Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The VP Debate « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 01, 2008, 02:24:12 PM

Put a fork in him...

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0908/14146.html

kmitchell

Starter

#31 : October 01, 2008, 02:28:26 PM

I can't wait to see Obama win, and see if Bucco is really going to leave the country like he said he would.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 01, 2008, 02:32:20 PM

I can't wait to see Obama win, and see if Bucco is really going to leave the country like he said he would.

I'd rather have a Ron Paul, write-in shocker but getting rid of Bucco would be a nice consolation prize.
;)

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 01, 2008, 02:36:53 PM

Are you betting another $100 bucks on that Obama landslide, Joe?

That prediction worked out well for you last time, didnt it?

kmitchell

Starter

#34 : October 01, 2008, 02:40:06 PM

Ron Paul should just use a massive advertising campaign 2 days before the election, buying the 5pm-6pm hour on CNN, ESPN, FOX, and MSNBC, go over every one of his issues, and ask people to write him in. If everyone listened to him with an open-mind for an hour, he has a serious shot at winning the election. The least he would do is take true conservatives away from McCain. And that is always a great service to the country.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 01, 2008, 02:50:41 PM

That wont work because some states dont even allow write-ins anymore....

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 01, 2008, 02:57:17 PM

Ron Paul should just use a massive advertising campaign 2 days before the election, buying the 5pm-6pm hour on CNN, ESPN, FOX, and MSNBC, go over every one of his issues, and ask people to write him in. If everyone listened to him with an open-mind for an hour, he has a serious shot at winning the election. The least he would do is take true conservatives away from McCain. And that is always a great service to the country.

If he had the cash, he could at least make it interesting. But he wouldn't win.

Too many people (like Cyber) still think they have to vote for one of the two evils.

And as far as betting $100 on Obama? If I had money to gamble and I had 5-1 and 9-1 odds
like I did with the Hillary VP bet, then I'd take it. One bet has nothing to do with the other.

McCain = Finished

Deal with it.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 01, 2008, 03:10:31 PM

The  Politico/Real Clear delegate count is starting to show the electoral landslide that I think we will see.

http://www.politico.com/convention/swingstate.html

Obama - 348

McCain - 190

That's an electoral landslide.

The closer we get to election day, the more relevant the polls become. Give it a few weeks.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 01, 2008, 03:14:33 PM

The Politico/Real Clear delegate count is starting to show the electoral landslide that I think we will see.

Obama - 348

McCain - 190

The closer we get to election day, the more relevant the polls become. Give it a few weeks.

If you say so... But keep in mind that all the polls are oversampling Democrats and blacks. If those turnouts are lower or if the GOP turnout is higher than predicted, there could be some massive errors in these state polls.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#39 : October 01, 2008, 03:16:08 PM

Obama will win the election, in two years Republicans will take control of Congress again, and in 4 years we'll elect a new President.  That's the way it works.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 01, 2008, 03:20:22 PM

I can post youtube vids of stupid things Obama and Biden say....

Would you like that?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 01, 2008, 03:22:48 PM

The debate will be interesting. �Away from the controlled environment of GOP rallies Palin is completely out of her depth. �

Yeah, it's scary.  But the economy will hurt Mac more than Palin.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 01, 2008, 03:24:56 PM

LMAO

Palin is great value. She's like Forrest Gump.

There is something strangely soothing about her mad aunt, nonsensical ramblings. It's like viewing the mind of a blissful ignoramus.

Thanks for posting those. I've been Mr. Procrastination lately.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 01, 2008, 03:28:57 PM

Anyone at the Green Bay game this past Sunday? During one of the TV timeouts they put up in the jumbotron interviews of some of the Bucs players and their favorite people or celebs. I didnt catch who it was but one of the players said their favorite was Sarah Palin. And most of the stadium erupted into cheers.

She's got the support of Buc fans!

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#44 : October 01, 2008, 03:38:19 PM

The Politico/Real Clear delegate count is starting to show the electoral landslide that I think we will see.

Obama - 348

McCain - 190

If you say so... But keep in mind that all the polls are oversampling Democrats and blacks. If those turnouts are lower or if the GOP turnout is higher than predicted, there could be some massive errors in these state polls.

I agree with the sentiment that the polls mean nothing right now. I know no one has ever asked me who I'm voting for, and I'll be there...(actually I'm voting at the first early ballot opportunity in my area to avoid the rush). The Obama campaign has been VERY AGGRESSIVE in engaging and registering new voters. One of the reasons the Black vote has never been there is they never felt that any of the white men who were running previously understood or represented their views. I think, from talking with several of my black co-workers, that its different with Obama, for obvious reasons.

As for the debate tomorrow night, I think if Palin has a Katie Couric night its going to be curtains for the McCain campaign. She really needs to project competence and understanding in an international light.

And you're exaggerating the "stadium erupting into cheers", there were cheers but it was hardly an eruption. In fact it was rather light applause.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The VP Debate « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools