Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With all the QB talk around here lately... « previous next »
Page: 1

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

: September 29, 2008, 03:40:42 PM

anyone taking a notice to one of my favorite prospects coming out of college?  Jason Campbell?  This guy is looking awesome.  Thats what a REAL WCO looks like... a litle bit of a vertical game, versatile back, explosive WR, QB with an arm who can scrabmle... the skins look very good right now and are a force to be reckoned with.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

Bucco40

Pro Bowler

#1 : September 29, 2008, 03:48:05 PM

LOL.

Buddy, I live 10 mins from FedEx and I still hear people to this day,who are Diehard Skins fans, say that Jason Campbell is pure garbage. Truely you dont watch enough of his games to see that he had this kind of performance against Dallas last year. He also went down with an injury last year and they were forced to use Todd Collins, who showed more promise at the end then Campbell did the whole season.

Trust me, he will not have those types of games that often. He gets sacked alot and misses his targets alot. Just having a lucky start to this season so far.

Aye, So we cut Clifton Smith?!?!

Set Course for Tampa Bay! Its time we make Bruce Allen a member of Davy Jones Locker!

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 29, 2008, 05:10:17 PM

LOL.

Buddy, I live 10 mins from FedEx and I still hear people to this day,who are Diehard Skins fans, say that Jason Campbell is pure garbage. Truely you dont watch enough of his games to see that he had this kind of performance against Dallas last year. He also went down with an injury last year and they were forced to use Todd Collins, who showed more promise at the end then Campbell did the whole season.

Trust me, he will not have those types of games that often. He gets sacked alot and misses his targets alot. Just having a lucky start to this season so far.
Get a clue, buddy.  They have won games vs 3 very tough teams, and lost only to the superbowl champs.  0 TURNOVERS for campbell.  How old are you, 12? 

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#3 : September 29, 2008, 06:44:49 PM

Of all the Skins fans I chat with, I've yet to find one who likes Campbell - they do think he's pure garbarge.  That really baffles me ... I'm with you - I like Campbell and think he'll be a very good QB if they keep the coaches/system around longer than a year or two.

PickSiXBuCC

Starter

#4 : September 29, 2008, 06:50:02 PM

I like Campbell to but I did hear that about skins fans hating him.. I remember checking out their message board after the Giants games and the majority of them saying they wanted Brennan to go in and be the new franchise QB in week 2 lol

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#5 : September 29, 2008, 09:07:25 PM

I liked him a lot too at one point... up until this season he has been very blah... I still want to see more... I've seen a guy light up the first quarter of a season and then amount to nothing before too... he is now the back up to Kyle Orton.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 29, 2008, 11:45:36 PM

Campbell took some time to mature...  I think he had a different O coordinator each year in college, plus a few in the pros.  It looked at first like he would have trouble running the WCO, but he has responded well and his play has really improved.  I was surprised that when "franchise" QBs were discussed on here a couple weeks back that very few folks even thought to mention him.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : September 29, 2008, 11:47:52 PM

The Redskins will falter.  And then this talk will be meaningless.

Campbell is alright.  But given the amount of info he has absorbed from so many differing chatterbox coaches, I am suprised his head has not exploded.

Must be the reason why he always has that DUH look on his face...completely an android.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With all the QB talk around here lately... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools