Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My Boy J. Stevens is being investigated by the league for his "dance" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

sma2680

Practice Squad

: September 25, 2008, 06:40:47 PM

As much as I disagree with Ronde bear's opinions as far as the legal system and how it works in general and in the Stevens' cases, I do agree that a lot of posters have gone over the line in their characterization of the alleged victim.  The fact is, while there was seemingly not enough evidence to support and indictment against Stevens, there is also no evidence that this girl lied, or was out to get paid, or acted inappropriately at all.  Those comments are completely inappropriate.  It those types of reactions that makes many rape/sexual assault victims never seek help.  I don't think Stevens raped her based on the fact that the District Attorney's office didn't pursue an indictment (which is a fact that is indisputable and objectively verifiable, unlike many things in the Seattle newspaper article about the case), but all the stupid things many people assume in these types of cases, whether it be that the alleged victim is out to get paid, or that the defendant is guilty until proven innocent, does no one any good.  

#1 : September 25, 2008, 06:37:53 PM

You really don't understand the law at all do you?  You're just talking out your azz. 

Ive taken 3 years of Criminal Justice, I am by no means an expert but the fact is there wasnt enough evidence to take it to court. Some people seem to think that means he didnt do it.

ANything else I can do for you?

If there wasn't enough evidence to get an indictment, then yeah, he didn't do it.  Again, since you keep ignoring it, the rules are different for an indictment.  If what that reporter wrote was the absolute truth and nothing else was introduced, he would have been indicted, slam dunk.

You seriously need to stop watching old PI series and get a grip on reality.  Rape cases don't just go away by pulling a few strings.

#2 : September 25, 2008, 06:37:37 PM

btw my seats are sec 333 row DD at the end of the row, send stevens up if you gusy talk to him lol. I dont need to hide from anyone

New Port Richey?

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 25, 2008, 06:34:14 PM

btw my seats are sec 333 row DD at the end of the row, send stevens up if you gusy talk to him lol. I dont need to hide from anyone

WOW.

Ultimate wimp out if you ask me.

Glad we settled that you dont have the balls to bring your issue to Stevens personally.

That's what we figured. Dont claim to be so hellbent on proving the guy is a rapist and then act like a coward.

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler

#4 : September 25, 2008, 06:35:09 PM

Mike Hunsinger, a Seattle lawyer, represented at least 14 players on the University of Washington's 2000 football team. Hunsinger's hourly rate, when he charges that way, is $330.

But Hunsinger suspended his hourly rate — as he says he does for clients in all criminal cases — and fashioned a retainer to fit each player's case. "If I went to trial, it might be $2,000 or $3,000," he said.

"But I never went to trial with any of these guys."

Not bad for a guy who normally represents clients in civil cases.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

#5 : September 25, 2008, 06:30:57 PM

#6 : September 25, 2008, 06:27:08 PM

yes it must really sicken you to know that there are Bucs fans out there that are actually intelligent while you continue to grasp the basic law of innocent until proven guilty.

you talk a lot of trash on a message board.

I got a hundred dollar bill says you dont have the balls to confront Stevens in a restaurant or bar and call him a Rapist to his face.

lol, I'll match that hundred dollar bill

the only time I talk trash is when people take passionate stances about things they are wrong about. I dont care if you disagree with me, I have no problem with otehr peopels opinions. Buut if you want to stick your chest out and throw someone under the bus, or prop someone up when they dont deserve it then Im not afraid to say you are being an idiot.

I have no grudges with anyone on this site, and I can careless if I tick people off when I clal them out. I dont need to prove my manliness by telling you or Krazy that I would kick your azz, if thats what you are looking for. I have no problem with you guys anyway.

I think Ron Artest is a worthless human being. Am I not aloud to say that on here unless Im willing to say it to his face?

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 25, 2008, 06:26:13 PM

yes it must really sicken you to know that there are Bucs fans out there that are actually intelligent while you continue to grasp the basic law of innocent until proven guilty.

you talk a lot of trash on a message board.

I got a hundred dollar bill says you dont have the balls to confront Stevens in a restaurant or bar and call him a Rapist to his face.

I dont need to. Do people need to go call OJ a murderer to his face everyday to feel jutified believeing he is a murderer.

If you're gonna sit on a Bucs message board and dredge up an ACCUSATION of a Buccaneer player and then claim that you "felt provoked" because someone wrote "my boy",

Then yes you do need to.

Either be a man or shut up.

If you've got the balls to talk trash about this player and call him a rapist (an extremely strong word) and you're going to continue to fuel the talk radio fire with your MISunderstanding of the laws and how accusations work, then at least have the balls to go to the accused and tell him to his face what you think.

Even in court the accused is entitled to face his accuser.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 24, 2008, 11:17:14 PM

rapist

are you joking or no?

#9 : September 24, 2008, 11:13:49 PM

rapist

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 24, 2008, 11:15:06 PM

^ Got Proof? Neither did the court system.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#11 : September 24, 2008, 11:06:56 PM

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/nfl-looking-stevens-gesture

j dogg what were you thinking!?

inside joke?  for real?  the league wont have that!  dont you know its a dictatorship now!?

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#12 : September 24, 2008, 11:18:21 PM

i posted this before, ill post it again... a college kids point of view.

(for the people that never went)

lol....

man, i dont want to go back to the jerramy stevens "slanted article"  but some things of note i found interesting.... (that i can remember)

1. He bragged about raping a virgin.... do you really think anyone would brag about rape?  rape is not something you brag about.  the chick was drunk, wanted his stuff...  end of story.

2. she was found infront of her door...  why would he rape the girl and then bring her home?  she obviously was so drunk that she passed out before getting in the door.

3. He had given her a roofie....  lol really?  as we all know from the david boston story, the roofie drug stays in your system for 30 days.  she was tested and had no trace of the drug in her.  she was drunk.  she was horny.  point blank.

4. She said his DNA was on her.... Thats what happens.

5.  the article was slanted as if the writer was a friend of the girl, telling her story.  not telling his story.  just her story, and her friends story.  not a fair assesment of the situation.

6. The girl took money from the schools alumni funder people....  I've talked to a few girls about this... i asked them, that if they were raped, and had evidence to prove they were raped, would they take a bribe to not go forth with the trial.  they said no, it would have to be a couple million +.  if it wasnt, then that guy is going to jail, no doubt about it.

7. i cant remember/ too lazy to write the rest out.

8. this is the non-story.  Jerramy met this girl at a party, it was her first time getting drunk... she didnt know how to handle her drinking...  he thought she was hott, wanted to get with her, she thought he was good looking, wanted to get with him...  took a walk, next thing you know, bang bang.  jerramy notices she passes out, stops what hes doing, wakes her up. and brings her home where he kisses her goodnight after she said she is good as she fumbles to get her keys out.  she falls asleep infront of her door.  her friends see her and get her inside.  the next morning she is asked about her and jerramy last night, she quickly falls to the perfect line "he raped me"  and then is provoked into pressing charges.  she lied, and had to keep going along with it.  jerramy didnt want this happening, he knew what had happened, he told his friend he got the girl did.  bragging, like many of us do.  and she called rape the morn after.  the football funding people payed the girl off to keep quiet.  the girl got away good.  had a good night drinking.  got some.  called rape the next morn. and got some money.

BAM

#13 : September 24, 2008, 11:20:47 PM

^ Got Proof? Neither did the court system.

Innocent people dont pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to people they dont rape.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#14 : September 24, 2008, 11:21:09 PM

rapist
Prove it.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My Boy J. Stevens is being investigated by the league for his "dance" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools