Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Monte's eventual replacement? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#30 : September 25, 2008, 09:53:55 AM

Rod's D is gettin embarrased in Detroit.  He better start remembering some defense that he forgot.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 25, 2008, 09:56:47 AM

Rod's D is gettin embarrased in Detroit.  He better start remembering some defense that he forgot.

Dude if you know anything about these guys you'd know Rod ain't got the players to run the system properly in Detroit.  Say what you will but if Morris gets away, as I fully expect (not wishing for by any means), Rod needs to come back home.  Even if he's just the DL coach.  If for no other reason, hell he's the best DL coach in the league

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#32 : September 25, 2008, 10:02:22 AM

IMO, there's alot more to coaching than X's and O's.  Number 1 is being a motivator and gettin the most out of your guys.  Raheem is extremely good at this.  I'd love to have Rod back as a Dline coach, but would rather have Morris as a D coord. becasue of his motivational skills, he also knows how the interact with these young players alot better than some of the old school types.  Morris and Rod are totally different and it would be great to have both. 

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#33 : September 25, 2008, 10:05:12 AM

Here's an interesting scenario...Morris' contract finishes this year as far as I'm aware...let's say the only way we can keep him is by promoting him to DC because he's already got a DC offer somewhere else...do we sacrifice Kiffin for the younger, up-and-coming coach with a longer future or would we let Raheem go as a show of loyalty to Monte, effectively allowing him to retire from the Bucs on his own terms when he wants later on, even though we know that Monte's only got a few years of coaching left in him??

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 25, 2008, 10:07:58 AM

You obviously don't know the coaches...Rod is THE master motivator. Who do you think Raheem learned from?  We'd al like to have Morris because of obvious reasons.  He's young number one and he knows what the heck he's doing.  But the kid has higher aspirations.  He doesn't want to stop at DC.  DC will not be availible at the end of the season unless Monte is keeping his retirement a secret.  The kid deserves a shot and will get one this off season.  Rod is the next best choice to come home, hang till Monte wants to leave, then take over.  I'm preparing for the reality of Raheem leaving.  You guys are hoping he doesn't two different analytical view points...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 25, 2008, 11:15:30 AM

I don't even want to talk about it.

To quote a infamous Michigan fan, "Don't Jinx This!"

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#36 : September 25, 2008, 11:21:16 AM

by the time Monte Kiffin retires, Derrick Brooks would be retired and we could probably give him the position

MBF

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 25, 2008, 01:09:08 PM

Brooks doesn't strike me as coach material. Shelton Quarles on the otherhand might be worth trying out.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#38 : September 25, 2008, 03:30:42 PM

You gotta pay your dues first guys.  You just can't, normally, go from player to coordinator...

gharen

Pro Bowler

#39 : September 25, 2008, 03:57:27 PM

Chev, your exactly right. I didn't suggest Rod over Raheem because I don't like Raheem. I did it because in a couple years it won't matter because Raheem is on the fast track to a HC position. If I thought we could keep Raheem for 10 years as DC I'd say do it, but we can't. I wouldn't like it at all if Coyer was named DC, he didn't do that great in Denver as DC. One thing I didn't like hearing this morning from my brother in Pittsburgh is that Lebeau is considering retiring at the end of the season. I'm sure Mike Tomlins first call will be to Raheem to become DC.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 25, 2008, 05:31:05 PM

My thought exactly Gharen...

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Monte's eventual replacement? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools