Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: STEVENS GAME TYING "TOUCHDOWN" CATCH was a DROP! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

#30 : September 23, 2008, 10:11:25 PM

attention whore!!!

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 23, 2008, 10:11:33 PM

who woulda thought that the person smarter then all the bears coaching and all the people in the booth would be right here on the pewter forum..

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 23, 2008, 10:14:34 PM

On a play of that magnitude if there was even the SLIGHTEST doubt.

The booth would have reviewed it.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 23, 2008, 10:19:51 PM

Hey, I thought the same thing earlier today. Maybe I'm wrong. Doesn't matter now.
I see what Boid said about his knee being down.

But to label a thread Holy Rat Piss and use all caps?

It's as if he was happy to find this and wants to call the league to see if they'll take the TD away so
he can gloat about how bad our team is.

Not a fan. Sad to see.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 23, 2008, 10:20:55 PM

He maintained control, he was dropped to his knee, and he he fell down, and flipped the ball.  It is not comparable to Edell Shep vs. The Redskins.  Shep fell down, hit the ground andlost control after he hit the ground.

Stevens hit the ground with his knee, and at that point, he was down and in control.

You're wrong...on nearly EVERY point.
1. MAINTAIN CONTROL is defined by what happens AFTER you hit the ground, not BEFORE you hit the ground.
2. Sheppard hit knee first, too.
3. He WASN'T flipping the ball. His hand would have to move AWAY from him for that to be the case. He was losing control of the ball and was trying to keep it next to his body/shoulder.
4. On a TD catch (in the endzone), the player MUST maintain control of the ball and not lose it at the end.

Enhanced Cranston Logo - \"Alan Cranston-- You\'ve Just Been Warholled!\"

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#35 : September 23, 2008, 10:20:58 PM

Therapy fella.... lots of therapy.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#36 : September 23, 2008, 10:24:54 PM

He maintained control, he was dropped to his knee, and he he fell down, and flipped the ball.  It is not comparable to Edell Shep vs. The Redskins.  Shep fell down, hit the ground andlost control after he hit the ground.

Stevens hit the ground with his knee, and at that point, he was down and in control.

You're wrong...on nearly EVERY point.
1. MAINTAIN CONTROL is defined by what happens AFTER you hit the ground, not BEFORE you hit the ground.
2. Sheppard hit knee first, too.
3. He WASN'T flipping the ball. His hand would have to move AWAY from him for that to be the case. He was losing control of the ball and was trying to keep it next to his body/shoulder.
4. On a TD catch (in the endzone), the player MUST maintain control of the ball and not lose it at the end.
Where did he lose it?

He lost it after he flipped it.

He never lost control once he established it.

The point with Shep was did he EVER have control?  He caught the ball sailing, and landed and the ground bobbled the ball loose.

THE GROUND.

Stevens had control, and his knee dragged, and THEN he fell and flipped it.

What is your point in this dude?

Seriously?

The team came back and won it. 

First you start a thread saying you are "embarrassed" to be a Buc fan.  They got away with one because of one excuse.  And then you rag Gruden and the offense for generating 400 in Chicago thru the sky.  And now this?

You are a buffoon.

Go root for another team.  Jacksonville is not that far away from you, right?  Go root for them loser.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#37 : September 23, 2008, 10:25:34 PM

who cares. Go hop in your DeLorean and change the call on the field. lol The game is over, and its a buc win whether you like it or not.

The Q

Pro Bowler

#38 : September 23, 2008, 10:28:53 PM

TOUCHDOWN BUCS....great catch Stevens....just a great catch! BUCS WIN.....BUCS WIN!

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#39 : September 23, 2008, 10:34:51 PM

lol...yes lots of therapy my friend.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 23, 2008, 10:35:36 PM

Again, Boid, you're wrong...on nearly EVERY point.

2. Sheppard hit knee first, too. Sheppard tooks 1 1/2 -2 steps and was falling/getting tackled, hit the ground knee first, and then lost the ball after his torso hit the ground.

4. On a TD catch (in the endzone), the player MUST maintain control of the ball and not lose it at the end. He's got to come up with the ball still in his control.

Enhanced Cranston Logo - \"Alan Cranston-- You\'ve Just Been Warholled!\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#41 : September 23, 2008, 10:37:31 PM

Again, Boid, you're wrong...on nearly EVERY point.

2. Sheppard hit knee first, too. Sheppard tooks 1 1/2 -2 steps and was falling/getting tackled, hit the ground knee first, and then lost the ball after his torso hit the ground.

4. On a TD catch (in the endzone), the player MUST maintain control of the ball and not lose it at the end. He's got to come up with the ball still in his control.

YOU are wrong.

Trust me.  I have the game DVR'd.  I have slo-mo.  And you are wrong.

Stop hating, and go to the Jags site.  HAVE FUN!

deftbuc

Rookie
#42 : September 23, 2008, 10:41:16 PM

Why are you even a Bucs fan? Every post you have is anti-Bucs and they have no substance to them. They don't provide any legit criticism at all. I have yet to read you say anything good about the team. Do you atleast like the team logo? I wouldn't be surprised if you **CENSORED**ed about that too. Do you just sit at your keyboard all day to think up another ass backwards thing to say? Or do they just come to you naturally? Just saying grow a personality, pal.  

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 23, 2008, 10:43:07 PM

My favorite line from a Bears board...

"It's scary how well Griese can command the field & march on down with his no-huddle! Worked against Philly last year, and now it worked against us!"

#44 : September 23, 2008, 10:43:16 PM

Trust me deftbuc, he has many "relatives" running around the forum.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: STEVENS GAME TYING "TOUCHDOWN" CATCH was a DROP! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools