Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How the first round will go « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 30, 2006, 03:43:02 PM

Bucs will take either Thomas or Adams.  It really makes no difference who Gruden takes, because they are all prospects, and both guys are positions of need.  I think it boils down to depth at either O-line or D-line.  Whichever position has a deeper pool, Gruden will take the guy in the shallower pool.  I think if he takes a Quinn (if available), or a Johnson (if available), then we should raise some eyebrows.  If he takes a tackle to replace Davis, then what is the harm in that?  Thomas would kick Davis to the curb, and we all know that.  Adams is an upgrade on the D-line, and we all know that.  Both are incredibly important to this team, both would be great picks...

But another wideout is not a good idea.  Even though the Bucs need another wideout, what good is having a good wideout without giving the QB some time to get him the ball?  Without having a serviceable run game as a result of poor run blocking?

Quiunn?  That would be the worst idea Gruden has ever come up with.  Yes, the Bucs need a franchise QB, but the Bucs as a team need immediate gratificatioin that comes through wins, not developing prospects.  The future is now.

bfarbs

Pro Bowler
#31 : December 30, 2006, 04:11:06 PM

This is a seriously flawed mock draft. We can argue all day long about this, but I really dont see the Lions taking a QB.  Millen will be back and his job and Marinelli's will be on the line so they will try to trade down for multiple picks or take one of the two linemen at their spot. (Thomas or Adams).  Need is irrelevant. We need a QB also but we wont take one, because Gruden needs to win in 07. Same rationale for why Lions wont go with a QB.  I could see the Raiders taking Johnson but they are just as  likely to go QB as Al Davis calls the shots.  Cleveland could easily go QB.  Will be interesting to see who runs their draft. Rumors are that Savage and/or Crennel will be canned.  At 3, Gaines Adams will definitely be available, however, Thomas could easily be gone by then.  Thomas will not make it past the fourth pick no matter what the draft order is.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 30, 2006, 04:21:45 PM

I think Cleveland is still set on Frye. I doubt they reach that far for Russell.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#33 : December 30, 2006, 04:51:08 PM

Spartan you do know that as of right now we still have the 3rd pick in the draft. So unless we win tomorrow we have the 3rd pick in the draft.

SCLOBERNOCKER47

Practice Squad

#34 : December 30, 2006, 05:01:26 PM

^Hes right.

We're still #3
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How the first round will go « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools