Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Griese - Playcalling - OL - D in the Bears game « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#75 : September 24, 2008, 09:30:49 AM

Nobody should be a big fan of the 3-yard out after that Bears game...I understand where you're coming from...

Still, Gruden wasn't wrong Sunday when he told Griese "he" was going to have to win it for the Bucs...

Why the Still? Have I or any posted even commented on that in this thread.

People need to stop making arguments against these phantom Gruden Haters they're starting to see around ever corner and under every rock. Can we not have a normal discussion between a few folks in here anymore? Why does everything go instantly to Grudenistas vs Gruden Haterz?

For the Record, Been labeled Grudenista a number of times, can't remember anyone bust'n out Gruden hater yet. However I guess if you'd like to see a few more runs in the mix you're not a gruden hater. I wonder what Jon would say.

You're being paranoid...that was another way of saying the running game wasn't getting it done Sunday...

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#76 : September 24, 2008, 09:31:31 AM

WOW....Just wow.....

If we shorten that game by 2 minutes.... we dont come back and win.  

If they don't throw throw those picks they probably aren't looking at coming back.  

Anyone can play the guessing game.

Only you seem to think you can guess at the outcome with such certainty.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#77 : September 24, 2008, 09:33:38 AM

Nobody should be a big fan of the 3-yard out after that Bears game...I understand where you're coming from...

Still, Gruden wasn't wrong Sunday when he told Griese "he" was going to have to win it for the Bucs...

People need to stop making arguments against these phantom Gruden Haters they're starting to see around ever corner and under every rock. Can we not have a normal discussion between a few folks in here anymore? Why does everything go instantly to Grudenistas vs Gruden Haterz?

For the Record, Been labeled Grudenista a number of times, can't remember anyone bust'n out Gruden hater yet. However I guess if you'd like to see a few more runs in the mix you're not a gruden hater. I wonder what Jon would say.

You're being paranoid...that was another way of saying the running game wasn't getting it done Sunday...

Notice I said People, not You. Who's paranoid?

And why the Still comment, had anyone commented on that "win us the game" statement?  nope.  Some other redirect to nowhere.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

clintro

Pro Bowler
#78 : September 24, 2008, 09:34:05 AM

WOW....Just wow.....

If we shorten that game by 2 minutes.... we dont come back and win.  

If they don't throw throw those picks they probably aren't looking at coming back.  

Anyone can play the guessing game.

Only you seem to think you can guess at the outcome with such certainty.

LOL...okay!

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#79 : September 24, 2008, 09:36:04 AM

Notice I said People, not You. Who's paranoid?

And why the Still comment, had anyone commented on that "win us the game" statement? nope. Some other redirect to nowhere.

I'm sorry I joined in your morning rants...lesson learned...

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#80 : September 24, 2008, 09:37:23 AM

It pretty simple in my mind anyway. When teams dare you to throw it you throw it. Especially if they've got 9 on the line.

I like to keep it simple as well, sometimes you just have to run the ball.� Offense dictating to Defense not the other way around.

We ran the ball enough to make the passing game effective.� If we would have rune the ball more and would have averaged 2.5 per carry we would have had a lot more 3 and outs.�

I'll take 2.5 yard run over another incomplete on a 3 yard out.

Please tell me you're not really that stupid?

In other words, As Rowdie has correctly pointed out those three yard out incompletes were terrible and It'd been much better to have designed a running play in place of those.  As I have no response to that fact I'll just go for the ad hominem attack.

clintro

Pro Bowler
#81 : September 24, 2008, 11:07:54 AM

Maybe if we ran more we would have fumbled...... maybe we would have lower our Ave per carry to 1 yard... maybe we would have broke one.

I think i am happy with the WIN!!

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#82 : September 24, 2008, 02:52:35 PM

bump

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#83 : September 26, 2008, 12:35:10 AM

It pretty simple in my mind anyway. When teams dare you to throw it you throw it. Especially if they've got 9 on the line.

I like to keep it simple as well, sometimes you just have to run the ball.� Offense dictating to Defense not the other way around.

We ran the ball enough to make the passing game effective. If we would have rune the ball more and would have averaged 2.5 per carry we would have had a lot more 3 and outs.

I'll take 2.5 yard run over another incomplete on a 3 yard out.

I agree but be prepared to be swarmed by the kool aid drinkers. :o

That was Tony's offensive plan (in Tampa). While it was consistent, it was easily defeated as soon as you ran into a team that was talented enough to stop the run....regardless of how good the Bucs were on defense. We were once beaten 11-6 in a NFC Championship game when our defense was the best in the league.

It could not however beat the Eagles, even with two straight cracks at them (back to back).

It got Tony fired.

Tony doesn't even use that system anymore.

"3 yards and a cloud of dust" went out with Woody Hayes - and at 2.5 yards per carry you're 2.5 yards short of a first down, so you're still punting on 4th down.

Bad idea. That's why they invented the forward pass - to stop defenses from stacking the line. You can run to set up the pass, OR You can pass to set up the run. You cannot set up the run if you can't pass and become 2-1. You could run to set up the run and become the Jacksonville Jaguars (1-2).

Honestly, I don't know why you anti-Grudens use this excuse - even Tony discovered that if you THROW it a LOT you can actually WIN Conference Championship games (Superbowls even).

Spurious argument.

But don't worry - against the upcoming opponent we will most likely run a bit more than we pass...but we will still pass (...'cause it sets up the run).

Incomparable sig by Incognito

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler

#84 : September 26, 2008, 12:56:09 AM

run sets up run, pass sets up run, run sets up pass .. dang .. my head is spinning.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Griese - Playcalling - OL - D in the Bears game « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools