Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Holmgren on this sundays game vs. Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 2

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#15 : December 30, 2006, 02:11:55 AM

2003   7-9

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 30, 2006, 02:16:09 AM

It won't matter if we win or lose or even if we got first pick by some miracle.....no one isi going to like our first three picks no matter who they are so why even think about it!!!!! [banghead]

You are right since everyone on this board has jumped on the Draft Joe Thomas bandwagon. And I don't see Gruden drafting another OL in the first round. Especially since he knows he needs the team to show almost immediate improvement to keep his job.

So there will be some angry people in here on draft day when the Bucs choose Calvin Johnson, one of the QBs, or we trade away the pick.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 30, 2006, 10:07:50 AM

You are right since everyone on this board has jumped on the Draft Joe Thomas bandwagon. And I don't see Gruden drafting another OL in the first round. Especially since he knows he needs the team to show almost immediate improvement to keep his job.

So there will be some angry people in here on draft day when the Bucs choose Calvin Johnson, one of the QBs, or we trade away the pick.

So you theory is that QB or WR get you faster returns than OL? Dude, you haven't been keeping up on current events. Name me the impact WR from this year's draft - ok, the lost starts and ends with a 7th round pick in NOLA. Now, name me all the OL playing right now?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 30, 2006, 02:42:53 PM

So you theory is that QB or WR get you faster returns than OL? Dude, you haven't been keeping up on current events. Name me the impact WR from this year's draft - ok, the lost starts and ends with a 7th round pick in NOLA. Now, name me all the OL playing right now?

Name an impact OL that we've drafted? None! Kenyetta was extremely overrated. And Davin Joseph hasn't done much this year except get hurt. I'm done putting up with drafting OLs in the first round of the draft only for them to sit on the bench with injuries or pull a dozen flags.
I am not willing to support another 1st round selection for OL.

OL is not our biggest need. Our defense is old and getting slower. We need WRs, and we have a QB problem. And you want to draft another OL on an already very young line??? What the hell is this thinking coming from? Joe Thomas won't improve that line next year. Not a all. The ONLY way that line will improve is if everyone on that line steps it up a notch. Having one good Tackle does nothing in this league. Defenses know exactly how to counter that. The only way it works is if the entire line gels and works together. And that hasn't happened in Tampa Bay in over a decade.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 30, 2006, 02:46:32 PM

The only way it works is if the entire line gels and works together. And that hasn't happened in Tampa Bay in over a decade.

Actually, we've never had a really good offense line.  Ever.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 30, 2006, 09:26:01 PM

QB's and WR's are a huge risk/reward gamble and I just don't see why everyone is on Johnson's jock as the guy is a poor route runner, he has not even dominated in college and who says he is even declaring for the draft, let alone be available for us.  Some of you guys need to get a clue and get your heads out of your butts.  The glaring needs on this team are OL, DL and Safety so these are the positions we need to focus on.  Gaines Adams is by far the best DE prospect in the draft - if we can team him up with Simeon can you imagine how much pressure we could get on a QB?  I am not sold on Joe Thomas as I just do not trust anything Muir is involved with.  I am just amazed that all you guys are all over Calvin Johnson yet most of you have only seen highlights of him and not full games.  Calvin has a chance to be a very good pro but please guys this guy has a lot of work to do before he even sees the field and produces let alone dominates.  Plus why spend a high draft pick on a WR if we don't have QB's to throw him the ball?
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Holmgren on this sundays game vs. Bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools