Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS PLACE CB ZEMATIS ON IR, PROMOTE RB GATES « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Larry Brackins

Starter
#15 : December 29, 2006, 03:43:51 PM

another I dont care move, and another post where people are making a bigger deal out of something very small

Inquiring minds want to know.  Is there some loop hole salary cap implication in doing this?  I guess we needed a body is what it amounts to and if you promote a guy from the PS you gotta cut or IR someone on the current roster...
It's just to have an extra body at running back sunday.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

bklynbucs11

Starter

#16 : December 29, 2006, 05:20:28 PM

Remember through, most rookie CB's take a while to adjust to the Bucs system. Ronde didn't play his first 2 years and Kelly was nicknamed Burnt Toast.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#17 : December 29, 2006, 05:39:34 PM

It opens a PS spot and the ability to pull someone off the waiver they may have been looking at. By placing AZ on IR they open a roster spot and can spend that on someone they may want to allocate to NFLE or keep in the offseason. If it's someone in their first three years they can have the rights to that player by signing them and then tendering the minimum qualifying offer or something --who knows but thats what came to my mind.

#18 : December 29, 2006, 05:43:40 PM

It opens a PS spot and the ability to pull someone off the waiver they may have been looking at. By placing AZ on IR they open a roster spot and can spend that on someone they may want to allocate to NFLE or keep in the offseason. If it's someone in their first three years they can have the rights to that player by signing them and then tendering the minimum qualifying offer or something --who knows but thats what came to my mind.
Logic for the victory.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS PLACE CB ZEMATIS ON IR, PROMOTE RB GATES « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools