Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My Boy J. Stevens is being investigated by the league for his "dance" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

#30 : September 24, 2008, 11:34:32 PM

He is innocent by definition of the LAW.  THE LAW.

To call him a rapist is slander on your behalf, in all reality.

and throughout history teh law has proven to cater to the wealthy and famous. Again to be that ignorant, or to attempt to insult my intelligence in that way, makes this not worth discussing. If your bullet proof argument is that the law deemed him innocent, and that the law is without flaws, then you have already lost this argument, in all reality

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#31 : September 24, 2008, 11:35:48 PM

He is innocent by definition of the LAW.  THE LAW.

and throughout history teh law has proven to cater to the wealthy and famous. Again to be that ignorant, or to attempt to insult my intelligence in that way, makes this not worth discussing. If your bullet proof argument is that the law deemed him innocent, and that the law is without flaws, then you have already lost this argument, in all reality

wealthy and famous, j stevens was neither!  he was a TE on a football team.  IN COLLEGE!

not rich, not yet famous.  i wouldnt even call him famous now.

#32 : September 24, 2008, 11:36:06 PM

No one ever said we believe he is innocent. But obviously he wasn't proven guilty which makes him...you guessed it innocent. It's the old code in the judicial system, innocent until PROVEN guilty. That's all there is to it.

So let me get thsi straight, what you are saying is if OJ Simpson kills your mom or Jeremy Stevens rapes your wife then you are ok with it as long as they have enough money to prove their innocence in a court of law? OK just checking

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#33 : September 24, 2008, 11:37:16 PM

No one ever said we believe he is innocent. But obviously he wasn't proven guilty which makes him...you guessed it innocent. It's the old code in the judicial system, innocent until PROVEN guilty. That's all there is to it.

So let me get thsi straight, what you are saying is if OJ Simpson kills your mom or Jeremy Stevens rapes your wife then you are ok with it as long as they have enough money to prove their innocence in a court of law? OK just checking

if i know he did it, then i have evidence, therefore they would be found GUILTY.

#34 : September 24, 2008, 11:40:13 PM

I repeat...if the girl was raped, why would she settle?

Do you not understand how civil lawsuits work? The case was tried, and the charges were dropped. The only thing left to do is take him to civil court, in case you are unaware the entire point of civil court is to get money. Stevens could no longer be jailed, or punished by the court of law so the ONLY THING LEFT TO DO IS GET MONEY. Im not sure I understand your argument. What else do you think she could have got out of civil court?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#35 : September 24, 2008, 11:41:36 PM

He is innocent by definition of the LAW.  THE LAW.

Well you are the one who "knows" he is rapist.  Who is the one looking for a false edge in an argument that has more solid foundation in my corner, than yours?

Again, why would she settle for a mere few hundred thou in the face of having her peace of mind, her security stripped?  RAPED?  Why didn't Stevens go to jail?  The investigators who made public statements said there was not enough evidence to bring forth a credible charge of rape in this instance.  INVESTIGATORS!  Not an opinionated MB Buc fan, who feels that he is a rapist for no solid reason at all.  Sounds to me like the girl was drunk, slept with a famous athlete, and when she came to was so ashamed of her actions, and at such a young age, she panicked, made a rash decision to criminalize a human being at the risk of losing her public face...too many holes in this instance for me to be able to assume he is guilty beyond all reasonable.  And since trained and educated officials could not dig up enough, she took what she could out of the circumstance, and he avoided possibly having something absurd happen to him.  The public has sympathy for rape victims, and it can be assumed that he could be wrongfully jailed for a vast period of his adult life.  Since he did not pay out of his pocket, it seems a very sound choice, and she looks like a golddigging thief and a foolish girl concerned with her social schematics.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#36 : September 24, 2008, 11:43:24 PM

I repeat...if the girl was raped, why would she settle?

Do you not understand how civil lawsuits work? The case was tried, and the charges were dropped. The only thing left to do is take him to civil court, in case you are unaware the entire point of civil court is to get money. Stevens could no longer be jailed, or punished by the court of law so the ONLY THING LEFT TO DO IS GET MONEY. Im not sure I understand your argument. What else do you think she could have got out of civil court?

wasnt the criminal case dropped because he and she agreed to take it to civil.  because she didnt have evidence, j stevens wanted it out of the way of his career.  and she wanted money.  if i was raped and i was a woman, i would want that ****** to pay.  he would be in jail, i wouldnt have my hand out asking for money.  if i was lying about rape, i would ask for money.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 24, 2008, 11:45:08 PM

I'm not sure why J. Stevens would be your "boy".    I'm not sure why you are defending the guy either.   He's had enough black marks on his record to indicate he's little more than immature.   I'm not saying he's been proven guilty of rape or anything else, but the guy is probably the worst character player on the entire squad.   There are much better choices for your "boy" than that guy.

#38 : September 24, 2008, 11:45:59 PM

Post of the month, although I have not read into the case, that sounds like a very realistic explanation as to what happened.  

Are you kidding me? You havent read into any of the details of the case, and you dont have a clue a sto the actual happenings surrounding teh case, yet this is the post of the month  for you? The reason I didnt even respond to that post was because the facts arent even right. I have read all 10 pages (or however many it was cant remember) of the article and 'sarasota' flat out misreported the facts in his post of what he thinks mightve happened 7-8 yeras gao when he was a 11 years old. But since he is a college kid now and has been to a keg party or 2 he knows whether Stevens raped the girl or not?

I went to high school with plenty of guys that took advantage of girls at parties, so should that give me any insight into whether Stevens raped this girl or not? I mean this is ridiculous

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#39 : September 24, 2008, 11:46:12 PM

Civil case or not, she wanted something for her "trouble".

She is, in essence, a hooker.  Nothing more.

Stevens got his, she got hers, and life goes on.

He caught a nice TD, caused problems versus the Bears, and that is all I care about.

The man very might well be a Pro Bowl TE if he can keep up a solid pace.  I root for that.

I could care less if he commits fellatio on unsuspecting Goats wearing a tutu and a RondeBear jersey while flipping off the elderly passing by...

JUST MAKE THEM PLAYS!

And avoid jail, because that means you are not catching TD for my football team.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 24, 2008, 11:47:46 PM

It's all about what they do on the field.

I mean Ray Lewis killed a man

And I would have loved to have him on this team in his prime

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#41 : September 24, 2008, 11:48:40 PM

It's all about what they do on the field.

I mean Ray Lewis killed a man

And I would have loved to have him on this team in his prime
N ohe did not.

The guy who did it is in the clink right now.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#42 : September 24, 2008, 11:50:27 PM

so.....about the gesture and Bucs football....

No need to keep this debate going on the red board is there?  Make a thread in the cove and go at it.

When I saw the gesture I honestly didn't think he was trying to do what everyone claims...maybe he was.  But why?  What does that have to do with the game?  Maybe I'm missing something here.  Either way it was classless and unnecessary.  He was pumped to be back and to play so well and get in the endzone.  Ok fine but celebrate in the locker room with your team AFTER you win.  On the field show nothing but class and like someone said, "act like you've been there before"  I'll drink to him getting back to the endzone many more times this season.  

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#43 : September 24, 2008, 11:51:41 PM

Post of the month, although I have not read into the case, that sounds like a very realistic explanation as to what happened. 

Are you kidding me? You havent read into any of the details of the case, and you dont have a clue a sto the actual happenings surrounding teh case, yet this is the post of the month  for you? The reason I didnt even respond to that post was because the facts arent even right. I have read all 10 pages (or however many it was cant remember) of the article and 'sarasota' flat out misreported the facts in his post of what he thinks mightve happened 7-8 yeras gao when he was a 11 years old. But since he is a college kid now and has been to a keg party or 2 he knows whether Stevens raped the girl or not?

I went to high school with plenty of guys that took advantage of girls at parties, so should that give me any insight into whether Stevens raped this girl or not? I mean this is ridiculous

keg party or 2?  im in my 3rd year...  up that number by times 100 or so.  ive seen it happen plenty.  your the one that is the fool here.

Dominico

Starter

#44 : September 24, 2008, 11:51:51 PM

Maybe the gesture was in response to what Trueblood was talking about, maybe the Bears got "frisky" with everyone in the pile.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My Boy J. Stevens is being investigated by the league for his "dance" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools