Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden should take his own advice « previous next »
Page: 1 2

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: September 28, 2008, 09:20:17 PM

"I hope somebody recognizes, maybe one of these fancy cable channels, recognizes that we have one hell of a back here. I know they have all of these other backs they have to cover, but this guy has had 100 yards in almost every game he's played in here, period. Maybe somebody will step up to the plate and recognize that he is a big-time back. He makes some explosive runs and I just hope Earnest Graham gets the respect he deserves. He's very overshadowed, in my opinion."

Maybe Gruden should feed the beast, if he truly feels this way!

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#1 : September 28, 2008, 09:26:44 PM

I will agree with you, but Gruden also doesn't make the final decision on the play calls either.

This week "the beast" was fed more atleast.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 28, 2008, 09:29:55 PM

I like the balance. A few more carries to Graham surely wouldnt hurt, but having the shifty dunn back there that can hide behind linemen gives our offense another dimension. At this rate, Graham may have a 1000+ yds on the fewest carries in the league. Keeping the balance we have now makes it harder for teams to gameplan for us.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 28, 2008, 09:52:53 PM

There were a couple of times I thought Graham should have been in instead of Dunn but I think the Bucs are very concious of not wearing Graham and Dunn out. Graham mentioned last season that he was pretty gassed towards the end.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 28, 2008, 09:56:09 PM

then why not get some touchs for Bennett too.

fessy

Second String

#5 : September 28, 2008, 10:08:11 PM

The only problem I have is that when Graham gets in, the other team seems to KNOW we are going to run the ball so they attack.  Instead of subbing Graham and Dunn in and out each play, maybe they can try keeping both in for an entire series to try to fool the defense a little.

However, I like that we're winning so......

dodda45

Starter
#6 : September 28, 2008, 10:26:07 PM

It was not long ago that the same people on this board were calling for more explosive plays and shots down the field...You do what you can with what you have...You can't run all the time because they just stack the box (Chicago?)...We need better play at the QB position...period.  A stud playmaking receiver would not hurt either...

kevinmills

Second String

#7 : September 28, 2008, 10:39:07 PM

Or we can keep feeding him 15-20 times a game and keep him fresh and [hopefully] healthy for the entire season.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 28, 2008, 10:46:50 PM

"I hope somebody recognizes, maybe one of these fancy cable channels, recognizes that we have one hell of a back here. I know they have all of these other backs they have to cover, but this guy has had 100 yards in almost every game he's played in here, period. Maybe somebody will step up to the plate and recognize that he is a big-time back. He makes some explosive runs and I just hope Earnest Graham gets the respect he deserves. He's very overshadowed, in my opinion."

You have to like how Gruden is mixing it up with EG and Dunn. They both had good games, Dunn is consitently ripping off 8-10yrd runs.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 28, 2008, 10:49:31 PM

Graham has his strengths and Dunn has his.   They make a good tandem but I think Bennett is due to get some reps.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 28, 2008, 11:04:58 PM

You have to like how Gruden is mixing it up with EG and Dunn. They both had good games, Dunn is consitently ripping off 8-10yrd runs.

agreed, the problem with Dunn is when he is used as a feature RB...

keep doing what we are, give Graham a few more carries and we are good to go...

benir0

Hall of Famer
#11 : September 28, 2008, 11:07:03 PM

I agree, EG is great, but I actually loved the mix of Dunn early and EG late.  I thought Gruden did an exceptional job of going with the hot hand in the running game.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 28, 2008, 11:35:55 PM

Gruden did a great job today.

Dunn was consistently open in the recieving game and does great on the draw.

Warthog

Pro Bowler

#13 : September 29, 2008, 01:45:52 AM

Personally, I think when you run for around 160 yards in a game, then it's clear there is no problem with the running game.  I'm not sure why people keep saying Bennett is "due" for some game time. He isn't "due" for anything until the run game is struggling and it's clear things need a shake up.  If it ain't broke...

I leave at first light, headed North. Well do I recognize that I did not cover myself in glory. But never did I dream that for my failures I would be exiled. - the diary of Gen. L. P. McCown

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 29, 2008, 01:54:35 AM

I think Graham is getting the perfect amount of touches.

He should stay fresh and relatively injury free all season.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden should take his own advice « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools