Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 6-2 possible at midseason « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 29, 2008, 02:42:16 PM

I'm strangely confident about the Denver game. This is our statement game, we'll see if our Buccaneers are just good or whether they're good enough to hang with the big boys.

Damn, here I thought Chittown in Chitown might be the big boys.  I'm kind of having a hard time with Chicago at home not qualifying while Denver makes the cut.

Parity blah blah blah... sure, I like our chances in Denver as much as just about anywhere. I still have full confidence in the D and Kiffen, and I'm thinking the offense should match up pretty well too.

That said, I jump out of bucs fan mode, I'm thinking if you're any good you win at home, and I think Denver is at least "any good". 

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

MBF

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 29, 2008, 02:45:39 PM

I'm strangely confident about the Denver game. This is our statement game, we'll see if our Buccaneers are just good or whether they're good enough to hang with the big boys.

Damn, here I thought Chittown in Chitown might be the big boys.  I'm kind of having a hard time with Chicago at home not qualifying while Denver makes the cut.

Parity blah blah blah... sure, I like our chances in Denver as much as just about anywhere. I still have full confidence in the D and Kiffen, and I'm thinking the offense should match up pretty well too.

That said, I jump out of bucs fan mode, I'm thinking if you're any good you win at home, and I think Denver is at least "any good". 
I get what you're saying, what I mean is that people will have a hard time ignoring us if we come out on top in Denver.

Sactobuc

Starter

#32 : September 29, 2008, 02:56:59 PM

Bucs don't win on the road vs AFC opponents.

I'm sorry, but doesnt your username represent the Bucs winning on the road vs an AFC opponent?

You scare me!

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"They thought it was the end of the world, The day they heard the pirates sing-But the only treasure for a Buccaneer, Is a Super Bowl Ring\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#33 : September 29, 2008, 02:58:07 PM

Denver got a gift from the officials against San Diego and lost to a winless team yesterday. At 4-1, the Bucs will get noticed. Respect is 2 or 3 more wins other than Denver. Their defense is really in sad shape.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 29, 2008, 02:59:27 PM

Agreed, I would love it if we went into Mile High and made Cutler look stupid.

There would be mass suicide in the media in Tampa.

dpc1192

Starter

#35 : September 29, 2008, 02:59:38 PM

We will beat the Broncos, and I don't think it'll be all too tough..

Pound the ball with Graham, **CENSORED**e it up with Dunn, mix in some passes to Smith and Clayton, and hit Bryant deep.

Our D looks beastly and has alot of fire... I really like what I'm seeing from Mack, Gaines, Phillips and Ruud.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#36 : September 29, 2008, 03:11:41 PM

4-1 is getting real hard to ignore.  

I believe people think so highly of denver for two reasons, they seem to be pretty good through the years and people care more about offense then defense.

I'm all about the D!

If I go back to say the bucs first year in rayjay. I think the best way to judge whether the bucs had a shot was whether or not the oline could hold up or would they just get creamed thus creaming the whole offense, thus the offense losing the game. The Bucs' D just so rarely lost the game.  

I'm still thinking that's not a bad indicator, and I'm really liking the oline and the match-up with Denver's Dline so they should win.  .... right?  

The D isn't nasty like it used to be but it's still really solid.  

Football fans have to luv the Shannahan vs Monte match-up!

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 29, 2008, 03:14:51 PM

Agreed, I would love it if we went into Mile High and made Cutler look stupid.

There would be mass suicide in the media in Tampa.

Buc's have often made QB's look stupid.  Reminds me of when my SD buddy told me he was playing Culpepper on his FF team even though they were playing tampa. Something like 5? turnovers later he lost that FF week.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#38 : September 29, 2008, 03:49:38 PM

Wow...wasn't it just a couple weeks ago that 1-7 was being predicted for this team?

Times...they are a' changin'

clintro

Pro Bowler
#39 : September 29, 2008, 04:01:42 PM

I think we will go 3-1 in the next quarter of the season. 

Especially if Griese cuts down on the mistakes. 

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#40 : September 29, 2008, 04:06:34 PM

We beat Dallas, you can expect some respect then.

The will have to play lights out to do it.

I like what I'm seeing from our defense to get it done though; just not the secondary.

If we would have beaten the Bears 24-6 and the Packers 20-7...we would have gotten respect, but since Griese handed both teams 32 pts combined off of his turnovers, we look like a suspect 3-1 team, which we really are winning 2 games despite 7 turnovers(6 INTs, 1 stovall fumble)

Badabing, when you put it that way its amazing how this guy is still the starter. The number is 2 this week, he throws two INTs in Denver on the road, we lose.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#41 : September 30, 2008, 10:01:06 AM

Wow...wasn't it just a couple weeks ago that 1-7 was being predicted for this team?

Times...they are a' changin'

That was just one clown. My guess is he'd argue he didn't predict that he just though it was possible.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#42 : September 30, 2008, 01:34:06 PM

Bucs don't win on the road vs AFC opponents.

Says the guy who predicted the Bucs would lose to Green Bay...

john.matincheck

Starter

#43 : September 30, 2008, 02:35:26 PM

did I miss a loss? 7-1 is still possible as is 3-5 and anything in between.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#44 : September 30, 2008, 02:39:15 PM

Best case scenario is 5-3 if you ask me.  Odds are we lose at least one of the next 3 games, and I just can't see going to Dallas and coming out with a win...  4-4 is probably realistic.  Before the bears game, I was predicting 2-6, 3-5 tops.  I have changed my tune a bit, but am not getting my hopes up just yet.  Our defense makes me smile though, if they keep it up, we can hang with anyone.

We could easily lose at Denver, at home vs CAR, or even at home vs SEA but doubtful.  No way we lose to KC...

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 6-2 possible at midseason « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools