Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yahoo reports all 3 QBs to get reps with first team « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 01, 2008, 10:51:08 AM

Sounds to me like these guys will get the opportunities in the order they now stand:

Griese, McCown, Garcia...

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 01, 2008, 10:51:46 AM

Now warming up in the bullpen.......Number 7 on your programs but number 12 in your hearts, Jeffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff Garrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrciiiiiiiiaaaaaaaa.

Put your pom-poms away!!

didn't he borrow those from you ;)

lol RA

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 01, 2008, 02:59:26 PM

How unusual is that?  To get three qb's reps with the first team offense?   

Is it only the fact that a third guy might take reps that is unusual?  or do a lot of coaches not get the second guy any reps with the first team either?

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 01, 2008, 03:06:24 PM

The other bad thing Luke seems to do is lose football games.  Pretty big stat imo.  I hate to see Giese throw picks...  I know it's going to happen, and I hate it.  But I find it hard to argue with 8-1 at this point.

Yeah, like the most important game of the regular season he lost for us in NO last year that all but clinched the division.

Oh, wait. He won that one.

And nobody in their right mind would choose to put JJ in there over Luke or any other QB right now. He's a kid and
would get killed out there. Maybe in a few years.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 01, 2008, 03:09:18 PM

How unusual is that? To get three qb's reps with the first team offense?

Is it only the fact that a third guy might take reps that is unusual? or do a lot of coaches not get the second guy any reps with the first team either?

Starters get the overwhelming majority of the "first-team" snaps normally...sounds like that won't be the case this week...

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 01, 2008, 03:49:43 PM

How unusual is that? To get three qb's reps with the first team offense?

Is it only the fact that a third guy might take reps that is unusual? or do a lot of coaches not get the second guy any reps with the first team either?

Starters get the overwhelming majority of the "first-team" snaps normally...sounds like that won't be the case this week...

So it's not just that three QB's will take snaps with the #1 offense it's how those snaps are distributed that may be out of the ordinary.   Hmmmm....

Wake me when Gru starts subing out QB's on every play like SOS (The Ole/Head Ball Coach).

Frankly I've never totally wrapped my head around how delicately QBs are treated in the NFL.  In college it wouldn't hardly draw a second glance if the second string guy came in for a series or two.  Then you get to pro and it's news if the second guy gets a few more snaps at practice?  Really? 

How elf'n hard is it to take the snap turn around and hand the ball to EG anyway?

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 02, 2008, 12:20:41 AM

And just another reason I despise college football.

Want me to predict the top ten teams in 2035?

I bet I can.

beach4_life

Second String

#37 : October 02, 2008, 08:36:03 AM

Why would that make a difference? Gries man is doing a winning job (which I doubt would be the case if McSucks was in there). Clown is a back up, at least for now and we have a young winning QB in there now. So just sit back and enjoy.

Imagine how much better of a feel this season could have if McCown was in there and progressing nicely.

beach4_life

Second String

#38 : October 02, 2008, 08:40:47 AM

Did you see Griese in there this weekend, he got out of a couple bad situations. If McCown was in you can back him. I think you guys rip the starting QB just because you are bored. Lets start supporting our winning QB and if he starts messing up then the coach will make the right decision at that time. I am trying to figure out if you guys like McClown or if you just dont want to give Griese a chance for some reason, he is only 33 and could be our starter for a couple years, unlike Garcia.

Well see what happens.

Obviously Gruden clearly communicated to Garcia what the problem was. You haven't heard a peep out of him since.

I hope Griese plays well enough to keep the gig

If he doesn't, let's hope he gives McCown a chance. Luke has mobility and isn't afraid to run the ball. Defenses know Griese isn't going anywhere. After what we've seen in these first four games, I'd say Luke is our most accurate QB. We all know he has the strongest arm. He can move the pocket and he can make any throw. He knows the playbook. The OL is better than last year. The ground game is better and there are more options to throw to. This team is good enough to overcome mistakes on both sides of the ball. We've watched them do it three games in a row. Luke is our only threat to throw deep, and to run for a first down. He had our longest run last year.

I hope Griese continues to win games, but he is not our best all around QB IMO.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 02, 2008, 09:06:43 AM

And just another reason I despise college football.

Want me to predict the top ten teams in 2035?

I bet I can.

In college?  Sure.  How 'bout something easier, How 'bout the ten best teams this year?   

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yahoo reports all 3 QBs to get reps with first team « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools