Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Einstein, God & His Spiritual Journey - A Great Read « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 19, 2008, 09:14:26 PM

As for the religious debate--I'm not a Xian.  In fact, I can't hardly stand em.  But the more I get into quantum mechanics and cosmology, the more the SCIENTIFIC part of me notices that the Universe is too perfectly balanced to be a result of random chance.  In fact, the odds against human life as we know it evolving spontaneously after only 13 billion years is astronomically against such an occurance.  Like a blind man trying to solve a rubic's cube, mathematically speaking, it should take about 10 to the 100 years for such a perfect natural balance to occur by random chance.  Possible, yes, but highly, highly unlikely. 

I can't say there's some personal "god" out there that gives a rats butt about the specks of stardust that is humanity, but I can see evidence of a blueprint to the universe.

I agree. And the $128,000 question is: Who designed it?

ET?

Higher Dimensional Being?

???

buckit

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 19, 2008, 09:16:01 PM

Possibly no "being".  Perhaps the Multiverse itself is a grand intelligence far beyond our comprehension...like ants trying to grok human thoughts...

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 19, 2008, 09:41:04 PM

Possibly no "being".  Perhaps the Multiverse itself is a grand intelligence far beyond our comprehension...like ants trying to grok human thoughts...

Or humans trying to figure out why ET (allegedly) abducts them.

Had to get that in.

No being? I'm open to that one too.

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler

#33 : September 19, 2008, 10:48:50 PM

I have another interesting Einstein quote from the book "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins. I dont think its been posted yet, so im sorry if Iam repeating. In the book the author claims Einstein was an atheist, although his main contention is that he did not believe in any form of a personal god that meddled with human affairs.

The quote: 

"I am a ddeply religious non-believer. This is a somewhat new kind of religion.

I have never imputed to nature a purpose or a goal, or anything that could be understood as anthropomorphic. What I see in nature is a magnificent structure that we can comprehendonly imperfectly, and that must fill a thinking person with a feeling of humility. Thisis a genuinely religious feeling that has nothing to do with mysticism.

The idea of a personal god is quite alien to me and seems nieve."

Personally, I am an agnostic that leans strongly towards atheism. In my opinion, if there is a "god" it has absolutelly no interaction with human beings. I believe we are simply harnessed forms of energy. We can influence people and events using the energy of our thoughts and behavior, but the only "afterlife" we get is our energy being dispersed to other life forms.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 19, 2008, 11:05:49 PM

That's a new quote, I think.

I think we survive death. But how much of our personality and being comes through on the other
side? I don't know. There is evidence that a lot of that personality makes it through, Then there's
evidence that it's dispersed and only fragments remain.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Einstein, God & His Spiritual Journey - A Great Read « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools