Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is this as ridiculous as a trade as i think it is? « previous next »
Page: 1

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

: September 23, 2008, 07:58:00 PM

12 team league.

DWYE trades Chris Johnson, Ten RB to Dangle
DWYE trades DeSean Jackson, Phi WR to Dangle
DWYE trades Thomas Jones, NYJ RB to Dangle

HAWL trades Adrian Peterson, Min RB to Trash
HAWL trades Steelers D/ST, Pit D/ST to Trash
HAWL trades Chester Taylor, Min RB to Trash

lamens terms....

chris johnson
desean jackson
thomas jones

for

AP
chester taylor
Steelers D

jameswilder

Starter

#1 : September 23, 2008, 08:34:17 PM

I'd have to say on the surface that the player getting AP and the Steeler defense is getting the better of the deal, but does the player getting the Steelers defense need D help? Nice package with AP's replacement Chester Taylor in case of injury.

I have Chris Johnson on 1 of my teams, he gets 80-90 yards a game, but unless he rips off a long one LenDale White gets all the goalline carries. Jackson washeld to 40 yards rec'ing this weekend. I expect him to tail off a bit as teams the Buzzards are playing have film on Jackson.
Thomas Jones will get touches, but a 3RB selection at best as the Jets are playing from behind.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy- B. Franklin.

JC510

Practice Squad

#2 : September 25, 2008, 08:59:20 AM

I wouldn't trade Peterson, especially if I had Taylor, but he's getting 3 starters for 2. I think the team that gets Peterson wins, but it's not veto-able if that's what you're trying to ask.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#3 : September 27, 2008, 09:44:44 PM

I dunno. I think a lot of that depends upon how you see the Jets shaping up this year. If you are in the category of believing Favre and their offense will click then I'd say T Jones is an upper tier RB. Outside of that I'd say it's skewed towards the guy (or gal) getting AP.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 27, 2008, 10:57:51 PM

HAWL wins.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is this as ridiculous as a trade as i think it is? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools