Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wash unnoticed my some, but paying off in a big way « previous next »
Page: 1

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: September 24, 2008, 02:57:08 PM

An unsung hero the team has had three different defensive line coaches since the departure of Rod Marinelli to the Lions. Todd Wash a relatively unknown coach from North Dakota State has stepped in this season and through three games has gotten production out of the front four with 7 of the teams 8 sacks going to defensive lineman.

Under the guidance of Jethro Franklin in 2006 the team managed just a poultry 4 sacks during the first three games out of there defensive line. Th same exact number of sack the team managed in 2007 under the watchful eye of Larry Coyer. But Wash has gotten the most out of the front for in three games with a whopping 7 sacks. The more interesting thing is that he has done it largely without a superstar like Franklin had with Rice or even Coyer had with a more veteran group of down lineman.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

The Q

Pro Bowler

#1 : September 24, 2008, 03:11:35 PM

I don't much about Wash, but he getting the big boys on the DLine to play and produce. I like the rotation so far. I would like to see more of Sims and also Peterson in the rotation in the heat of the early season.

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 24, 2008, 03:38:19 PM

Wow.  I never heard of the guy.  Thank you for the info.  Need to look into that!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 24, 2008, 03:54:28 PM

Love the rotation and the play of the DL so far, good dig yucc.

richbucsfan

Starter

#4 : September 24, 2008, 04:02:50 PM

What happened to Coyer?

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 24, 2008, 04:04:54 PM

He was promoted and Wash was promoted in the off-season, Coyer is now the assistant head coach while Wash is the defensive line coach

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#6 : September 24, 2008, 04:17:52 PM

Under Wash the team is averaging 2.66 sacks per game through the first three weeks of the season and are on pace to reach 42.5 sacks for the season should he be able to get the same production through 16 games.

Oliver Goldsmith

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 24, 2008, 04:16:44 PM

With the big shakeup in Detroit.....who knows where Marinelli might end up?

bibfortuna

Second String
#8 : September 24, 2008, 04:25:52 PM

I'm sure Wash is better than Franklin and is doing a good job, but this is the year that we expected Adams, White (who started to play more as time went on last year) and Sims to come into their own. I'm going to wait until i see them put together a stretch of consistently good games.

#9 : September 24, 2008, 05:30:46 PM

An unsung hero the team has had three different defensive line coaches since the departure of Rod Marinelli to the Lions. Todd Wash a relatively unknown coach from North Dakota State has stepped in this season and through three games has gotten production out of the front four with 7 of the teams 8 sacks going to defensive lineman.

Under the guidance of Jethro Franklin in 2006 the team managed just a poultry 4 sacks during the first three games out of there defensive line. Th same exact number of sack the team managed in 2007 under the watchful eye of Larry Coyer. But Wash has gotten the most out of the front for in three games with a whopping 7 sacks. The more interesting thing is that he has done it largely without a superstar like Franklin had with Rice or even Coyer had with a more veteran group of down lineman.

Poultry?

Chicken?  Turkey?

Or did you mean paltry?

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 24, 2008, 07:25:15 PM

Poultry?

Chicken?  Turkey?

Or did you mean paltry?

I think he meant duck, 'doc. You quack me up.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wash unnoticed my some, but paying off in a big way « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools