Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SIMMS « previous next »
Page: 1 2

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 11, 2006, 05:39:28 PM

The reality is, that Simms is gone next season.  We would be smart to try and at least get some draft picks for him.  Does he have trade value, maybe.  See, when he hits the open market, I can think of a few teams that will bid for his services.  A trade essentially guarantees an interested team the rights to Simms, without having to enter a bidding war.  He'd be outstanding in Washington.

No team will trade for a player that will be on IR and is a FA in three months.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 11, 2006, 05:41:34 PM

No team will trade for a player that will be on IR and is a FA in three months.

People said no one would trade for a WR that was deactivated as well.  Stranger things have happened.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 11, 2006, 05:50:15 PM

Sure they will.  It could well be that Minny, Oakland and Washington all look to upgrade at the QB position.  But they don't want to overpay, so by trading a draft pick for him, they get him without competion at a scatch and dent price.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#18 : October 11, 2006, 06:05:45 PM

Look for Simms to be a Raider in 07.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 11, 2006, 06:25:37 PM

Look for Simms to be a Raider in 07.

God, I hope not.  Oakland is where once respectable QB's go to die.  No up and comer in their right mind should entertain an offer from Al Davis. 

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

gone

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 11, 2006, 09:23:27 PM

Sure they will.  It could well be that Minny, Oakland and Washington all look to upgrade at the QB position.  But they don't want to overpay, so by trading a draft pick for him, they get him without competion at a scatch and dent price.
If that's the case they won't be looking for Simms

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#21 : October 11, 2006, 09:24:58 PM

Forget him, he is done here.

He'll be the QB on another team next year.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 11, 2006, 09:27:32 PM

Forget him, he is done here.

He'll be the QB on another team next year.

SR pretty much summed it up on his radio show, it is Grads's job to lose now.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 11, 2006, 09:42:33 PM

SR pretty much summed it up on his radio show, it is Grads's job to lose now.

I was a big Simms guy for a while, especially after last year but after watching Grads run this offense it made me relaize that Simms is all wrong for the Bucs. In 4 years Simms hasn't ran this offense the way Grads did on Sunday. It looked like a different offense and I loved it. It makes you notice more about the way SImms plays: longer release, slower decision-making, and slower drop in the pocket.

Even though the Bucs are 0-4, I can't wait for Sunday and the rest of the year....

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 11, 2006, 10:19:47 PM

I was a big Simms guy for a while, especially after last year but after watching Grads run this offense it made me relaize that Simms is all wrong for the Bucs. In 4 years Simms hasn't ran this offense the way Grads did on Sunday. It looked like a different offense and I loved it. It makes you notice more about the way SImms plays: longer release, slower decision-making, and slower drop in the pocket.

Even though the Bucs are 0-4, I can't wait for Sunday and the rest of the year....

I have been saying Simms wasn't right for two years, but he earned the starting spot this year.  I was optimistically hoping he could evolve into a decent QB for Gruden's system, but it was painfully obvious he wasn't progressing this season.

Fingers crossed Grads makes progress and stays healthy.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 11, 2006, 10:22:32 PM

who is this Simms guy you speak of?

drywallbuc

Starter

#26 : October 11, 2006, 10:23:26 PM

agree with pewter party, he goes to dallas or denver imo. somewhere that all he has to do is stand in the pocket and throw. my pick is dallas, parcells did good with phil.

btw keeponbucn i had no idea asian tatas got that big...hehe

buy american
hire american
save america

boycott chinese goods

wildbuc99

Rookie

#27 : October 11, 2006, 10:42:19 PM

Man I sure hope that we get Simms back even if just for another 1 year deal. Im not sold on Grads yet, I support the Bucs no matter the QB, but Simms is the most experienced QB we have on the team and with this BS offense that Gruden runs.  I dont think McCown is nothing special and I know Rattay isn't. In an ideal situation Grads keeps playing lights out, and Simms comes back to camp next year and the best man for the job wins the starting QB postion.  I cant believe how fast some of these posters turned on Simms last year he was the next Montana, now Grads is the savior and Simms isnt wanted. Little confusing, but the people who think we dont need Simms, even as a back-up QB, wait till they have to say Rattay or McCown in action that will be a sad day!!!

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SIMMS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools