Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 6-2 possible at midseason « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 29, 2008, 12:39:00 PM

A random unneccasary jab at Griese.

Anyway.

Griese is going to get booed like a mad man at Denver.

And Shannahan will be able to key in on Griese's weaknesses better than any coach in the league.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#16 : September 29, 2008, 12:39:44 PM

To beat the Broncos this coming week there are four things that need to happen.

1. Griese needs to see the throw before he throws the football to avoid turnovers
2. Run the football from beginning to end
3. Get pressure on Cutler
4. Keep the Broncos passing game in check

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 29, 2008, 12:43:51 PM

3. Get pressure on Cutler
4. Keep the Broncos passing game in check

Those two things should go hand and hand.

Hopefully the coaching staff can take something from Kansas City this past weekend.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#18 : September 29, 2008, 12:46:34 PM

Hoping it is just lineup and play smash mouth football, as the Broncos have two of the better man 2 man corners in the league in Bailey and Bly. It seemed as if the Chiefs just lined up and ran up the belly of the Broncos defensive line.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 29, 2008, 12:50:38 PM

Hoping it is just lineup and play smash mouth football, as the Broncos have two of the better man 2 man corners in the league in Bailey and Bly. It seemed as if the Chiefs just lined up and ran up the belly of the Broncos defensive line.

Yeah and they played great defense, forcing a couple of turnovers.

I hope they chug it with Earnest Graham all day but as you pointed out, chances are we don't.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 29, 2008, 12:50:54 PM

A random unneccasary jab at Griese.

how so?  Is it not true that the Packers scored 14 pts off of 2 of Griese INTs and is it not true that the Bears scored 18 pts off of 3 of Griese's INTs?  Is it not true that the defense, not counting pts off of Griese turnovers, have given up 7.3 pts a game under him, yet have given up 24 in week 1?

but yea Garcia wouldn't be 3-1 with this squad.  Grant it, we may not have scored as many pts with Garcia, but that woudl be because we wouldn't have too.  We'd be up and running the ball instead of trying to come back because of stupid QB play.

Dont get me wrong, I'm all for stickin with Griese, we are 3-0 with him, but I def feel like it's inspite of him, unless he was a top player in yesterdays game?

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 29, 2008, 12:53:20 PM

I just find that it was unrelated to the topic that was being discussed and random.

I didn't think this thread was about Griese's turnover struggles.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 29, 2008, 12:57:07 PM

I just find that it was unrelated to the topic that was being discussed and random.

I didn't think this thread was about Griese's turnover struggles.

It's about a possible record at the half way point. Certainly the QB play is a factor, even a big factor in where the bucs are when they get to that point.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 29, 2008, 01:01:17 PM

It's about a possible record at the half way point. Certainly the QB play is a factor, even a big factor in where the bucs are when they get to that point.

What do Griese's turnovers against Green Bay and Chicago have to do with our next four games?

I don't understand.

There are a ton of threads about the QB position I don't get why it's neccasary to drag it into every other thread. We get the arguement.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#24 : September 29, 2008, 01:02:54 PM

We beat Dallas, you can expect some respect then.

The will have to play lights out to do it.

I like what I'm seeing from our defense to get it done though; just not the secondary.

If (when) we beat Dallas, people will STILL complain about Griese and the WRs and the defense, etc...  It never ends.

The Bucs could go 19-0 and with every score 49-0 and people would still whine about something.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 29, 2008, 01:05:58 PM

The Buc's should go with the 2005 Pittsburgh Steelers approach (to cite a recent example)

Have Griese throw 15 balls a game and pound it down the opposition's throat with the running game.

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#26 : September 29, 2008, 01:09:32 PM

The Buc's should go with the 2005 Pittsburgh Steelers approach (to cite a recent example)

Have Griese throw 15 balls a game and pound it down the opposition's throat with the running game.

I 2nd that emotion !!!

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#27 : September 29, 2008, 02:22:52 PM

I 2nd that emotion !!!

That's a fine idea if you have a consistent ground attack. We don't. We have to get production from our QB so defenses can't focus on stopping the run. Dunn, this year, and Pittman, last year, have more ypc on fewer attempts than Graham. Graham needs (and so far gets) one long run in each game to boost his average. Dunn or Bennett would have scored on his 46 yard run yesterday.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 29, 2008, 02:30:03 PM

I'm strangely confident about the Denver game. This is our statement game, we'll see if our Buccaneers are just good or whether they're good enough to hang with the big boys.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 29, 2008, 02:37:47 PM

What do Griese's turnovers against Green Bay and Chicago have to do with our next four games?

I don't understand.

There are a ton of threads about the QB position I don't get why it's neccasary to drag it into every other thread. We get the arguement.

Those turnovers make people think it will continue to be a problem.  Turning the ball over that much hasn't been an indicator of good things in the games people of watched all their lives. So I know the investment commercials say "past performance is not a indicator of the future" but people still operate as if it were true and I'd say that's not totally unwise. Thus, those past ints effect people's outlook on the up coming games.

If you really have difficulty with that, I don't think there's much anyone can do for you.

Be honest with yourself, you're really here chasing ghosts. Not everyone is after Griese and/or Gruden. Some people really just have an honest informed intelligent opinion that results in takes about wanting to run the ball more.

Honestly, think back to that pick six that lost the bucs' the lead. You think that play should have been anything but a run?  Even if you want to get away from that, maybe they've set up a play and go play action and look deep or something but throwing the ball shallow like that again.....  My word, forget the fact there's a bunch of haterz around and pretend you're talking with just Bucs' fans, did anyone like that call?  

I couldn't have been the only one who watched it play go down seemingly in slowmotion it total disbelief they were honestly going to put air between the ball and any bucs' player.

It's like laughing at the other team for trying that stupid crap vs the bucs' sweet arse pass D all those years only in some kind of bizzaro crazy reverse world.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 6-2 possible at midseason « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools