Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My Boy J. Stevens is being investigated by the league for his "dance" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

#15 : September 24, 2008, 11:22:17 PM

btw I am a college student, and that post looks like it was written by a junior high student

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#16 : September 24, 2008, 11:23:56 PM

btw I am a college student, and that post looks like it was written by a junior high student

i go to FGCU.

7 to 1 girls to guys.

aka heaven.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#17 : September 24, 2008, 11:24:10 PM

^ Got Proof? Neither did the court system.

Innocent people dont pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to people they dont rape.

Really? You ever stop to think that a settlement wasn't brought to his attorney from the victim saying ohh well if he gives me x amount of dollars, I'll drop charges?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#18 : September 24, 2008, 11:24:29 PM

^ Got Proof? Neither did the court system.

Innocent people dont pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to people they dont rape.
Innocent people go to jail for crimes they do not commit.

And it is a small price to pay to avoid unfair litigation, if you ask me.  If she was really raped, do you think she would take 200 thou?  Is that enough to sell her "sense of peace"?

Too many dodgy elements in the girls story, and there was never any evidence to push forward and the girl knew it.  In all reality, she looks like a thief to me...

#19 : September 24, 2008, 11:26:06 PM

rapist
Prove it.

Prove he is innocent

It is beyond ridiculous to use "the courts decision" as an end all be all in a case involvin ga high profile athlete. Oj Simpson ring a bell? Are you guys that naive or do you just believe what ever the goon says as long as he scores touchdowns. I hope Stevens scores 10 TD and goe sto the pro bowl this year, as a Bucs fan. But as a human being how can you write his actions off so easily just because he's a decent football player? No reason to rehash this argument anymore really, its already been beaten to death. Those who want to believe he is innocent, for whatever reasons they have, will keep believing.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 24, 2008, 11:26:36 PM

rapist
Prove it.

Prove he is innocent

It is beyond ridiculous to use "the courts decision" as an end all be all in a case involvin ga high profile athlete. Oj Simpson ring a bell? Are you guys that naive or do you just believe what ever the goon says as long as he scores touchdowns. I hope Stevens scores 10 TD and goe sto the pro bowl this year, as a Bucs fan. But as a human being how can you write his actions off so easily just because he's a decent football player? No reason to rehash this argument anymore really, its already been beaten to death. Those who want to believe he is innocent, for whatever reasons they have, will keep believing.

oj didnt do it

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : September 24, 2008, 11:28:13 PM

rapist
Prove it.

Prove he is innocent

He is innocent by definition of the LAW.  THE LAW.

To call him a rapist is slander on your behalf, in all reality.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#22 : September 24, 2008, 11:28:33 PM

No one ever said we believe he is innocent. But obviously he wasn't proven guilty which makes him...you guessed it innocent. It's the old code in the judicial system, innocent until PROVEN guilty. That's all there is to it.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#23 : September 24, 2008, 11:30:29 PM

As for his actions as a human being, I could care less.  I am sure a TON of athletes we watch get away with all sorts of stuff...

The debates crack me up, because I care only about the Bucs winning.  That is all.  Nothing else.

What he does, is his business.  BUt on the field, he is my entertainment.

I do not bring up the "rapist" ideas, I just mention that he is a very very talented football player.

#24 : September 24, 2008, 11:30:43 PM

Really? You ever stop to think that a settlement wasn't brought to his attorney from the victim saying ohh well if he gives me x amount of dollars, I'll drop charges?

Who cares? I will repeat myself, why would ANYONE pay thousands of dollars to someone who they didnt rape? If some skeezie was claiming I raped her and I know I didnt, I would not let my name be tarnished by paying her money to shut her up, and more importantly I wouldnt let some deceitful, money hungry, gold digger take my money without a fight. Obviously Stevens willingness to roll over and settle in civil court is an admission of guilt.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#25 : September 24, 2008, 11:32:20 PM

rapist
Prove it.

Prove he is innocent

well, in essence, there is no right or wrong.  since there is no universal morality.  so he was right in doing whatever he wanted.

but as the government decides morality, he is innocent, because by law he was not proven guilty.  i love the usa, so i like innocent until being proven guilty.

maybe you dont like the US, or maybe you dont understand morals, but it is clear that there are no such things as a universal moral, and that man will never do wrong.

the government is the only form of morality standards.

as a philosopher once said "man will never do wrong"

i forgot who the philosopher was though.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#26 : September 24, 2008, 11:32:35 PM

Who cares? I will repeat myself, why would ANYONE pay thousands of dollars to someone who they didnt rape? If some skeezie was claiming I raped her and I know I didnt, I would not let my name be tarnished by paying her money to shut her up, and more importantly I wouldnt let some deceitful, money hungry, gold digger take my money without a fight. Obviously Stevens willingness to roll over and settle in civil court is an admission of guilt.
I repeat...if the girl was raped, why would she settle?

Is that amount of money enough to satiate her need for "peace of mind", and enough to bring her soalce in the face of having your personal space violated?

If so...she is a fool.  And cheap.

EDIT:  And merely an expensive prostitute.  She should have auctioned her junk off on E-bay.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#27 : September 24, 2008, 11:32:43 PM

Obviously Stevens willingness to roll over and settle in civil court is an admission of guilt.

no it's not

kmitchell

Starter

#28 : September 24, 2008, 11:33:34 PM

i posted this before, ill post it again... a college kids point of view.

(for the people that never went)

lol....

man, i dont want to go back to the jerramy stevens "slanted article"  but some things of note i found interesting.... (that i can remember)

1. He bragged about raping a virgin.... do you really think anyone would brag about rape?  rape is not something you brag about.  the chick was drunk, wanted his stuff...  end of story.

2. she was found infront of her door...  why would he rape the girl and then bring her home?  she obviously was so drunk that she passed out before getting in the door.

3. He had given her a roofie....  lol really?  as we all know from the david boston story, the roofie drug stays in your system for 30 days.  she was tested and had no trace of the drug in her.  she was drunk.  she was horny.  point blank.

4. She said his DNA was on her.... Thats what happens.

5.  the article was slanted as if the writer was a friend of the girl, telling her story.  not telling his story.  just her story, and her friends story.  not a fair assesment of the situation.

6. The girl took money from the schools alumni funder people....  I've talked to a few girls about this... i asked them, that if they were raped, and had evidence to prove they were raped, would they take a bribe to not go forth with the trial.  they said no, it would have to be a couple million +.  if it wasnt, then that guy is going to jail, no doubt about it.

7. i cant remember/ too lazy to write the rest out.

8. this is the non-story.  Jerramy met this girl at a party, it was her first time getting drunk... she didnt know how to handle her drinking...  he thought she was hott, wanted to get with her, she thought he was good looking, wanted to get with him...  took a walk, next thing you know, bang bang.  jerramy notices she passes out, stops what hes doing, wakes her up. and brings her home where he kisses her goodnight after she said she is good as she fumbles to get her keys out.  she falls asleep infront of her door.  her friends see her and get her inside.  the next morning she is asked about her and jerramy last night, she quickly falls to the perfect line "he raped me"  and then is provoked into pressing charges.  she lied, and had to keep going along with it.  jerramy didnt want this happening, he knew what had happened, he told his friend he got the girl did.  bragging, like many of us do.  and she called rape the morn after.  the football funding people payed the girl off to keep quiet.  the girl got away good.  had a good night drinking.  got some.  called rape the next morn. and got some money.

BAM

Post of the month, although I have not read into the case, that sounds like a very realistic explanation as to what happened. One of my lady friends was drunk and had sex with some guy she met that night, then the next morning she ends up calling all of her friends saying how she got raped and how traumatized she is.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#29 : September 24, 2008, 11:33:39 PM

maybe you didnt read it, he didnt give her money.  the big guys did.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My Boy J. Stevens is being investigated by the league for his "dance" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools