Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow Press Conference « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#30 : October 01, 2008, 06:30:34 PM

I'm not hating, I just thing the passion argument is lame.  He cried.  So what, big deal.  Doesn't show any more passion than the next guy.  Just shows he cries.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 01, 2008, 08:23:46 PM

I'd much rather have a stoic, non-emotional fella like Drew Weatherford on my team.  I mean, who wants an emotional guy like a Tebow, a Favre when you can have a guy who doesn't care either way what happens on the field?

LFO

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 01, 2008, 08:26:13 PM

I think Tebow is a very nice sensitive young boy.  That he cries after each game he loses is just so special.

Not sure I would describe it as manly.

I think you have Tebow confused with your son, who couldn't get into UF.

Of course, I wouldn't blame him, after all look at who is role model was growing up.....poor kid was handicapped at birth given who his father was.

Did you guys have a little pity party and cry on each others shoulder when you got the news of his rejection?  Is it then and there that you decided to make it your life's mission to rip anything and everything Orange and Blue?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#33 : October 01, 2008, 08:42:44 PM

Again, you don't have to cry to show emotion.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 01, 2008, 08:55:55 PM

Again, you don't have to cry to show emotion.

Just as crying does not mean you are "not a man."

Crying is a form of emotion.  So is laughter.  So obviously if you are laughing, you are showing emotion, and it is not crying therefore you do not have to cry to show emotion. 

But this misguided idea some have where crying is such a bad thing is idiotic.  I never met anyone who cared that didn't cry at some point in their life.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#35 : October 01, 2008, 09:02:40 PM

That is what makes Tebow such a special boy!  I like to see a QB cry after a tough loss... Shows he is very sensitive.

Obviously this a real sensitive subject with gator fans..   I get teary- eyed just thinking about it.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 01, 2008, 09:38:14 PM

That is what makes Tebow such a special boy!  I like to see a QB cry after a tough loss... Shows he is very sensitive.

Obviously this a real sensitive subject with gator fans..   I get teary- eyed just thinking about it.

I get teary eyed thinking about all the people too stupid to get into UF.  You know, kind of like your son....I just don't understand why people try to get into UF, then when they don't they hate the school?  That's the ticket...blame the school not yourself.  So much for personal responsibility and accountability.  Must not be traits of the runole family.

By the way, what does it say about FSU to get rolled over by such a sensitive guy?  I think the FSU defense looked sensitive as they were afraid to hit him last year...

I get teary eyed thinking of all the FSU fans out there that have been through such misery the last several years.  Then, when I think about how the future doesn't look any brighter I just ball up and cry....

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#37 : October 01, 2008, 09:40:13 PM

Crying is a form of emotion. So is laughter. So obviously if you are laughing, you are showing emotion, and it is not crying therefore you do not have to cry to show emotion.

Where did I say otherwise.  And I was working on the assumption we discussing emotion as  it related to passion for the game,etc.  If I was wrong on that my apologies.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 01, 2008, 09:51:18 PM

Crying is a form of emotion. So is laughter. So obviously if you are laughing, you are showing emotion, and it is not crying therefore you do not have to cry to show emotion.

Where did I say otherwise.  And I was working on the assumption we discussing emotion as  it related to passion for the game,etc.  If I was wrong on that my apologies.

I was referring to the idiot above who claimed you are not a man if you cry.

I am not saying if you don't cry you don't have passion, but people handle things in different ways.  MANY great players have cried after games.  Why some think it makes you not a "man" is beyond me.  I'd rather a guy shed a tear than laugh for sure.

All players are different.  Brady shows little emotion.  Favre runs around the field like a kid, jumping up and down, and is not afraid to shed a tear.  TO cried after a loss last year in playoffs.  Emmitt Smith has cried.  The GREAT Mike Alstott has cried.  Adam Morrison....ok, bad example j/k. 

Point is, sports are emotional and I have no problem with a guy crying or being upset after leaving it all on the playing field.....

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#39 : October 01, 2008, 09:59:19 PM

Was this press conference after the game or the next day?

LFO

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 01, 2008, 10:10:26 PM

After the game.

And I must have missed the part where he was balling, had tears flowing, and was breaking down.

I saw him wipe maybe one tear from his face...other than that I saw a man disappointed in how he played, and a guy who felt like he let his team, coaches, and fans down and how he vowed to never let it happen again.

Personally I would rather have a guy do that than say...blame everyone else (like his offensive line - Peyton Manning) for the loss.  He did not have to take the blame but he took personal accountability (Runole, you could learn something there) and responsibility for the loss and vowed to work harder to make sure it did not happen again.

I commend him for that.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#41 : October 02, 2008, 08:50:52 AM

I find it funny that people don't see the difference between a great NFL player crying tears of joy after a great win and Tebow crying like a little girl that struck out at her softball game after almost every loss.  Men don't cry because they lost a game.  As others have stated, Tebow is a sensitive child.  Though I do find it funny, I'm not surprised that gator fans back this type of childish activity.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#42 : October 02, 2008, 09:22:23 AM

i find it much more manly to make fun of college kids from behind a keyboard.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

ranman

Pro Bowler
#43 : October 02, 2008, 09:30:33 AM

Not necessarily a Tebow fan, but have no problem with anyone who wants to be accountable.  That is a level of maturity lacking here - and elsewhere -

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#44 : October 02, 2008, 09:48:40 AM

i find it much more manly to make fun of college kids from behind a keyboard.
Well.....You do as you like.  I'm not going to make fun of the boy, though.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow Press Conference « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools