Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Holmgren PO'd at 7 year vet linebacker « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

: October 11, 2006, 03:45:48 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-rams-kacyvenskisswitcheroo&prov=ap&type=lgns

The linebacker is -- Isaiah Kacyvenski-- a special teams captain and 7 year veteran. They waived him the day before their Chicago game to promote a RB from their practice squad due to Alexander's injury. They told him they would re-sign him after the Chicago game but he wasn't buying it and signed w/ the Rams the next day...Holgrem is fit to be tied.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 11, 2006, 03:48:57 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-rams-kacyvenskisswitcheroo&prov=ap&type=lgns

The linebacker is -- Isaiah Kacyvenski-- a special teams captain and 7 year veteran. They waived him the day before their Chicago game to promote a RB from their practice squad due to Alexander's injury. They told him they would re-sign him after the Chicago game but he wasn't buying it and signed w/ the Rams the next day...Holgrem is fit to be tied.

Whatever, he could have demoted some scrb and got it done.  Somebody has to show some respect or make him stand up and realize it's a two way street.  In this case I say Hooray for the player...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 11, 2006, 03:51:18 PM

Whatever, he could have demoted some scrb and got it done.  Somebody has to show some respect or make him stand up and realize it's a two way street.  In this case I say Hooray for the player...

Agreed on all counts.

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#3 : October 11, 2006, 03:51:40 PM

I agree, Chev. Do you remember when Christy did the same thing to Wyche? He wasn't too happy either.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 11, 2006, 03:56:40 PM

I remember something like that back in the day, but I didn't know it was the kicker...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#5 : October 11, 2006, 03:57:45 PM

I remember something like that back in the day, but I didn't know it was the kicker...

BucsFan1976

Practice Squad
#6 : October 11, 2006, 03:57:52 PM

Contracts are already weighted against players in the NFL, good for him.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 11, 2006, 03:59:44 PM

How can Holmgren get upset at this? The guy's looking out for his well being, you can't trust anyone when it comes to this type of stuff. There's many stories that arne't released when teams promise one thing and do another.

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#8 : October 11, 2006, 04:03:31 PM

Well, what is pissing Holmgren off the most is they play the Rams this week and the LB knows their defense and special teams plans. I'm really happy for the guy to tell you the truth. He was supposedly their special teams captain and they waive him a day before the game? A captain? I can understand how he might look at that as a display of disrespect.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 11, 2006, 04:05:20 PM

Well, what is pissing Holmgren off the most is they play the Rams this week and the LB knows their defense and special teams plans. I'm really happy for the guy to tell you the truth. He was supposedly their special teams captain and they waive him a day before the game? A captain? I can understand how he might look at that as a display of disrespect.

There you go and I hope he tells it ALL...

gone

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 11, 2006, 04:13:32 PM

If they had come to him and asked him, hey, we absolutely need someone to go a week, would you mind? and he said no prob, then I could see Holmgren getting upset.  Odds are it was just done without even consulting him, so I don't blame him. 
But this isn't something that people forget, so he needs to make sure he shows he's a "Team guy" going forward.

It's also the very scenario why teams would be very careful trading for chris.

BucsAddict

Starter

#11 : October 11, 2006, 04:33:30 PM

i dont see under any circumstances waiving a vet/captain of one of your units as a smart decision.

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

simms22

Second String

#12 : October 11, 2006, 04:54:22 PM

id say thats a smart move by the player, gets double the salary for the year basically. You dont take a risk of cutting a captain of your special teams and experienced vet to the team. Holmgren underestimated the guy and got screwed for it.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 11, 2006, 05:25:58 PM

Serves the Seahawks right, good for the player. I just took a look at the Seahawks roster. 1st of all, why not just drop your 3rd QB (David Greene) and pick him back up instead of your ST Captain????

Or If you absolutely have to keep your 3rd QB, why not drop Craig Terrill, your 5th string DT. If I was a 7th year vet captain and one of these poor schmucks was kept over me I'd have a chip on my shoulder as well.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

#14 : October 11, 2006, 05:11:40 PM

Good for the player.  It says he restructured in the offseason and then they cut him in the middle of the season with a promise to come back later.  Lol.  He would have been foolish to wait for Holmgren to call.  Good that he made some money out of the deal.  If he was so valuable to the team they shouldn't have cut him.   
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Holmgren PO'd at 7 year vet linebacker « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools