Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rattay a Buc in 2007? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
: December 31, 2006, 02:12:30 PM

Is he really that bad? I mean come on, no one has managed our Offense aswell this year, Simms couldnt move this Offense aswell as Rattay has. Im not saying Rattay is our Franchise QB or anything like that but IMHO we need him to stick around for next year. In a WCO he is a pretty good backup.

On the other hand, if we sign someone like Garcia, I dont think there would be room on the depth chart for Rattay as Simms and Bruce would be the 2 and 3 QB's (providing the FA acquisition beats out Simms). Therefore, unless we got with 4 QB' or give up on Bruce which I cant see Gruden doing, realistically Rattay wont be here, which would be a shame IMO.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 31, 2006, 02:16:24 PM

I'd rather have someone like Garcia. Garcia has been a Pro Bowler and is a starting calibur QB. Rattay is ok...but he is more of an avg backup at best.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 31, 2006, 02:33:43 PM

I don't think Grads even factors into the equation, he is a 6th round pick and we all know how expendable 6th picks are that have trouble producing and show a regression.

I would be all for Garcia and making a move to get back into the 1st round and getting Troy Smith to learn under Garcia but the FO chose to bring in Simms and I just hope they don't throw 5-8 mill gauranteed on a guy because he is playing on an optimum team. He has had 4 good games in 3 years and he is 37 years old. We are tying to get younger here, I hope. Save the money and bring in a safety that can actually play instead of siging Garcia.

Baghead #2

#3 : December 31, 2006, 02:24:36 PM

He is a good backup no doubt and should be signed on as such, and Grads needs to be either permanently put at #3 or maybe flat out released(cause he will never be a big time starter in this league).

Larry Brackins

Starter
#4 : December 31, 2006, 02:20:35 PM

I'd take him as an insurance policy and still lt ry to sign another vet backup. I'd cut Bruce.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 31, 2006, 02:20:52 PM

I for one am not an adament fan of signing a 37 year old QB when you just resigned Simms in hope of him being "the guy". If you wanted Garcia I think that the FO would have opted not to resign Simms. Couple this with the fact that Rattay has come in and done very well, its makes logical sense to keep Rattay and save the cash as opposed to splurging on 37 year old vet that has played 4 good games in 3 years....

Baghead #2

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 31, 2006, 02:19:27 PM

Rattay can manage the offense at times, but is that enough? Will that satisfy you? I doubt it will Gruden. Besides, I bet Raatay gets a better chance to start with another team and he goes for that.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#7 : December 31, 2006, 03:14:52 PM

i say keep him, or we might regret it, at least we know if simms sucks it up we have a decent backup, he isnt doing too shabby for a battered team missing alot of its starters

I say keep rattay, pick up a young guy, maybe even a rookie like JaMarcus Russell and simms and russell will be the future, and if simms does better, we can do kinda the same thing the chargers did with brees and rivers, but thats wishful thinking

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 31, 2006, 03:37:08 PM

Garcia is only 2 steps infront of rattay, they are about  the same imo

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 31, 2006, 03:38:11 PM

He doesn't fit the system??

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#10 : December 31, 2006, 03:39:31 PM

except garcia is almost 37, and rattay is only 29, going on 30, Rattay is the better option

Garcia may look good now, but dont forget all those injury plagued seasons he had

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 31, 2006, 03:41:50 PM

do you really think garcia is going to be a free agent? if he gets them deep i think the eagles will try to lock him up.. dont you?

its just like briggs.. cant they just slap the franchise tag on him and thats it?

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 31, 2006, 03:50:11 PM

do you really think garcia is going to be a free agent? if he gets them deep i think the eagles will try to lock him up.. dont you?

its just like briggs.. cant they just slap the franchise tag on him and thats it?

HAHA, what? Franchise Garcia, no shot....

Baghead #2

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 31, 2006, 03:52:47 PM

I take it you didnt read that correct..

I never said franchise jeff.. I said lock him up.. meaning resign him to a new deal..

I was trying to point out how easy it is for someone we REALLY want to be off the market.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 31, 2006, 03:56:31 PM

First of all I think that Garcia wants to be on a winning team more than he does a starter, that is just MHO. I don't think he would come to tampa in the first place. He is 37 years old and wants to win more than start IMHO. McNabb won't be back to start the season (see Culpepper), as reports indicate, so Garcia will stay, get some good PT on a good team that has a chance to win something.

Baghead #2
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rattay a Buc in 2007? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools