Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden and Griese are 7-1..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: September 26, 2008, 09:16:38 AM

....in their last 8 starts together. That's fine but I still want to see Luke McCown in action this year. He has better mobility, a stronger arm, and I believe he will be more accurate than Griese. I'm not saying he should take over as starter, just some situational game time.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 26, 2008, 09:22:15 AM

Unless they are up by 21 you aren't going to see Luke "no clock" McCown.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#2 : September 26, 2008, 09:28:34 AM

"We're 7-1 with Griese, but I'd like to see what McCown can do"

one loss isn't good enough for you? lol

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 26, 2008, 09:29:06 AM

Every time I hear the word clock I think of Flavor Flav...Maybe we can make McCown wear one of these when he plays?

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 26, 2008, 09:33:13 AM

Every time I hear the word clock I think of Flavor Flav...Maybe we can make McCown wear one of these when he plays?

THAT is funny......and quick.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 26, 2008, 09:40:19 AM

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 26, 2008, 09:54:55 AM

LOL, as long as it has a loud alarm after 2.5 seconds so Luke knows to get rid of the pill

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 26, 2008, 10:08:44 AM

Sounds like a marriage made in heaven... Could we soon hear wedding bells for our resident coach & "QB bachelor"?

#8 : September 26, 2008, 10:26:59 AM

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b1fcd7

Hadn't seen this one before...   

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 26, 2008, 10:33:29 AM

Interesting.

#10 : September 26, 2008, 10:39:23 AM

It certainly puts a different 'flavor' to how Gruden and his QB's communicate.

Chris Simms...   wow.  Dude got payed millions for that?

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 26, 2008, 11:13:23 AM

Thanks, FDCN, that was great!
    Now we know why Garcia didn't get the big $$$, huh? If our blockers can keep opponents off Griese and he can avoid those untimely pick-6's, we'll be fine.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 26, 2008, 11:19:05 AM

can we all just s t f u about mccown? god, we're winning, what else do you want?

Madman

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 26, 2008, 11:32:54 AM

Nice vid. I'm all for Griese the rest of the way.

What is the fascination with McCown? Just don't see it. Reminds me of the Rob Johnson love. Guy is an athlete but he doesn't have the quick mind you need.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 26, 2008, 11:44:17 AM

....in their last 8 starts together. That's fine but I still want to see Luke McCown in action this year. He has better mobility, a stronger arm, and I believe he will be more accurate than Griese. I'm not saying he should take over as starter, just some situational game time.

We don't need mobility on QB if our line holds. I dunno about "more accurate than BG" either. You do realize that throwing 60 + passes, is like playing 2 1/4 games and throwing only three ints. Thats only one per game (1.3, whatever), and I can sure live with that. The ONLY person more accurate than BG is JG, and well.. things aren't going so well there.

Now, IF you would've said that the FIRST game this season, I would've argeed with you (along with JG's "pains")....He may actually be the Ant's achilles heel, but then again, they didn't have a whole lot of plays to view on him before. It's hard to say, But I get the feeling that the Saints defense is soft when it comes to "mobile" QB's. But with our Oline dominating, we don't need all that hullabaloo.

Some of the things you DON'T hear from espn...

Montana had a GREAT oline. (except in KC)
Favre had a good Oline in GB, BUT didn't when he was with the Fail-cons, and doesn't with the Jets.
Steve Young had the benifits from Montana's golden years, and had a great line as well.
Tom Brady is probably the most over rated QB ever, all because a "swol-up, superhuman" Oline got him there. (hardly ever gets sacked, ever)
Steven Jackson from the Rams sucks, BECAUSE the Oline there does.
Trent green has been put in front of bad,bad,bad Olines yearly, and has gotten knocked-the ---- out yearly for his troubles. (expect that to happen soon in KC)
The Browns & Cleveland will never be contenders, when they're QB's are lying on they're backs.

Mostly, what I'm getting at is that almost EVERYTHING is regulated by the Linesmen on both sides. It dictates the whole playbook. If they're playing a blitz heavy defense, that happens to be stronger than our oline, the playbook will be changed. If we overpower them, the playbook gets opened up a bit more. It's pretty simple really. It's most likely why we stopped attempting the run last week in Chi-town.

Brian G: "Let's throw the F***!^& ball!"       ...awesome.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden and Griese are 7-1..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools