Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Young Kiffin gone?? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: September 22, 2008, 02:40:44 AM

Kiffin has been informed by Raiders officials that Al Davis intends to remove him as the team's head coach as early as Monday, FOXSports.com has learned.

Davis blamed Kiffin for the Raiders' 24-23 loss on Sunday to the Bills, and told his underlings that he will make the move on Monday. However, word was leaked out last week in a similar fashion and Kiffin survived. Players reached out to FOXSports.com to express hope that the move would not be made, and with Davis you can never be certain.

Kiffin reportedly has been on bad terms with Davis since shortly after last season. Sources said that when Kiffin informed Davis of coaching changes he wanted to make, the owner actually sent word to those coaches that the head coach was looking to make a move, but that Davis would protect them.

The Raiders opened the 2008 season with a 41-14 loss to the Broncos and former Raiders coach Mike Shanahan, but rebounded from that by beating the Chiefs, 23-8. They took a 16-7 lead into the fourth quarter Sunday against the Bills, but lost on Rian Lindell's 38-yard field goal as time expired.

On a side note.....................Al Davis has several people in mind for the head coaching position.  Some names being considered.......

Art Shell
Gene Upshaw  [Al does not know he died]
Carrot Top
Hilary Clinton

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 22, 2008, 06:16:00 AM

Didn't the press say the smae thing last Monday?

If you saw any of Kiffin's post game interview with whomever the talking head covering that game was, Kiffin said twice that the team failed to hold onto a two score lead in the 4th quarter.

Ouch. In other words, it was the D that lost that game. After Davis has done everything to undercut Kiffin that he can possibly do, he's gotta fire him. Cause Lane aint gonna quit. Davis only wants him to quit so he doesn't have to pay the balance of that contract. He's gonna eat it now I think.

Serves him right, cheap old jerk.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 22, 2008, 08:43:11 AM

This is Seinfeld come to  life. One guy won't quit in order to be fired, while the other guy digging in and won't fire him because he'll have to pay up.  The cryptkeeper certainly is a strange dude and if I'm an investor in the Raiders, I'm thinking of mutiny. Who could survive in that type of working environment?

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#3 : September 22, 2008, 08:46:55 AM

Problem does not appear to be with the offense.

But Ryan has Davis' ear and Kiffin doesn't.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

#4 : September 22, 2008, 08:48:56 AM

I gotta tell you all, I don't have any idea why ANYONE would want to coach that franchise with Davis running things.  It almost has to feel like you are working for a corpse...LOL.

IMO, the game passed Mafia Al by long, long ago.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 22, 2008, 11:52:34 AM

What are the chances Lane ends up in college somewhere?

Does he have any college experiance?

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 22, 2008, 11:54:05 AM

He was the OC at USC under Pete Carroll.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 22, 2008, 11:57:58 AM

Al Davis needs to be banned from the league

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 22, 2008, 12:04:19 PM

He was the OC at USC under Pete Carroll.

I think that was a little sarcasm.

But, Syracuse, Tennessee??, Notre Dame??

Got_Spleen

Starter

#9 : September 22, 2008, 12:04:46 PM

Gruden could use an OC :D

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 22, 2008, 12:08:00 PM

I'd love to see Monte take over with Lane the OC.  Within 2 years Raheem would take over the HC and Lane retains the OC.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 22, 2008, 12:08:13 PM

I'm thinking Tenn. No, I really didn't know the guy's history.  I know his dad's, but not his. Some guys seem to come up purely in college or in the NFL.

Maybe Al will try to get Norm Chow back into the NFL... maybe John Madden.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#12 : September 22, 2008, 12:32:32 PM

You see folks? Bruce and Jon may not be all warm and cuddly, but at least we're not the Raiders organization. Wow...I'd hate to be an Oakland fan right now...

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 22, 2008, 12:36:10 PM

Those fans need to refuse to go to any more games.Al  is operantly dead but no one knows!

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 22, 2008, 12:45:59 PM

Notre Dame makes sense but then they have to buy out Weis and I heard his deal is by the pound. Ouch.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Young Kiffin gone?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools