Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade scenario « previous next »
Page: 1 2

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: September 25, 2008, 02:05:09 PM

OK here me out as wild as this may seem with Matt Millen getting his pink slip and the Lions setting close to the cap and needing to improve a horrid defense. The Bucs currently have Sabby waiting in the wings and in need of help at receiver. Phillips is 30 and looking for a huge contract after this season the same kind of situation the Lions are in with Williams but of course Williams is younger, Why not offer Phillps and Stovall plus a 4th for Williams?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 25, 2008, 02:06:31 PM

Bucs won't trade Flip as long as they believe they are in contention, IMO

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 25, 2008, 02:08:17 PM

While I understand with the Bucs being in contention they wont trade Phillips, it would still be a fair trade for both parties

kmitchell

Starter

#3 : September 25, 2008, 02:08:33 PM

I would be willing to give a 1st for Roy Williams. He has some of the best hands in the league, he has just been stuck with Kitna his career.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 25, 2008, 02:14:46 PM

i dont see a combo of galloway-bryant-williams working.  id include one of those guys instead of stovall.  and with sabbys injury past i dont see us leaving ourselves that thin in a secondary thats already been getting torched.  but it is intriguing.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 25, 2008, 02:17:15 PM

OK here me out as wild as this may seem with Matt Millen getting his pink slip and the Lions setting close to the cap and needing to improve a horrid defense. The Bucs currently have Sabby waiting in the wings and in need of help at receiver. Phillips is 30 and looking for a huge contract after this season the same kind of situation the Lions are in with Williams but of course Williams is younger, Why not offer Phillps and Stovall plus a 4th for Williams?

I would be ecstatic.

Phillips has regressed this year.  He's back to taking horrible angles, not wrapping up on tackles, and leaving his jock on the field along with his poor coverage skills.  Stovall looked awful on Sunday.

Again, I would love it, but I would be shocked if Detroit's new GM accepts that trade, or he might be their newest old GM.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#6 : September 25, 2008, 02:24:16 PM

I think your losing it Yucc
Now is a good time to attack them for their players, but I doubt they make any real changes this season, there going to use most of this year as evaluation.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 25, 2008, 02:33:00 PM

A first for Roy? That's horrible. Injury prone and inconsistent merits no more than a 2nd and a 5th.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 25, 2008, 02:52:52 PM

1.) Who says Flip is looking for or going to receive a huge contract?

2.) A big part of the Lions problem has been depending on 2nd and 3rd rate former Bucs. I have to think they'd stay away from any more.

3.) Roy has been reportedly looking for upwards of $25 million guaranteed. I don't think he's worth that.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#9 : September 25, 2008, 03:58:39 PM

I would be willing to give a 1st for Roy Williams. He has some of the best hands in the league, he has just been stuck with Kitna his career.

Wow, Im glad your not our GM.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#10 : September 25, 2008, 04:00:49 PM

Phillips and a 4th. Stovall is young, and if you haven't noticed, no young WR's do well in this garbage offense Gruden runs. Save Stovall for when Cowher comes in. I'm sure his OC would be able to develop our young WR's.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 25, 2008, 04:09:04 PM

I dont think the Bucs would want to get rid of Flip.  With the 3 S's we have now we are set.  If we trade Flip and Sappy or Tjac miss a game or two we are back to using Allen at S.  If the team believes Allen has turned the corner then maybe. 

If we get Williams I would trade a 3rd and Will Allen or a straight up 2nd.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 25, 2008, 05:04:04 PM

Roy Williams is garbage, I wouldn't trade McCown for him.  I'd rather have a draft pick.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 25, 2008, 05:10:22 PM

You have been reported for breaking Code: 788.743.489 - Please refrain from use of foolish postings

Please refer to Message Board Rules and Moderation

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#14 : September 26, 2008, 03:04:42 AM

1.) Who says Flip is looking for or going to receive a huge contract?

Michael Lewis.

2.) A big part of the Lions problem has been depending on 2nd and 3rd rate former Bucs. I have to think they'd stay away from any more.

Probably right. I'm sure the move would make tons more sense if Marinelli wasn't going to be under a new GM, who have been notorious for starting from scratch. His record doesn't help matters.

3.) Roy has been reportedly looking for upwards of $25 million guaranteed. I don't think he's worth that.

I wouldn't give him 25 mil, but you gotta pay for quality. 20, with the market how it is/is going to be, I don't think thats terrible.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade scenario « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools