Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: STEVENS GAME TYING "TOUCHDOWN" CATCH was a DROP! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#75 : September 24, 2008, 09:11:37 PM

This dude here ain't "The Chronic", I dont think I have seen Jawbreaker say anything about the Stevens touchdown being a non-catch.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#76 : September 24, 2008, 09:32:17 PM

Exactly SR.

When a reciever catches a TD he doesn' t have to cling to that ball for the rest of the game.

knee down with possession is all that matters.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#77 : September 24, 2008, 09:34:04 PM

Bucs Bowl

Starter

#78 : September 24, 2008, 09:40:04 PM

SR/JF just a question!!!! Is there a nuisance ban in effect here... I think it is truly warranted for CHA.. It is beyond ridiculous at this point and just turns the boards into a public pissing match....

just food for thought!!!

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

#79 : September 24, 2008, 09:47:17 PM

I thought the same thing when I was watching it haha....Edell was the first thing that popped into my head (after NO WAY WE JUST SCORED of course)

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#80 : September 24, 2008, 09:59:11 PM

sure looks like a catch too me

LOL!   If anyone thinks there's a debate about that TD, they don't know football.   That picture of Edell Shepherd doesn't show he has control yet and his knee is not on the ground.   Stevens clearly has control of that ball and his knee is squarely on the ground.   The play is over - TD.   

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#81 : September 24, 2008, 10:04:38 PM

SR/JF just a question!!!! Is there a nuisance ban in effect here... I think it is truly warranted for CHA.. It is beyond ridiculous at this point and just turns the boards into a public pissing match....

just food for thought!!!

I'm fairly certain that there is no rule prohibiting you or anyone else from ignoring the thread.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#82 : September 24, 2008, 10:05:30 PM

Just delete it
Just delete it
You want attention kuz you cant get it at home
You make up silly threads must hurt to be alone
You claimin this and that
But your sh!t is kinda wack
So delete it
Just delete it

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#83 : September 24, 2008, 10:14:57 PM

JavaBuc,

You're in for a Rude Awakening...

1:41 into the video
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=28847&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&season=2005&seasonType=POST&week=18

See if Edell is is in the exact same "pose" as Stevens before his torso hits the ground?
BTW, basing your decision on 'snapshots' is laughable.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...

Bucs Bowl

Starter

#84 : September 24, 2008, 10:23:40 PM

just food for thought!!!

I'm fairly certain that there is no rule prohibiting you or anyone else from ignoring the thread.

Sorry gotta disagree... Even nuts are Baker acted in public... Give him time to cool off with all this crap... Opinions are fine but this is getting crazy...

Agree to disagree..

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#85 : September 25, 2008, 02:19:44 AM

kevinmills

Second String

#86 : September 25, 2008, 02:49:49 AM

Stevens holds on to the ball about .4 seconds longer. Sheppard's ball came lose as he hit. Stevens came after he hit and rolled. It's possession.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: STEVENS GAME TYING "TOUCHDOWN" CATCH was a DROP! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools