Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS PLACE CB ZEMATIS ON IR, PROMOTE RB GATES « previous next »
Page: 1 2

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
: December 29, 2006, 12:02:37 PM

PewterReport.com is reporting that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have placed rookie cornerback Alan Zemaitis on injured reserve with a shoulder injury and replaced him on the active roster with practice squad running back Lionel Gates. Zemaitis was inactive all season and never suited up for a game. Tampa Bay signed CB Carlos Hendricks, who was on the Bucs' practice squad in November, to take Gates' place on the practice squad. Stay tuned to PewterReport.com for more Bucs news.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 29, 2006, 12:09:17 PM

Now what sense does that make?  Can you shed some light on that move and why it's significant?  It's the last game of the season.  Do we get some roster bonus or relief in anyway financially?  It's not like Gates, whom we all know and love, will get many carries on Sunday...I'm perplexed on this one...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#2 : December 29, 2006, 12:12:34 PM

ya im a tad confused on this one also, how did zemaitis even get hurt bad enough to hit the IR?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 29, 2006, 12:15:52 PM

According to buccaneers.com, it was his nagging shoulder.  As you said, Chev, it's an odd move.

http://buccaneers.com/news/newsdetail.aspx?newsid=5604

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 29, 2006, 12:20:12 PM

There is something strange that is going on with Zemantis. I heard an interview with Monte Kiffen and he was asked how the rookie was doing and why he hasn't gotten on the field and Monte basically said that the kid was learning the system but had some other issues that he's had to deal with also. He did not elaborate what those issues were. I'm not trying to start a rumor, just searching for a possible explanation for his slow progress. he was drafted for his size, skill, speed and his having played in a similar Tampa 2 type defense. We''ll see.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#5 : December 29, 2006, 12:21:24 PM

There is something strange that is going on with Zemantis. I heard an interview with Monte Kiffen and he was asked how the rookie was doing and why he hasn't gotten on the field and Monte basically said that the kid was learning the system but had some other issues that he's had to deal with also. He did not elaborate what those issues were. I'm not trying to start a rumor, just searching for a possible explanation for his slow progress. he was drafted for his size, skill, speed and his having played in a similar Tampa 2 type defense. We''ll see.

ya ive kinda wondered why he hasnt played, kinda sucks we couldve really used him this year

#6 : December 29, 2006, 12:22:53 PM

PewterReport.com is reporting that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have placed rookie cornerback Alan Zemaitis on injured reserve with a foot injury and replaced him on the active roster with practice squad running back Lionel Gates. Zemaitis was inactive all season and never suited up for a game. Tampa Bay signed CB Carlos Hendricks, who was on the Bucs' practice squad in November, to take Gates' place on the practice squad. Stay tuned to PewterReport.com for more Bucs news.

???  Why even make the move with one game left.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 29, 2006, 12:23:41 PM

The whole Zematis thing from IR to not playing is perplexing IMHO. I would have thought he would have gotten some PT even with Kelly on the roster but with Kelly on IR he got none, I don't get it.

Baghead #2

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 29, 2006, 12:24:26 PM

Why promote Gates

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 29, 2006, 12:28:46 PM

Why promote Gates

We need that extra back to pound away.

Baghead #2

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#10 : December 29, 2006, 01:14:45 PM

If a tree falls in the forrest does it make a sound???? If a rookie never takes the field was he even drafted??????

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 29, 2006, 02:12:03 PM

wonder if there are escalator eligibility or practice squad implications that might be avoided? maybe they just wanna save some of their respected veterans (barber) some special teams gruntwork in a meaningless game by adding a body?

#12 : December 29, 2006, 02:15:46 PM

They're just doing this so Mike doesn't get the ball 20 times...

/ joke

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 29, 2006, 03:08:26 PM

another I dont care move, and another post where people are making a bigger deal out of something very small

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 29, 2006, 03:34:28 PM

another I dont care move, and another post where people are making a bigger deal out of something very small

Inquiring minds want to know.  Is there some loop hole salary cap implication in doing this?  I guess we needed a body is what it amounts to and if you promote a guy from the PS you gotta cut or IR someone on the current roster...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS PLACE CB ZEMATIS ON IR, PROMOTE RB GATES « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools