Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: From: Al Davis | To: Lane Kiffin « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

The Q

Pro Bowler

#15 : October 01, 2008, 12:14:31 PM

On TV Al looked like a very confused individual, that should feel lucky to still be controlling the Raiders. He looked bad and sounded bitter, and STUPID.

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 01, 2008, 12:15:50 PM

http://www.contracostatimes.com/raiders/ci_10604357?nclick_check=1

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 01, 2008, 12:19:28 PM

http://www.contracostatimes.com/raiders/ci_10595392

Orangegone1

Starter

#18 : October 01, 2008, 12:35:20 PM

I would love to hear Gruden take some shots at Davis just to add to the drama. It would also be a nice gesture of loyalty to his DC.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 01, 2008, 12:54:31 PM

Davis with the cameras off

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 01, 2008, 01:20:25 PM

Davis is just setting himself up for a lawsuit.  He's trying his best to make Lane look bad for when this goes to court.  That's the reason for all of the press conference bullcrap. 

Nothing more, nothing less.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#21 : October 01, 2008, 01:40:56 PM

Al is a **CENSORED** bag.

yes he is...

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#22 : October 01, 2008, 01:41:36 PM

Davis is just setting himself up for a lawsuit.  He's trying his best to make Lane look bad for when this goes to court.  That's the reason for all of the press conference bullcrap. 

He did the same to Shanahan. Still hasn't paid him a cent after firing him.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 01, 2008, 01:42:43 PM

Just was listening to Sports radio and caught a broadcasting team I didn't recognize. At first I thought it was something syndicated from the San Francisco area.  Much to my shock it was the new Tweedle Dee And Tweedle Dumb of the airwaves!

It was the KILLER BEES!!  LOL     The worship they gave Al Davis was incredible!   They actually tied Jon Gruden to the whole thing!

Isn't that novel?    Geesh!    How does such crap get a sports radio deal?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 01, 2008, 01:49:52 PM

It would be funny if nobody would take the head coaching job there now.  

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#25 : October 01, 2008, 02:02:46 PM

Davis is just setting himself up for a lawsuit.  He's trying his best to make Lane look bad for when this goes to court.  That's the reason for all of the press conference bullcrap.  

It doesn't really matter. I don't have a copy of his contract, obviously, but unless Al can prove that Lane breached it he is subject to whatever the breach on his side is (assuming there is one based on the contract). Surely Al's argument would be that Lane breached the contract in some manner and how is the real question. He stated openly in a public forum that he fired him for "cause" meaning, in his words, that it was due to Kiffin speaking out in the media about their situation and internal disagreements. That's a little different from performance reasons and that may be the reason he has a case. It really all depends, but the personal trashing isn't going to get him anywhere in court.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 01, 2008, 02:53:44 PM

Davis with the cameras off

Great read!

Al may be a bad judge of coaches and be a little crazy but he's still very sharp.

Kiffin obviously didn't know what he was getting himself into. Either did Gruden. The way Big Al
is keeps the really good coaches from wanting to coach for him. He has to put up with the
B Level coaches and coaches that are young and unproven.

I had forgotten about the Jerry Rice streak and Norv Turner. Turner forgot to throw him the ball?
Hilarious.

Davis is a piece of work. The comment section of that article shows that the fans appreciate his
up front nature. Although I don't think they'll cry too much when he's gone.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 01, 2008, 03:20:05 PM

Davis is just setting himself up for a lawsuit.  He's trying his best to make Lane look bad for when this goes to court.  That's the reason for all of the press conference bullcrap.  

It doesn't really matter. I don't have a copy of his contract, obviously, but unless Al can prove that Lane breached it he is subject to whatever the breach on his side is (assuming there is one based on the contract). Surely Al's argument would be that Lane breached the contract in some manner and how is the real question. He stated openly in a public forum that he fired him for "cause" meaning, in his words, that it was due to Kiffin speaking out in the media about their situation and internal disagreements. That's a little different from performance reasons and that may be the reason he has a case. It really all depends, but the personal trashing isn't going to get him anywhere in court.

If he gets people to believe his side of the story if the factual events, he would have his "cause."  That's the point of all of the media hype and press conferences.

I don't know why anyone would believe Al Davis' side of the story.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#28 : October 01, 2008, 03:35:10 PM

Not really. That's up to the court to decide and they'll decide on many more issues besides his press conferences.

It doesn't matter what the public believes and there will be evidence provided for them which aren't coming from the press conferences.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 01, 2008, 04:13:38 PM

Davis is just setting himself up for a lawsuit. �He's trying his best to make Lane look bad for when this goes to court. �That's the reason for all of the press conference bullcrap. �

If he gets people to believe his side of the story if the factual events, he would have his "cause."  That's the point of all of the media hype and press conferences.

I don't know why anyone would believe Al Davis' side of the story.
I don't either. That letter is full of holes and contradictions.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: From: Al Davis | To: Lane Kiffin « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools