Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PY on ESPN says we have a star « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JC510

Practice Squad

#30 : October 01, 2008, 11:16:56 AM

Penn is the guy who's reaching star level in a hurry.

Madman

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 01, 2008, 11:29:41 AM

What a find that guy was! Claimed Penn off the Vikings practice squad. Amazing.

The whole O-line (aka The Nasty Boys) may reach star status by the end of the season.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 01, 2008, 12:42:43 PM

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/oct/01/sp-ruud-off-to-another-fast-start/sports-bucs/

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#33 : October 02, 2008, 10:05:13 AM

What actually pleases me the most about Gaines is how well he plays the run. I got a little sick of watching Simeon Rice give no effort at all on running plays and seemed like a run to left tackle was an automatic 4/5 yards to the opposition.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 02, 2008, 10:12:34 AM

What actually pleases me the most about Gaines is how well he plays the run. I got a little sick of watching Simeon Rice give no effort at all on running plays and seemed like a run to left tackle was an automatic 4/5 yards to the opposition.
It wasn't Rice's job to play the run. His job was to take the left tackle out as wide as possible so the left guard had more ground to protect against Sapp and so Brooks had as much room to move around as possible. Adams doesn't have near the first step Rice did, which is why he's doing better against right tackles. Right now Adams is more like Regan Upshaw.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Buccapolooza

Second String

#35 : October 02, 2008, 10:36:06 AM

Is it just me or does Gaines Helmet and facemask bug the crap out of anyone else? It's like it just sits ontop of his head.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 02, 2008, 10:50:51 AM

He is unblockable against the run, dude is a stud. Our DL has played the run extremely well this year, they are all the reason for the stout ground D, IMO. They free up the LB's to make plays

acacius

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 02, 2008, 02:06:43 PM

Is it just me or does Gaines Helmet and facemask bug the crap out of anyone else? It's like it just sits ontop of his head.

Between that and Hovan's jersey, it's like the equipment manager hates the defensive line.  :p

(Yes, I know.  They must actually like their gear that way for whatever reason.)

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 02, 2008, 02:47:57 PM

What a find that guy was! Claimed Penn off the Vikings practice squad. Amazing.

The whole O-line (aka The Nasty Boys) may reach star status by the end of the season.

Nasty boys... hmmm...

How 'bout..

Storm Front

Ok not so good, but at least it's not same ole same ole.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Huey Freeman

Starter
#39 : October 02, 2008, 03:25:58 PM

From what we have seen so far from Adams, Jackson, and Ruud, I think we can look forward to having strong defenses well into the future. 

deftbuc

Rookie
#40 : October 02, 2008, 03:32:55 PM

Gaines isnt a "Star" yet...  he's had two good games this year, but really, how amazing is it really to catch a football that's thrown right at you... twice?   When he starts raking up 2-3-4 sacks a game...   THEN, he will be  a"Star".    I think "good player" would be more appropriate.   Im not trying to be negative, Im just keeping it real. 

I don't know. Why don't you ask Maurice Stovall and Michael Clayton that question?

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#41 : October 02, 2008, 05:42:42 PM

From what we have seen so far from Adams, Jackson, and Ruud, I think we can look forward to having strong defenses well into the future. 

Amazing, so youre saying our current GM and Coach have set up our defense for well into the future!  And to think a lttle over a  year ago everyone thought our defense was old and slow.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PY on ESPN says we have a star « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools