Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden and Griese are 7-1..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 26, 2008, 12:26:55 PM

so even tho we are winning with Gruden and Griese...you want to go to McCown?  Why?

It's not like McCown is the future, the dude is 27 years old.  He would be just another stop gap.

#16 : September 26, 2008, 12:32:43 PM

I vote we rename McCown - McClock (until he get's his timing right...)

(Ok - little bored today...)

#17 : September 26, 2008, 12:35:19 PM

so even tho we are winning with Gruden and Griese...you want to go to McCown?  Why?

It's not like McCown is the future, the dude is 27 years old.  He would be just another stop gap.

10 years is not a stop-gap Carmella.  1 year is.  Did you guys sell your house yet?

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 26, 2008, 12:40:30 PM

10 years is not a stop-gap Carmella. 1 year is. Did you guys sell your house yet?

10 years?  So you think McCown will play to 37?  Not every QB plays to that age.  Would you be shocked if McCown wasn't resigned this off-season?  So why waste the time on him. We will keep Griese, Josh Johnson next year and most likely add another vet to compete with Griese or at least back him up.  Heck, maybe even draft a QB, but I dont see them having 2 inexperienced QBs behind Griese.

Also, due to Jeff not getting that bonus last year we had to go into foreclosure

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 26, 2008, 12:42:51 PM

Lets hope JC does not see this thread.  He might have a stroke.

That video was funny.

IT got me pumped also.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 26, 2008, 01:28:27 PM

I'm fine with Griese as the starter, and with McCown and Johnson backing him up. It would be a good thing to give McCown some game experience to build on the THREE (count them) THREE 3 starts that he has had with this team, in the right situation, just in case he might be needed later on. Griese will not be here for ten years. McCown might. Gruden has him as the #2 QB for a reason. Play him late in a game that has already been decided. He has the skills and he has the talent and he's several years younger than Rich Gannon was when Gruden had success with him.

We damn sure don't want Garcia back out there.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 26, 2008, 01:36:59 PM

McCown wont be here next year, let alone the next 10...

also Garcia is arguably our best QB....if you want to give Griese that spot, then Garcia is at the very least 2nd best....

get a grip..."damn sure dont want Garcia back out there"...pfft you wont be saying that after another 3 INT Griese performance if we dont come out on top....

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#22 : September 26, 2008, 01:39:04 PM

As long as we are winnin with griese at qb why change it? Until we start seein the Griese from chicago, he will be the starter here. Plus McCown said he wants to stay here.

#23 : September 26, 2008, 02:16:39 PM

McCown wont be here next year, let alone the next 10...

also Garcia is arguably our best QB....if you want to give Griese that spot, then Garcia is at the very least 2nd best....

get a grip..."damn sure dont want Garcia back out there"...pfft you wont be saying that after another 3 INT Griese performance if we dont come out on top....

If Griese falters I'd like McCown out there.  I never want to see Garcia on the field again.  It's over for him, he's deader'n disco.

And I love how you all riding the jock of a 38 year old QB but but consider a 27 year old a "stop gap".  I think your infatuation has robbed you of all sense...

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#24 : September 26, 2008, 02:38:16 PM

Garcia sux and he wont play another down for us. Hes not gonna play his heart out for this team again, so why put the ball in his hand. Meanwhile Griese and McCown do have something to play for here. They want to be full time starters here. Even if Griese continues to play well, I think McCown wants to stay here because he knows the sytem and prolly has a better chance clicking here than anywhere else. I think he knows the longer he is here, the more he will know what to do when he does go on the field. Then he can do what this offense wants to accomplish.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 26, 2008, 02:40:38 PM

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b1fcd7

Hadn't seen this one before...

That video was very telling of Gruden needing a QB that fits his personality...great piece...

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#26 : September 26, 2008, 03:23:50 PM

a 27 year old stopgap?  ha.  worst case scenario at that age is 5-6 years.  and thats no stopgap.

i wont argue having griese at QB, we are winning games and thats all that matters.  but the team is not above constructive criticism, especially on a MB.  i still think we are winning despite griese, not because of him.  25th in ypa, 25th in completion%, 25 in passer rating.  even with those numbers, he easily could be our best option.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

The Q

Pro Bowler

#27 : September 26, 2008, 03:34:11 PM

As long as Griese is winning, there will be no change at QB.
I will repeat that: AS LONG AS THE BUCS WIN, GRIESE STAYS AT QB.
It's pretty simple, win and play. Garcia is waiting in the wings. Luke is waiting in the wings. It's all good. Just win!

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 26, 2008, 04:44:35 PM

Griese all the way.............give Luke mop up duty for experience.

kevinmills

Second String

#29 : September 26, 2008, 05:05:43 PM

It's funny how perceptions get exaggerated over time. People keep digging on McCown's internal clock. You would think he was getting sacked out there every play and was a hot mess. And Rob Johnson? RJ never moved the team down field like McCown has in his limited time and wasnt nearly as accurate.

McCown did make some bone headed plays last year I'll admit. At the same time he hadnt started but a handful of games in his young career. Growing pains are to be expected with any young QB.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden and Griese are 7-1..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools