Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Holmgren on this sundays game vs. Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

: December 28, 2006, 05:07:03 PM

I thought this may interest some of you...

http://www.seahawks.com/News/News.aspx?id=44590

From Holmgren...

“Well, we're going to play the game,” Holmgren said. “And I told the team that this morning. We are in a different spot than we were last year when we had everything locked up prior to the Green Bay game. It was just different, as far I was concerned. Now, we have not won a game in a couple weeks. I think it's important to win a game going into the playoffs, I think that's important. While we played much better against San Diego than we had the two previous weeks, we have got to continue that."

“So if all of a sudden I started pulling guys or resting guys, or all of a sudden say, 'Look, you are only going to play a quarter,' I think that's the wrong message to send to them. When you do that you roll the dice a little bit, absolutely. But we've been so inconsistent this season that I just don't think we can do that. We have to play the game."

Baghead #2

#1 : December 28, 2006, 05:11:59 PM

I hope they play ALL of their starters but the Bucs being favored by three tells me that Vegas thinks otherwise.

#2 : December 28, 2006, 05:12:44 PM

I thought this may interest some of you...

http://www.seahawks.com/News/News.aspx?id=44590

From Holmgren...

“Well, we're going to play the game,” Holmgren said. “And I told the team that this morning. We are in a different spot than we were last year when we had everything locked up prior to the Green Bay game. It was just different, as far I was concerned. Now, we have not won a game in a couple weeks. I think it's important to win a game going into the playoffs, I think that's important. While we played much better against San Diego than we had the two previous weeks, we have got to continue that."

“So if all of a sudden I started pulling guys or resting guys, or all of a sudden say, 'Look, you are only going to play a quarter,' I think that's the wrong message to send to them. When you do that you roll the dice a little bit, absolutely. But we've been so inconsistent this season that I just don't think we can do that. We have to play the game."

Yeah, this is what I heard.  So, at least if we win and drop a few spots, we'll have beaten a full-strength squad!  :)

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 28, 2006, 05:59:40 PM

it is all lies, walrus-man will pull his boys when he sees fit.  After the 1st quarter perhaps, but I bet it will be after the half...

nflinsider

Starter

#4 : December 28, 2006, 06:10:46 PM

We may as well lose and and take the higher draft pick. What do we really gain by winning one more game??????

spartan

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 28, 2006, 08:17:47 PM

We may as well lose and and take the higher draft pick. What do we really gain by winning one more game??????

Pride?

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 28, 2006, 09:44:52 PM

Pride?

Amen!

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 28, 2006, 10:12:32 PM

Screw pride as WOW we were 5-11 rather than 4-12 - yeah that is so much pride.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 28, 2006, 10:29:46 PM

Screw pride as WOW we were 5-11 rather than 4-12 - yeah that is so much pride.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 28, 2006, 10:37:03 PM

I mean really - we are going to have a losing season - we will not have the worst record so who really cares if we are 4-12 or 5-11 unless you have money on our record.  This league is all about the Super Bowl and making the playoffs so once you are out of the playoffs you really do not play for much other than pride.  We have been out of the playoffs since Week One so maybe we should have played for pride before now.  I never go against my team but if we lose we really win for the future.  By having the #4 pick compared to the #5 or #6 we get to draft the best player in each and every round so there will be players we get that we could have missed out on.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 28, 2006, 11:00:16 PM

Pride?

If we win, we could fall as far as #8 if certain other things happen.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 28, 2006, 11:09:41 PM

It is better to lose. Not to quit, but to lose, for better draft leverage.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 29, 2006, 11:06:24 AM

i'm sure the guys who might be playing their last game as a buc would be thrilled to take a dive

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 29, 2006, 01:11:29 PM

It won't matter if we win or lose or even if we got first pick by some miracle.....no one isi going to like  our first three picks no matter who they are so why even think about it!!!!! [banghead]

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 29, 2006, 01:17:09 PM

I remember watching the 2003 season and a lot of games where there really was a half-assed effort on the part of the Bucs team. A bunch of cats who got fat after a Super Bowl season. What was the record 8-8? I'd rather take 5-12 record with a bunch of guys who are really trying and making improvement over 8 wins with a bunch of lazy bums. Just my 2 cents.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Holmgren on this sundays game vs. Bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools