Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do we trade Garcia now? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 22, 2008, 10:46:36 PM

Since we didn't give Garcia that big contract everyone thought he should get, what's the hurry in trading him? At his age, we wouldn't get much anyway.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 22, 2008, 07:39:19 PM

if anything, this proves that we keep him around.  Griese is the man for winning that game yesterday, but if we don't get that penalty called against the Bears in OT, we most likely lose that game.....regardless, 3 INTs is cause for concern so we should def keep Garcia around because 3 INTs against a team with an actual offense will equal a Loss....

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 22, 2008, 07:41:19 PM

What could we even get for him, and what would we do if Griese got hurt? I am not sure putting all our Eggs in the McCown basket with no real back-up is worth the late round draft pick (If that) we would get for Garcia.

All our eggs aren't in the McCown basket. They are in 2 baskets: Griese and McCown.

Read his post again, he said if Griese gets hurt THEN all the eggs would be in the McCown basket.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 22, 2008, 08:09:33 PM

What could we even get for him, and what would we do if Griese got hurt? I am not sure putting all our Eggs in the McCown basket with no real back-up is worth the late round draft pick (If that) we would get for Garcia.

All our eggs aren't in the McCown basket. They are in 2 baskets: Griese and McCown.

Read his post again, he said if Griese gets hurt THEN all the eggs would be in the McCown basket.

Yeah, I saw that, but he's not hurt, so we still have 2 baskets.

Bucstopshere5

Starter
#34 : September 23, 2008, 08:52:27 AM

Since we didn't give Garcia that big contract everyone thought he should get, what's the hurry in trading him? At his age, we wouldn't get much anyway.

Gives us a free roster spot.  Maybe for a Returner that's worth a damn.  Maybe another QB to start learning the system.

I agree for the roster spot, to be able to pull clifton up. But give josh johnson time. Kid will impress

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 23, 2008, 08:54:05 AM

Gives us a free roster spot.  Maybe for a Returner that's worth a damn.  Maybe another QB to start learning the system.

I agree for the roster spot, to be able to pull clifton up. But give josh johnson time. Kid will impress

Sure, but we'll need 3 QBs next year, and Jeff and Luke aren't under contract.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 08, 2008, 11:03:57 PM

Do we trade Garcia now?

I say "no".
That would be really dumb to trade away the QB who took the Starter Reps in practice.

[ snicker ]

~ read the list of names and see what they said...

Enhanced Cranston Logo - \"Alan Cranston-- You\'ve Just Been Warholled!\"

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 18, 2008, 11:30:31 PM

Love the 'gimpy, diva, Minny doesn't want him, play McClown' ironies...  ;D

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 18, 2008, 11:38:57 PM

is it just me or is stevens freaky tall on that sig picture?   or is that trueblood...

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 18, 2008, 11:48:47 PM

yes, he does (it appears to be the 6'8" Trueblood, counting the skill position/linemen ratio)

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 18, 2008, 11:50:11 PM

is it just me or is stevens freaky tall on that sig picture?   or is that trueblood...

I think it's Trueblood

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 18, 2008, 11:50:53 PM

Love the 'gimpy, diva, Minny doesn't want him, play McClown' ironies...  ;D

I still would have traded him

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 18, 2008, 11:56:13 PM

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do we trade Garcia now? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools