Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 1st Quarter of Season - Team Stat Rankings « previous next »
Page: 1 2

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#15 : September 29, 2008, 12:43:52 PM

Sunny - Not sure he even gave a full effort to tackle Jennings, as he more or less just ran by him as he took a bad angle to the player

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 29, 2008, 12:46:18 PM

http://rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Ronde Barber-DB- Buccaneers Sep. 29 - 12:32 pm et

Bucs coach Jon Gruden said in his Monday press conference that he thought RCB Ronde Barber played well in Week 4 "on film."

Maybe the video team edited out Barber's repeated breakdowns against Greg Jennings. Barber's now been torched in consecutive weeks after serving up 124 yards and six catches to Brandon Lloyd in Week 3. The Bucs may need to consider replacing the declining 33-year-old with Aqib Talib outside.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 29, 2008, 12:47:29 PM

Well I guess they didn't see Talib get torched by Jennings as well.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#18 : September 29, 2008, 12:49:28 PM

The interesting thing is last season the secondary was the strength of the team will the corners and safeties making plays, this season it seems as if the front seven is the strength of the team. Oh how things change from year to year. If the secondary can get back close to how they played last season the defense could really return to form in all areas.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Madman

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 29, 2008, 12:50:08 PM

Well, Jennings is no joke (or Brandon Lloyd). He lead the league in rec yardage coming into the game.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 29, 2008, 12:55:04 PM

Well, Jennings is no joke (or Brandon Lloyd). He lead the league in rec yardage coming into the game.

I agree. 

The question I have is why wasn't our best cover-corner on those WR's in those situations?

MBF

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 29, 2008, 01:16:57 PM

In the midst of all this Barber hate, I'd just like to say that P-Buc is playing really well and has most certainly proven me wrong.

Madman

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 29, 2008, 01:35:52 PM

I agree. 

The question I have is why wasn't our best cover-corner on those WR's in those situations?

Ronde plays the right side. All they have to do is line up there. Teams are coming after him now b/c P-Buc is playing so well.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#23 : September 29, 2008, 01:38:57 PM

http://rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Ronde Barber-DB- Buccaneers Sep. 29 - 12:32 pm et

Bucs coach Jon Gruden said in his Monday press conference that he thought RCB Ronde Barber played well in Week 4 "on film."

Maybe the video team edited out Barber's repeated breakdowns against Greg Jennings. Barber's now been torched in consecutive weeks after serving up 124 yards and six catches to Brandon Lloyd in Week 3. The Bucs may need to consider replacing the declining 33-year-old with Aqib Talib outside.

repeated breakdowns? after the slip and fall on the 1st TD, when did Jennings torch him again? I also like how they pin all the yardage on one player...like no other DB ever covered Jennings or Lloyd, or that some of the plays were against a zone...

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 29, 2008, 01:42:14 PM

Barber can still tackle with the best of them. He just isn't as good in coverage as he used to be, which wasn't his strong-suit in the first place.

Exactly, he is still a good zone guy, he has never been a great man2man. 

Also where was the safety on that first TD??

Obviously a long way away from that play.  I too thought the same thing.  It must have been how they were set up, but you would think in that situation, we would have been keeping two on that receiver since he is so dangerous.

Someone besides Barber was definetely out of position.

When your CB slips and falls as he's trying to jam a WR at the line, your defense is going to break down on that play...

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 29, 2008, 02:04:02 PM

I believe Ronde himself said he was in man coverage on the 1st GB TD of the game...read postgame quotes on front page!

You must be accountable for your actions!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#26 : September 29, 2008, 02:21:12 PM

Ronde plays the right side. All they have to do is line up there. Teams are coming after him now b/c P-Buc is playing so well.

I'm aware, but don't you think it might be better for the Defense to dictate to the Offense who covers what receiver instead of vice-versa, especially when one of those Corners play has fallen off somewhat?

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 29, 2008, 02:24:08 PM

I'm aware, but don't you think it might be better for the Defense to dictate to the Offense who covers what receiver instead of vice-versa, especially when one of those Corners play has fallen off somewhat?

I don't think Monte, Raheem, et al. think that Ronde's play has really fallen off -- and they're probably right...he's just finding inappropriate moments in the game to fall down to the turf...
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 1st Quarter of Season - Team Stat Rankings « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools