Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I actually agree with Duemig « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 28, 2006, 11:13:49 PM

Whatever, Gruden made a crap-ass decision with the qb's this year. He will continue to evaluate talent poorly.  Insider has a point here. Don't simply dismiss that.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

sma2680

Practice Squad

#16 : December 28, 2006, 11:16:04 PM

I heard the insider on the radio, and I thought it was interesting how he didn't even mention what the salary cap implications of a "sign and trade" would be, yet threw it out there as if it could potentially happen.  Obviously the signing of Simms says that the Bucs were interested in keeping him around.  Seems like a pretty good deal for both parties to me...

#17 : December 28, 2006, 11:35:57 PM

Whatever, Gruden made a crap-ass decision with the qb's this year. He will continue to evaluate talent poorly. Insider has a point here. Don't simply dismiss that.

Yes they made a mis-calculation in Fiedler....nobody is denying that but if you're agreeing with Duemig you're freaking looney, and or sniffing glue.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#18 : December 28, 2006, 11:39:09 PM

Post glue sniffing pic, RJ.

#19 : December 28, 2006, 11:59:56 PM

..I don't have the URL on me or I would.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 29, 2006, 01:46:56 AM

Why does everyone say Gruden is a poor talent evaluator? This is the same guy that realized a journeyman QB like Gannon could be a MVP player, that realized Brad Johnson could be a SB winning QB. This is the guy that drafted a great RB in Caddy, and while the jury is still out on Joseph, Trueblood, Stovall and other draft picks they all seem to be coming along just fine. To say he is a poor judse of talent is crazy.

Also how does the signing of Simms make no sense? I mean do you really want to go into next season with only Grads and McCown under contract? There is no guarentee that we will land a vetern QB in FA so we resigned a guy who knows our offense and can run it. Best thing of all is it is a incentive laden contract so if simms does well we will be paying him cheap and if he does bad he is a well paid backup. This signing makes 100% sense.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#21 : December 29, 2006, 01:55:22 AM

Gruden thot Grads was the 2nd coming of Gannon.  He tried his best to replace BJ (see Rob Johnson) until he realized BJ was really smart & knew what he was doing. Ithink te jury may be out on Carnell.

#22 : December 29, 2006, 02:01:25 AM

Gruden thot Grads was the 2nd coming of Gannon. He tried his best to replace BJ (see Rob Johnson) until he realized BJ was really smart & knew what he was doing. Ithink te jury may be out on Carnell.
1. Who knows if Bruce isn't? Not like Gannon lit it up early on.
2. Rob Johnson was 'his type of QB', did he ever replace Brad? No, but competition worked well evidently.
3. I refuse to believe anyone can seriously think Cadillac is a bust, over 2,000 yards in 2 seasons is impressive for an O-line like ourselves.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 29, 2006, 02:50:20 AM

Gruden is not going to sink the rookies ship, why would he bad mouth his own players?  Think for a second fellow Buc fans.  WHy would Gruden throw his boys under the Bus unless they act like Keyshawn Johnson?  He wouldn't, because it is a performance issue, and it just doesm't translate.

Gruden never said Simms sucks.  No matter what you say, or what you say "he implied".  He never uttered the phrase Simms sucks.  ALl we have is, "When Gruden talks about GRads, his eyes light up...", or when he talks about Simms, he never uses "The Proper adjectives, or the positive ones".  Gimme a damned break guys.  Get over it.

It is a black and white issue, and Simms is a better QB, and the Bucs started slow.  Gruden never pinned the season, nor the three losses on Simms.  Go ahead and find a quote in which he said as much...

You won' find it.

zellmiller

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 29, 2006, 06:03:11 AM

One thing that is true, Grads is built like and has the same skill set as Gannon, Gruden had a blast calling plays for that offense.  The difference is execution.  Look at the lil' Jeff, he is not strong armed yet he makes the Philly offense go, it's called no how, and the rook doesn't know how.

Huge ego, not a gruden guy,  doesn't use MIKE.

#25 : December 29, 2006, 08:15:54 AM

Whatever, Gruden made a crap-ass decision with the qb's this year. He will continue to evaluate talent poorly. Insider has a point here. Don't simply dismiss that.

Its getting to the point where I hope Gruden turns it around next year then leaves our sorry @$$es just because of people this year

#26 : December 29, 2006, 08:18:06 AM

Gruden thot Grads was the 2nd coming of Gannon. He tried his best to replace BJ (see Rob Johnson) until he realized BJ was really smart & knew what he was doing. Ithink te jury may be out on Carnell.

Gruden made a mistake wih Gradkowski...a mistake a lot of us would have made if we were in his shoes.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#27 : December 29, 2006, 08:33:59 AM

Too funny- Gruden thought Grads was a promising young rookie. He still is. He showed flashes and at times showed ineptitude. The playing time Grads got was key as rookies learn from their mistakes. He may never see the field as a starter or he may just turn it completely around after learning from the tape what he did right and what he did wrong. Not like Gannon lit it up early. Or look at a guy like Alex Amith that is playing decent now but threw 1 TD and 11 picks last season. It takes time to learn the speed of the NFL. As for BJ he never tried to replace him. He simply brought in a vet QB in RJ to compete- That same RJ went 2-0 helping the Bucs seal a 12-4 SB winning season.

As for CAddy-- the jury is not out on him he has put up over 2000 yards in his 2 seasons-- more than any of the other backs that went higher than him in his draft class. Fact of the matter is he is a shifty back that has a good burst and can hit the hole and make things happen in open spaces. he is not a truck you over back. the key ingredient to his success is a line that will open holes something he has not had. Even our bruiser back can only manage 2.5 ypc with 20+ touches because our run blocking stinks. Caddy will be just fine if he gets the holes to run through. Jury still out--please Karen-- use your head before the jury renders it's decision on your posts.

As for agreeing with Duemig--thats about the stupidest thing I have ever heard-- he is a hack-- the only thing I agree with him on is the crazy buffet has some decent sushi and sashimi. As for sports he is an idiot. As for inside sources-- the Bucs were sold 3 years ago. ::)

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 29, 2006, 08:44:47 AM

I think te jury may be out on Carnell.
3. I refuse to believe anyone can seriously think Cadillac is a bust, over 2,000 yards in 2 seasons is impressive for an O-line like ourselves.

I think RJ cleaned up that mouth poo for you.
CW is in his second year and averaging 1,000 yards per season with our O-line. When was the last time a back posted 2000 yards in two seasons with the Bucs? It's not a trick question.

I think that people tend to toss players and coaches under the bus purely out of frustration for what their team is or isn't doing. If we're winning, things are different. When we're not, the sky is falling, the ship is sinking, or the "insert mouth poo line here". What some people fail to see, much less understand, is that when you have a window of opportunity, you have to get through it before it closes. We all watched our window slam shut after the '02 season. Since then, we've had some bad decisions and some good decisions. To say that the jury is out on Williams is just ridiculous.

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

#29 : December 29, 2006, 08:47:21 AM

Gruden thot Grads was the 2nd coming of Gannon.
No, that's just the unrealsitic expectation you Simms lovers had. Gruden never said that Grads was the 2nd coming of Gannon, he merely thought he was a promising rookie.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I actually agree with Duemig « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools