Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How the first round will go « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

: December 29, 2006, 09:25:34 AM

Why do you think OAK will take another WR with no QB to throw to him? Just curious. Unless Al Davis is relying solely on Aaron Brooks.

I think Al Davis goes hard after Matt Schab(sp?) giving a 2007 second and a 2008 first for him

Having Schab Moss and Calvin Johnson would make that offense more than scary
What's with the hard on for Shaub? He hasn't proven to be anything but a decent back-up. AL Davis wouldn't like him because of his lack of arm stength. Oakland would take JaMarcus Russell over CJ IMO.

Maybe if AD is thinking clearly. BUT if I know Al Davis he will not always think of the best situation.. A LA Janakowski round 1

#1 : December 29, 2006, 08:53:23 AM

1)Detroit ~Brady Quinn QB
2)Oakland~Calvin Johnson WR
3) Cleveland~Jamarcus Russell QB
4) Tampa Bay~Gaines Adams DL
5) Arizona~ Joe Thomas OL
6) Texans~ Adrian Peterson RB
7) Redskins~Laron Landry S
8  Vikings~Alan Branch DL
9) 49ers~ Quentin Moses DL
10) Rams~Dwayne Jarrett WR
11) Panthers~Patrick Willis LB
12)Packers~Brian Brohm QB
13) Falcons~ Regie Nelson S
14)Miami~Marcus McCauley CB
15) Steelers~ Ted Ginn Jr WR
16) Giants~ Marshawn Lynch RB
17) Bills~ Justin Blaylock OG
18) KC~ Leon Hall CB
19) Titans~Lamar Woodley DL
20) Patriots~Michael Griffen S
21) Jets~ Quinn Pit**CENSORED** DL
22) Eagles~ Demarcus "Tank" Tyler DL
23) Jags~ Darrelle Revis CB
24) Cincinatti~ Amobi Okoye DT
25) Denver~ Buster Davis LB
26) Dallas~ Jeff Samardija WR
27) New Orleans~ Arron Ross DB
28) Indy~HB Blades LB
29) Patriots~ Robert Meachem WR
30) Ravens~ Antoine Cason CB
31) Bears~ Glenn Dorsey DT
32) Chargers~ Frank Okam DT

I did miss Marcus...edited

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#2 : December 29, 2006, 08:57:19 AM

You're probably correct for the most part utspartan. I do think the 4th pick could end up being Joe Thomas too.

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#3 : December 29, 2006, 08:58:41 AM

No way in hell we pass on Joe Thomas.. .Wont Happen.

#4 : December 29, 2006, 08:59:43 AM

Why do you think OAK will take another WR with no QB to throw to him?  Just curious.  Unless Al Davis is relying solely on Aaron Brooks.

#5 : December 29, 2006, 09:00:22 AM

No way in hell we pass on Joe Thomas.. .Wont Happen.

If it was last year I would say no. However right now drafting a Defensive player will get a HUGE monkey off of Gruden's back...he will take Gaines Adams IMO

#6 : December 29, 2006, 09:02:00 AM

Why do you think OAK will take another WR with no QB to throw to him? Just curious. Unless Al Davis is relying solely on Aaron Brooks.

I think Al Davis goes hard after Matt Schab(sp?) giving a 2007 second and a 2008 first for him

T

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 29, 2006, 09:05:26 AM

The Packers take another QB? The Bucs pass on Joe Thomas?J. Russell going in the Top 3?? Is this a joke.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 29, 2006, 09:06:18 AM

they could take that monkey off his back by spending about 20 million dollars this offseaon on the defense by bringing in some youthful talent, something we haven't had in 5 years.

No way in the hell the vikings take branch, they have 2 studs already (Leon Hall there), Redskins have Taylor and tied up a boat load of cash on Archeuleta so cross of landry. If the Rams go WR, it will be Ted Ginn but there defense is awful. Packers will not draft ANOTHER QB. Buster Davis round 1, to denver...no shot (Al Wilson). Marcus McCauley isn't even on the list...

Baghead #2

#9 : December 29, 2006, 09:09:23 AM

What's with the hard on for Shaub? He hasn't proven to be anything but a decent back-up. AL Davis wouldn't like him because of his lack of arm stength. Oakland would take JaMarcus Russell over CJ IMO.

#10 : December 29, 2006, 09:13:06 AM

The Packers take another QB? The Bucs pass on Joe Thomas?J. Russell going in the Top 3?? Is this a joke.

I thik the Packers have gave up on Aaron Rogers...Brohm is more of the Brett Farve clone anyway

The Adams pick is going soley on Gruden. He wants Joe Thomas BUT the fact that the nack on him is "he doesnt like defensive players"  will intice him to take a DL round 1. Just like he said "there are people around here that tell me I dont like young players...well I love young payers" he will say "People tell us all the time we dont like defensive players...well I love defensive players of Gaines's callibur"

Jamarcus will be the #2 QB taken his stock will rise during the Sugar Bowl when he goes off on ND and at the combine. Cleveland will take him #3....by far he is better than Brohm and a better polished QB than Troy Smith. Cleveland picks 3 if Quinn isnt there they will pull the trigger on Jamarcus

#11 : December 29, 2006, 09:18:31 AM

they could take that monkey off his back by spending about 20 million dollars this offseaon on the defense by bringing in some youthful talent, something we haven't had in 5 years.

No way in the hell the vikings take branch, they have 2 studs already (Leon Hall there), Redskins have Taylor and tied up a boat load of cash on Archeuleta so cross of landry. If the Rams go WR, it will be Ted Ginn but there defense is awful. Packers will not draft ANOTHER QB. Buster Davis round 1, to denver...no shot (Al Wilson). Marcus McCauley isn't even on the list...

You have to understand teams dont always draft at need. They take best available. Thats where a lot of "fans moicks" run astray. They dont think of Quality available in later rounds at need positions.

Yes Archuletta is tied up but he is overrated...PLUS if you have a Landry waiting behind a Archuletta and Taylor he will learn.

Brohm was adressed above

Buster Davis is an guy that Denver will love I see him as a perfect fit with Shanahan

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 29, 2006, 09:32:14 AM

You have to understand teams dont always draft at need. They take best available. Thats where a lot of "fans moicks" run astray. They dont think of Quality available in later rounds at need positions.

Yes Archuletta is tied up but he is overrated...PLUS if you have a Landry waiting behind a Archuletta and Taylor he will learn.

Brohm was adressed above

Buster Davis is an guy that Denver will love I see him as a perfect fit with Shanahan

The Skins need DL help way more than Safety help. There are numerous DT's that could help them Immediately and they could use a DE. Safety is not a concern to the redskins.

They packers are showing life, they will not take another R1 QB, that makes absolutely zero sense and the comparision between favre and Brhom is hilarious (I live in Louisville).

The Broncos have DJ williams (3rd year guy/1st round pick), Ian Gold (28 signed thru 2010) and Al Wilson (signed thru 2010 and is 28 as well). You think that the Broncos would draft a 5'8" LB in the first round because he fits their scheme, hillarious. They have probably the best group at LB in the NFL....What about safety for them, Nick Ferguson blew out his achilles and Jerome Cox is far from future at safety (as of now) and lynch is not a spring chicken.

Baghead #2

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 29, 2006, 09:38:11 AM

What's with the hard on for Shaub? He hasn't proven to be anything but a decent back-up.

Anyone remember Scott Mitchell?

Shag

Pro Bowler

#14 : December 29, 2006, 09:41:07 AM

Brohm is returning to school, and there might be too many DL's in the 1st round. I like our pick though.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How the first round will go « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools