Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How about Garrett Wolfe in the 3rd or 4th? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#15 : December 30, 2006, 09:45:37 PM

Funny how you mentioned Gruden wanting to bring Dunn back, Dunn is probably more than likely hitting FA, sooo why not bring him back now?
I don't think Dunn would accept possibly being the 2nd or 3rd RB, figuring that Pitt just restructed his deal last off-season, and Caddy is our franchise back.

You Got BUCd Up

Second String

#16 : December 30, 2006, 10:04:53 PM

Funny how you mentioned Gruden wanting to bring Dunn back, Dunn is probably more than likely hitting FA, sooo why not bring him back now?
I don't think Dunn would accept possibly being the 2nd or 3rd RB, figuring that Pitt just restructed his deal last off-season, and Caddy is our franchise back.
True, I was just hoping Dunn would come back and retire a BUC, as I do Lynch (which if I'm correct, his contract should be ending this year too) however, I am not certain.

"People make themselves out to be idiots... I'm just here to help them realize it."

Hallelujah holla back...

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 30, 2006, 10:52:34 PM

I know it's only a dream, but I would LOVE it if Garrett Wolfe came to the Bucs. As a Northern Illinois graduate, I certainly would be first in line to get a Wolfe Bucs jersey.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#18 : December 30, 2006, 11:58:12 PM

Why not just draft his clone in the 4th round?

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#19 : December 31, 2006, 05:13:31 AM

I would prefer Brian Leonard, but i wouldnt mind us taking Wolfe in the 7th, but i would rather see Tyrone moss, he is pretty big

I want them in this order

1.Brian Leonard
2.Tyrone Moss
3.Garrett Wolfe

hopefully the bucs get at least one

Huey Freeman

Starter

#20 : December 31, 2006, 05:17:40 AM

Darren Sproles fit the same mold.  He was a 4th rounder to San Diego.  It will come down to what kind of kick returner the teams think he will be. 

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#21 : December 31, 2006, 05:19:42 AM

does anybody know if there is a Devin Hester type player this year? i know they are rare but i really think the bucs will try to target one, break that curse to get a KR TD

#22 : December 31, 2006, 09:06:54 AM

I like the pick, just not sure for the the Bucs.  Pittman looks to have a few years left in the tank, especially considering that he's no even getting 100 touches/year anymore.  He's been fantastic on 3rd down.

I don't think Pittman gets enough credit for his contribution.  Such great hands.  Such a great route runner.  Sure, he's a notch or two below the complete backs like Westbrook, but to have a player like Pittman come in off the bench is great.

We probably need to be grooming a replacement, and Gruden likes to have multiple backs.  We probably need a true FB more than a 3rd down back, though.

This is one of those guys that I would not feel bad about using round 4 on...most of those picks at those rounds are "unsuccessful" any way.  I just would hope that we'd gravitate towards a bigger need first (OT, OC, DT, DE, SLB, S, CB, Speed WR...veteran QB).

Other than that, we're set.  ;)

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 31, 2006, 09:26:26 AM

Pittman will be around for a while as well as Graham and Carnell.  So there isn't much room left to be honest.  Lionel Gates seems to be the latest project they are working on.  It will be interesting to see if he plays today.

Wolfe in the 4th/5th round is not a bad option though.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#24 : December 31, 2006, 03:46:01 PM

i wouldnt want to spend anything higher than a 3rd on a RB/FB type player, unless its brian leonard, the first 2 rounds should all be defense or key contributor type players, not a 3rd down back

#25 : December 31, 2006, 03:48:04 PM

Personally Id rather take Lorenzo Booker at the end of the 2nd, but then again Im aa FSU homer. I think Lorenzo Booker will be a better pro than Leon Washington, which would give us a damn good 3rd down RB and maybe more.
2nd round? Wow you are a homer.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#26 : December 31, 2006, 03:48:33 PM

Here is a couple fo Wolfe videos.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 31, 2006, 03:52:17 PM

Wolf has avg'd less than 4 yard per carry the past 6 games or some stat, against little competition. He is projected to go in rounds 5 thru 7 but more likely 6-7.

Baghead #2

#28 : December 31, 2006, 04:36:38 PM

You dont think he could go 2nd round? He was the better RB at FSU out of him and Leon Washington. Everyone knows that FSUs running game has been bad the past couple years not because of the talent at RB. Leo nWashington was a 5th round pick and is proving this to people in the NFL, as will Lorenzo Booker. Now if you tell me you dont want a RB before the 3rd round thats cool, but with as many people who want Brian Leonard in the 2nd round why not Lorenzo Booker?

#29 : December 31, 2006, 04:39:08 PM

You dont think he could go 2nd round? He was the better RB at FSU out of him and Leon Washington. Everyone knows that FSUs running game has been bad the past couple years not because of the talent at RB. Leo nWashington was a 5th round pick and is proving this to people in the NFL, as will Lorenzo Booker. Now if you tell me you dont want a RB before the 3rd round thats cool, but with as many people who want Brian Leonard in the 2nd round why not Lorenzo Booker?
I just don't think Booker is good enough to justify being picked in R2. He might sneak into Day 1 if he has a good combine/workouts though.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How about Garrett Wolfe in the 3rd or 4th? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools