Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Griese - Playcalling - OL - D in the Bears game « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 22, 2008, 10:14:15 AM

Honestly bro even with Davin we would't have run the ball well yesterday.  I'm not say Zuttah is better than Davin, but he's holding his own and gaining valuable experience that will pay off for us down the road.  Z is doing a fine job...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

benir0

Hall of Famer
#16 : September 22, 2008, 10:17:22 AM

Honestly bro even with Davin we would't have run the ball well yesterday.  I'm not say Zuttah is better than Davin, but he's holding his own and gaining valuable experience that will pay off for us down the road.  Z is doing a fine job...

I don't think we would have been able to run the ball yesterday with DJ either.  And Zuttah will be a great player for us for years to come, from what he's shown.  Not trying to cut your boy down.  :)

As you said: 67 dropbacks and...0 sacks against THE BEARS?!?!?!

Apparently our OL forgot that pass protection is their weakness.

MarineBuc

Starter

#17 : September 22, 2008, 10:18:04 AM

Chev...spot on!!! Z is doing what he needs to do. I hope DJ gets back soon, but Z has done well in his absence.

67 pass attempts with ZERO sacks does deserve props...just Rothlesberger (sp?) he got sacked EIGHT times yesterday.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 22, 2008, 10:19:36 AM

Chev...spot on!!! Z is doing what he needs to do. I hope DJ gets back soon, but Z has done well in his absence.

67 pass attempts with ZERO sacks does deserve props...just Rothlesberger (sp?) he got sacked EIGHT times yesterday.

They sholda kept Mahan...only in my dreams... ;D

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#19 : September 22, 2008, 10:21:10 AM

even without Jospeh we still did not allow a sack yesterday and i don't believe the OL had a single holding penalty on them all game, i know we had a holding call on Hayward but pretty sure the OL played pretty disciplined yesterday

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 22, 2008, 10:26:57 AM

I think some, me included, would have like to have seen Z made it just a little tougher for Davin to come back and just reclaim the job.  That shows you quality depth.  At least now we know what we got in Z and don't have to wonder.  I actually hope the Bucs become sort of cautious with Davin.  Let him come back to the team this week, practice, but still give Z the first team reps and start him.  He may not get much more play this year and rushing Davin back could do more harm.  Z's playing well enough to bring Davin back strong...

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 22, 2008, 10:30:17 AM

At least Davin just broke a bone in his foot. No tendon or ligament damage that I recall. The Bucs have been with DJ for 5 weeks at least on a 6 week injury.

If he's ready get him back in. Look at it this way Chev...with Joseph back in and Z able to assume backup G/C duties....No Mahan.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 22, 2008, 10:35:42 AM

I think Mahan only plays if something happens to Faine...God forbid...

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 22, 2008, 10:46:15 AM

Didn't really run it enough to know if they could run it. The one running play that I remember the most they didn't block the DE at the point of attack. I think the play was designed to fool him instead of block him. I'm leaning towards blocking him being the better option.

It's not like passing worked on every play either, but they stuck with it.

I wonder what the run/pass ratio is in this famous Gruden play book. Seems like all his energies go into making new passing plays and not designing plays to open up the run.

Doesn't really matter if that's how I'd like to see the offense play or not, it's a win and I'm taking wins every way they come. Go Bucs!

Your observations mirror mine.

I am holding off until game four to post the data that I have gathered when it comes to run/pass ratio in Gruden's career.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#24 : September 22, 2008, 10:49:59 AM

arent screens and draws effective against a team bringing heavy pressure?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 22, 2008, 10:53:26 AM

You are correct but this team isn't known for executing screens. :P

BucFanMatt

Starter
#26 : September 22, 2008, 10:55:50 AM

I really don't think we miss Davin (huge DJ fan here) as much as people want to make it out to be.  Z hasn't been stellar, but he's held his own and I think actually gotten better.  Say what you will about big Z but he was a part of an oline that helped prtect and keep Brian clean 67 times...Give the rook some props...

I don't think it was a criticism of Zuttah as much as it was an acknowledgement of what Davin brings to the table.  I am pleased with Zuttah's performance filling in, but I am hoping Davin's return will take the O-line to the next level in their development as a unit.  I think his experience and rapport with the other guys will pay dividends when he returns and gets back in the groove.

\"Those who would trade freedom for security deserve neither\" -- Benjamin Franklin

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#27 : September 22, 2008, 12:33:06 PM

I am holding off until game four to post the data that I have gathered when it comes to run/pass ratio in Gruden's career.

Why?  Are you waiting for/expecting a loss until you post them?

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 22, 2008, 12:48:11 PM

Why? Are you waiting for/expecting a loss until you post them?

The next game could skew all the stats over Gruden's career. Maybe he'll run it 50 times to help get the average up?

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 22, 2008, 12:55:02 PM

You are correct but this team isn't known for executing screens. :P

Pssshh what are you talking about we ran that amazing fake bubble screen, FB screen to Askew that got about three yards.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Griese - Playcalling - OL - D in the Bears game « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools