WORST thing osu could do.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#86 : September 17, 2008, 10:48:13 AM

But he doesnt prepare his team well at all for big games and thats evident.

Tressel's a fine coach.  I think he is as good as anyone preparing his team, you OSU fans are just supremely jaded into thinking you have the talent to compete with tops teams.  You haven't for long time.

The Championship game against Miami was a great example of Tressel being able to overcome the talent deficiency against a top team.  It just hasn't happened the last three times.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#87 : September 17, 2008, 07:52:58 PM

Just as Dungy used to say - the one contributing factor was team execution (after what that game looked like I too am in favor of it).

Nothing wrong with Tressell - he's just going to have to adapt his game again. When facing the SEC, Big 12, and Pac 10 - we'll have to find a way to win these games.

Biggs - that NC game was in 2002 - same year Bucs won the Superbowl - both of my teams need to adjust and execute!

GatorBuc85

Pro Bowler

#88 : September 18, 2008, 05:05:32 PM

You hope to put the muzzle on fans? You clearly have not spent enough time in Gainesville over the past 10 years.

You're including way too many years.

-Chase

Our fans suck!
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: OSU VS. USC « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools