Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yahoo reports all 3 QBs to get reps with first team « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
: September 30, 2008, 06:31:16 PM

I do not want to give McCown a chance.  Let him go somewhere else for his chance.
Then why are they holding McCown hostage?

because allen is a meanie ...

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 30, 2008, 05:08:50 PM

Update: Garcia may get some reps with the first-team offense in practice with the Buccaneers this week, the St. Petersburg Times reports.

Recommendation: Brian Griese threw three interceptions for the second straight game on Sunday, and while head coach Jon Gruden expressed confidence in Griese in his Monday press conference, he did say “we’re going to try to split the reps up and get all three guys some work (this week),” referring to quarterbacks Griese, Garcia and Luke McCown. A quarterback change likely is not imminent in Tampa Bay unless Griese’s ineffectiveness continues and the Bucs start losing games as a result; even if that were to happen, it’s not clear whom Gruden would turn to, Garcia or McCown.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=rotowire-effarciaayetepswithi&prov=rotowire&type=fantasy

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 30, 2008, 05:11:43 PM

Posted this earlier:

Gruden did acknowledge that backup quarterbacks Luke McCown and Garcia could get some repetitions this week in preparation for Sunday's game at Denver.

"We're going to try to split the reps up and get all three guys some work," Gruden said.

And he said he believed the Bucs would need all three quarterbacks at some point during the season, including Garcia, who has been the inactive third quarterback the past three games.

"Garcia was our starter and might be our starter again at some point in time," Gruden said.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/article832297.ece

MBF

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 30, 2008, 05:13:30 PM

I'll wait for someone more credible than the Sp. Times before I believe this.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 30, 2008, 05:16:53 PM

Well, that is a quote from Gruden, so if he is saying all three will get work with the first team then I am sure that is what will happen unless the coach is lying

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 30, 2008, 05:19:21 PM

Well see what happens.

Obviously Gruden clearly communicated to Garcia what the problem was. You haven't heard a peep out of him since.

I hope Griese plays well enough to keep the gig

benir0

Hall of Famer
#6 : September 30, 2008, 05:31:19 PM

Interesting.  I'm pleased, if this is true.  We need these guys on board.  It would be nice if Galloway could come back and McCown could make a leap.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 30, 2008, 05:33:08 PM

Imagine how much better of a feel this season could have if McCown was in there and progressing nicely.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 30, 2008, 05:39:44 PM

Imagine how much better of a feel this season could have if McCown was in there and progressing nicely.

That would indeed be nice..  Im not counting on him getting that chance  though :(

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 30, 2008, 05:55:27 PM

Well see what happens.

Obviously Gruden clearly communicated to Garcia what the problem was. You haven't heard a peep out of him since.

I hope Griese plays well enough to keep the gig

If he doesn't, let's hope he gives McCown a chance. Luke has mobility and isn't afraid to run the ball. Defenses know Griese isn't going anywhere. After what we've seen in these first four games, I'd say Luke is our most accurate QB. We all know he has the strongest arm. He can move the pocket and he can make any throw. He knows the playbook. The OL is better than last year. The ground game is better and there are more options to throw to. This team is good enough to overcome mistakes on both sides of the ball. We've watched them do it three games in a row. Luke is our only threat to throw deep, and to run for a first down. He had our longest run last year.

I hope Griese continues to win games, but he is not our best all around QB IMO.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 30, 2008, 06:18:25 PM

I do not want to give McCown a chance.  Let him go somewhere else for his chance.  Garcia healthy and happy, sure I'd give him a chance.

In the meantime, this is good pressure on Greise to stop throwing INTs. 

#11 : September 30, 2008, 06:20:45 PM

I do not want to give McCown a chance.  Let him go somewhere else for his chance.  Garcia healthy and happy, sure I'd give him a chance.

Way to build for the future...

Pick the guy with the weakest arm, shortest future, and greatest propensity to injury.  Brilliant!

MBF

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 30, 2008, 06:21:35 PM

I do not want to give McCown a chance.  Let him go somewhere else for his chance. 
Then why are they holding McCown hostage?

#13 : September 30, 2008, 06:25:53 PM

Garcia healthy and happy, sure I'd give him a chance.

For what? Dude's arm is done.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 30, 2008, 06:36:40 PM

Are you saying he's crossed the line?
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yahoo reports all 3 QBs to get reps with first team « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools