Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Galloway is NOT our only receiving option « previous next »
Page: 1 2

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: September 22, 2008, 03:17:38 AM

I don't have the stats by position but 407 yards was put up by someone other than Joey G against a pretty decent defense. We have options. I seriously doubt Galloway would have done any better than Bryant did in this game. Stevens had a great start when you consider he wasn't allowed to practice with the team for the first two weeks. Ike Hilliard moved the chains and scored a TD. Michael Clayton kept some drives alive. Dunn did his part. Graham was a big factor in pass protection. Askew caught one or two I believe and had one drop. Stovall didn't do much and Jackson was less than impressive on STs. Dunn was our ground attack and added a pass or two. Smith and Gilmore were more involved in pass protection but Smith caught a couple as well.

We have some real weapons not named Joey Galloway. We have options. Four scoring drives and 407 yards is proof of that.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 22, 2008, 06:35:57 AM

My question is, how come we can't distrubute the ball with Galloway, Stevens, Clayton, and Bryant all in one game? The Broncos have no problem getting their top 10 WR, Brandon  Marshall the ball, and letting Eddie Royal get looks as well. Hell I even seen ol' washed up Brandon Stokley get involved to tear apart the Saints secondary.

I hope Chuck doesn't get too happy from this game, otherwise he might change his whole prospective of the offense.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 22, 2008, 07:11:45 AM

With Griese at QB, we apparently can. He took full advantage of the passing angles opened up by the Bears playing 8-9 guys on the LOS. We had way more open space for our WR's than we typically do. That's why they say "live by the blitz, die by the blitz" ;D

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 22, 2008, 07:23:56 AM

That was the real bright spot on O as far as I was concerned.

If we can keep teams from stacking the box like the Bears did all day Sunday, we'll be much more effective running the ball. Now teams ahve to worry about us airing it out on em too. At least a little bit.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 22, 2008, 07:52:46 AM

Galloway is ALWAYS the first option IMO.

I sure hope after yesterday, that's a thing of the past.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 22, 2008, 08:00:31 AM

We have some real weapons not named Joey Galloway. We have options.

ive been preaching this for a while.  and i think stovall makes those catches next week if given the opportunity.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#6 : September 22, 2008, 08:05:43 AM

Galloway is ALWAYS the first option IMO.

I sure hope after yesterday, that's a thing of the past.

I'm beginning to wonder if Galloway will ever play healthy this year. He really hasn't looked quite right in a long time.
We have some real weapons not named Joey Galloway. We have options.

ive been preaching this for a while.  and i think stovall makes those catches next week if given the opportunity.

Stovall has had more than enough time prove he belongs in the NFL. IMO, he hasn't. I believe this will be his last shot with the Bucs.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#7 : September 22, 2008, 08:08:21 AM

stovall has had about 10 balls thrown his way in 3 years.  on the TD drop he mentally missed it, wasnt expecting the ball to be thrown his way.  the guy has talent imo.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 22, 2008, 08:22:23 AM

I don't think Galloway should be the first option, it should rotate.

Mellow

Starter

#9 : September 22, 2008, 08:34:15 AM

This thread makes a good point, and here's another one: WR is an overrated position.  Yeah, I know everyone always clamors Bruce to go out and get the WR malcontent of the week (and there are always lots of choices), but once again: Brian Griese rang up 400+ yards against a very good Bears defense throwing to WRs of Michael Clayton and Antonio Bryant.  Give a decent QB lots of time and he'll find someone to throw to, and that someone will catch the ball.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 22, 2008, 08:37:00 AM

This thread makes a good point, and here's another one: WR is an overrated position.  Yeah, I know everyone always clamors Bruce to go out and get the WR malcontent of the week (and there are always lots of choices), but once again: Brian Griese rang up 400+ yards against a very good Bears defense throwing to WRs of Michael Clayton and Antonio Bryant.  Give a decent QB lots of time and he'll find someone to throw to, and that someone will catch the ball.

Until you reach the playoffs and are shut out because you lack talent at WR (eg Philly).

#11 : September 22, 2008, 08:48:32 AM

the title of this post should be "Galloway is NOT a receiving option".       

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#12 : September 22, 2008, 09:33:41 AM

stovall has had about 10 balls thrown his way in 3 years.  on the TD drop he mentally missed it, wasnt expecting the ball to be thrown his way.  the guy has talent imo.

If he could catch two in a row without fumbling, he might get more thrown his way.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#13 : September 22, 2008, 10:04:25 AM

wasnt that his first career fumble?

#14 : September 22, 2008, 10:06:09 AM

the writing was on the wall when Galloway left the Giants Playoff game last year with 3 minutes left on the clock.    He just quit and went to the locker room.  the guy doesnt practice.   he has an entire off-season to prepare for the next season, and he's HURT before training camp even starts?   What is that?   
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Galloway is NOT our only receiving option « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools