Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who would be your WR acquisition? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

: September 27, 2008, 10:06:15 AM

There has been much speculation and multiple threads on WRs that may become available as the trade deadline approaches. We all have opinions on who we think the Bucs should pursue so i figured one thread where all of our opinions could be heard was in order.

Being that our offense is built around the short to intermediate pass, the guy i feel would be the best fit is.............

** drumroll **

T.J. Houshmandzadeh

Dude has good size, great hands, and makes "ish" happen after the catch. His age, and the fact that Torry Holt may soon be available, could cause me to sway my thinkin but today, TJ would be my guy.

What say you?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 27, 2008, 10:11:40 AM

TJ is a baller for sure, tough match-up for any CB.

Holt would be my choice

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 27, 2008, 10:32:39 AM

Lee Evans. Followed closely by Anquan Boldin. Preferrably both.

#3 : September 27, 2008, 10:35:14 AM

Holt. I dont think there has been a more consistent WR in the NFL right now.

#4 : September 27, 2008, 10:41:19 AM

Neither of these guys will become availble before the trade deadline.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 27, 2008, 10:44:48 AM

I'd like to get Greg Jennings....preferably sometime today so he can't play for the Pack tomorrow. However, that's not likely to happen and neither is the availablity of Evans and/or Boldin likely to happen.

As to guys who might be available....the only guy with a reasonable chance is Holt.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 27, 2008, 10:51:16 AM

I would love Holt but I wonder if the monumental change in systems and a slower surface would limit his effectiveness.... I think he needs to be an offense with more 5 and 7 step drops, but thats just my opnion

TJ would make alot of sense

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 27, 2008, 11:00:05 AM

I like Holt over the Lions' Williams, who has also bee suggested, despite Holts' age. Boldin and TJ (and Chad Johnson) ain't available...

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 27, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Roy Williams for me, he's a bit younger than Housyomamma (Championship).

#9 : September 27, 2008, 11:05:52 AM

I would love Holt but I wonder if the monumental change in systems and a slower surface would limit his effectiveness

Holt on grass in his career

223recs  3053yds   15tds

Boldin and TJ ain't available...

What makes you think TJ, a soon-to-be free agent on an 0-3 team that just drafted 2 wrs, isn't available?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 27, 2008, 11:09:58 AM

I'm a big fan of Holt's.  He's a smart guy and you wouldn't have to put up with the Diva attitude that usually comes with a great WR.

I would be thrilled with Holt, Housh, or Roy Williams.  I don't think there is a possibility of Arizona trading Boldin or Buffalo trading Evans while they both are winning.

#11 : September 27, 2008, 11:10:37 AM

I would love Holt but I wonder if the monumental change in systems and a slower surface would limit his effectiveness

223recs �3053yds � 15tds

What makes you think TJ, a soon-to-be free agent on an 0-3 team that just drafted 2 wrs, isn't available?
TJ is also expiring. So im sure that will also help the case. But what could we really give up that the Bengals would want?

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 27, 2008, 11:26:09 AM

223recs �3053yds � 15tds

TJ is also expiring. So im sure that will also help the case. But what could we really give up that the Bengals would want?
draft picks

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 27, 2008, 11:48:23 AM

I would have to Roy Williams.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 27, 2008, 11:51:26 AM

Sorry Hate, missed that. I'd say we need a #1 and that's either Holt or Williams.

Maybe if we sign Terrance Holt, Torry might be tempted?

Just about nappy time.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who would be your WR acquisition? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools