Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: About Garcia... « previous next »
Page: 1

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

: December 31, 2006, 02:01:10 PM

If you are looking for a backup The Rat is about what you get in this league for a veteran backup.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 31, 2006, 01:59:24 PM

After seeing Rattay play and seeing the offense, what could Garcia do better than Rattay? Garcia is 37 years old, has proven to be a bad QB on 2 different teams (one under his old coach Mariucci). We just signed Simms to a 2 year deal, his last "hoorah". Just save the money and resign Rattay, why not? Rattay has shown he can be a very good vet backup. Bringing in Garcia is going to cost us much more money and he is only going to be here a couple years tops. I don't know why the infatuation with Garcia all of a sudden. Have you people forgotten his past 2 stints in Detroit and Cleveland? He will be dealing with Similar personnel here, we are rebuilding and do not have the players that the Eagles have.

I am watching this game and I see Rattay continuously move the ball. What more can Garcia do besides cost us about 8 million in gauranteed money? Keep Rattay, save the money and spend what you would spend on Garcia on some young talented defenders (Briggs, Clements, Jenkins, Thomas, Freeney...ect.). Bringing in Garcia for what, to just have a vet, we have one in Rattay.

Baghead #2

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 31, 2006, 05:34:33 PM

Saw Feeley playing in Philly game. Is Garcia hurt?

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

#3 : December 31, 2006, 05:42:39 PM

^
Probably just resting their starters now that they wrapped up the NFC East.

T

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 31, 2006, 05:46:49 PM

Forget Garcia, he played so well mainly because of the Offensive line and he has lots of talent around him. Bucs offensive line is crap compared to the Eagirls line.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 31, 2006, 05:50:52 PM

is jake plumer better then RAT

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#6 : January 01, 2007, 01:14:10 AM

NO!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 01, 2007, 11:57:47 AM

After watching Feeley absolutely dominate the Falcons yesterday, I'm beginning to agree that Garcia's success was helped out quite a bit by total team talent.  Feeley had a 61.7 QB rating as a starter for the Dolphins, and lit up the Falcons yesterday for a 122.9 rating (66.%, 342 yds, 3 TDs, 0 INTs).  I'd be really nervous that some of the shine would come off of Garcia after we pay him a nice contract, then he lays an egg behind our lesser offensive supporting cast.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 01, 2007, 12:13:01 PM

Don't forget though that Garcia was elected to multiple pro bowls. Don't really remember seeing Rattay in Hawaii except maybe on vacation or working backstage at the Don Ho show.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 01, 2007, 12:17:24 PM

I forget who said it yesterday but one of the announcers/so called experts, said that we shouldn't be surprised if
there isn't a huge demand for Garcia in the off season because of his age and his tendency to break down towards
the end of the season. I hope he is right and I hope we can snag Garcia for cheap as a back-up and possible
starter is Simms lays an egg.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#10 : January 01, 2007, 12:34:56 PM

Garcia is not going to want to be a backup after this season. He is better than anything we have, and he is much better that anything we have in the system we are running. If Gruden wants to change the offense completely and go with Simms that is fine by me, but you think he is going to do that?

We may as well go with Garcia. The guy is a winner. Can you really blame him for not winning on Cleveland and Detroit? We are not that type of team, we were bad this season, they are perennially bad.

watson

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 01, 2007, 12:39:30 PM

After watching Feeley absolutely dominate the Falcons yesterday, I'm beginning to agree that Garcia's success was helped out quite a bit by total team talent. Feeley had a 61.7 QB rating as a starter for the Dolphins, and lit up the Falcons yesterday for a 122.9 rating (66.%, 342 yds, 3 TDs, 0 INTs). I'd be really nervous that some of the shine would come off of Garcia after we pay him a nice contract, then he lays an egg behind our lesser offensive supporting cast.
Brad,
The thing that might also be a factor is Feeley was brought into the league in the WCO that Philly runs.  I don't think that was the case in Miami so he was not a good fit for their offense versus what his pro coaching had been. 

I wonder if Feeley is under contract to the Eagles in 07 and if not, would he be a possible option with the Bucs?

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

dukebuc

Practice Squad

#12 : January 01, 2007, 01:25:38 PM

Why would Bucs want Garcia...let alone Feeley? 

Garcia is 137 years old and Feeley is a never-was.

It was/is the strength of Philly's O-line that has allowed either one to come in and flourish there.

Both would be crushed, if not killed, playing behind our O-line.

You want someone to come in and push Simms, fine, lets find him.  But it's not Garcia, and it sure as hell ain't Feeley.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#13 : January 01, 2007, 01:39:08 PM

LOL Feeley, Garcia....People we don't have Phillys O-LINE, did you happen to notice how Garcia looked like CRAP in Detroit.... Feeley.... is a joke.
What about McMahon didn't he have a good game once for Detroit, everytime any no name QB has a good game so many stupid people on here think he will be the next Scott Mitchell, oh wait that would be a bad thing right?
At least Tampa used to be a back-up QB kind of town, we always wanted OUR back-up QB..Now we want other teams back-ups and even 3rd stringers.... Mcnabb, Vicks etc. etc. Don't you people know anything? we don't take other peoples players and make them better, other teams take our QB's and win Super Bowls....
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: About Garcia... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools