Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PY on ESPN says we have a star « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

msakaniwa

Starter

: September 30, 2008, 09:42:51 PM

lol

weinberger83

Starter
#1 : September 30, 2008, 09:05:18 PM

Just a little article on ESPN from Pat Yasinskas. Its nice to start and get noticed.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcsouth/0-3-180/Tampa-Bay-s-Adams-has-entered-star-territory.html

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 30, 2008, 09:11:56 PM

He's just sucking up because he knows his prediction that the Saints are going to run away with the division is starting to look a little shakey.

s0uthFLbucfan

Starter

#3 : September 30, 2008, 09:15:18 PM

i mean i love gaines, but i think Pete is a lil too high on those back to back picks, which were awesome. Gaines Adams is good, but before i call him a star, i have to KNOW hes gonna give the bucs a sack every game. until than hes not a star. If anyone on our D is a star right now, its barret ruud, hes been ALL over the field and making great plays, we have a stuf middle linebacker for years to come. Tarnard Jackson is just a splash play or two away from reaching start status.

go bucs!

"We're going to be d--- good,"-
Kellen Winslow II. Novemeber 15, 2009

s0uthFLbucfan

Starter

#4 : September 30, 2008, 09:15:59 PM

*stud

*star

...sry bout that

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 30, 2008, 09:19:19 PM

Gaines is getting a lot of pressure on the QBs this year.  He has missed out on about three or four sacks as a result of the QB throwing the ball away...I like that.  It is almost just as good.

As long as the man is making the QBs nervous, he is doing his job, with or without the bling (sack).

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 30, 2008, 09:22:06 PM

A pressured throw is the next best thing to a sack in this defense. That's when Monte can scheme the secondary. And that is when the picks will start coming.

s0uthFLbucfan

Starter

#7 : September 30, 2008, 09:24:02 PM

The picks have already started coming :).

im so stoaked about this defense.

go bucs!

#8 : September 30, 2008, 09:24:59 PM

Gotta give props where due. He's playin well but my defensive mvp thru week 4 is Barrett Ruud. As Chris Berman said Sunday, his play is "rude and obnoxious".

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#9 : September 30, 2008, 10:20:51 PM

Gaines is a great compliment when someone else is forcing the QB to move in the pocket, but I am still waiting for him to tighten the edge some and become more of a backside threat the way Simeon was. Then he would be a star.

He has had 2 or 3 costly offside already this year.

OldBloodandBucs

Starter

#10 : September 30, 2008, 10:42:06 PM

Gaines is getting a lot of pressure on the QBs this year. He has missed out on about three or four sacks as a result of the QB throwing the ball away...I like that. It is almost just as good.

As long as the man is making the QBs nervous, he is doing his job, with or without the bling (sack).

Pressure comes in many ways--of this there is no doubt. It is very fun to watch all of these splash plays coming from almost everyone on the entire defense!

MadMac0629

Starter
#11 : September 30, 2008, 10:45:07 PM

So does this mean the idiots who were calling Adams a "bust" were possibly out of their skull?

I drank WHAT?! -- last words of Socrates

TheRealist

Second String

#12 : September 30, 2008, 11:11:43 PM

Gaines is much better than last year...I am waiting for him to use his spin move more, he will be a force because all te people blocking him will never know if he is going to speed rush around the end of go inside

Madman

Hall of Famer
#13 : September 30, 2008, 11:20:18 PM

Gaines has freakish ability and we're starting to really see it now. Amazing first step.

He's playing the run exceptionally well too. Watch that key 3rd and 1 play last week. Gaines blew up the LT and tackled Grant for a loss.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 30, 2008, 11:24:28 PM

Adams is physical as well...I never understood why some of the posters here INSISTED that he was soft, and could not hit a running back.  I laughed at that...and now I do not watch a ton of college ball, but I watched a few of his games, and always thought he looked very good.

He is the prototype Tampa 2 defensive end.  Fast, can tackle, can drop into coverage, can play both sides...and he is getting better.  Not bad for the old man. ;)

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PY on ESPN says we have a star « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools