Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sarah Palin Explains Why Women Should Be Forced To Bear Their Rapists' Babies « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 13 14 15

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #210 : October 02, 2008, 08:32:53 PM »

Remember how Obama answered his question dealing with abortion?

"It's above my pay grade."

What an idiot.

Bro, Palin doesn't belong and will prove that tonight.

It's going to be hilarious, the race for the whitehouse ends tonight.

It's already over.

But Palin is a decent debater when she's not over managed, like she has been with the McCain people.
I think she's so worried about saying the wrong thing that she's coming across as clueless.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

« #211 : October 02, 2008, 09:11:33 PM »

For once, (if this is true) I would have to be against this chick. I was for her completely intitially, but hearing this makes me sick.

So I guess it's ok for rapists to keep they're genetics going?

Rapists arnt going anywhere. They will always be with us. Just like the wife-beaters and the pedophiles will always be with us no matter what we do.

Like it's fair that the raped woman gets to carry a baby she didn't even want for 9 months, then have it taken away?

Did the baby rape the woman?

It may NOT be fair for the fetus, but that what it is, a fetus...NOT a baby. (Personally, I don't think ANYTHING is truly alive until it can remember, or recall past events) (e.g. Running into a electric fence. Once you do it, you don't do it again.)

So even after birth it is not a human? An infant's memory is very immature the first few years of life. That's why we cant remember those very early years.

And I suppose we (taxpayers) should surpport the "unwanted" children as well?

Well obviously taxpayers dont mind paying $850 billion dollars to bailout corrupt banks and whining investors. Taxpayers dont seem to mind the idea of paying for everyone elses medical bills. Taxpayers dont seem to mind bailing out the airlines or insurance companies.... so why would taxpayers mind paying this bill?

This whole thing stinks worse than my socks. I don't surpport "killing" anything.. But look at it this way, If the woman that is raped can't get "it" out, they may kill themselves, or go "underground" to get the fetus aborted. Imvho, neither option sounds all to good. Besides, there have been plenty of fetuses aborted with less reasonings why.

The amount of abortions due to rape is less than 1% of total abortions. How many woman have actually taken their lives before abortion was legal? Find me a statistic if you want to argue this and it better not be from some pro-choice website with inflated numbers.

If a woman chooses to carry the baby full-term, then good for her! If not, I could still completely understand wanting to get something "foreign" out of their bodies. NOT praising O-bama in any way, but I wouldn't be able to vote for someone who would think thats "ok".

Foreign? Are you serious?

Wow....

Guy, you aren't thinking straight if you actually think that a woman would not consider that a "foreign" object.

Secondly, go pick apart someone elses posts if you don't have the intellect to understand that a "raped" woman would rather KILL themselves, than have that "thing" that was inserted into they're bodies against their will. Ask for yourself... if you actually know any.

And also, if you are going to use the "bailout" routine every time someone posts about government spending and taxpayer money, you have no legs to stand on in any "money" arguement, and should be quiet when the adults type.

btw... when you typed this...

"So even after birth it is not a human? An infant's memory is very immature the first few years of life. That's why we cant remember those very early years."

There is a thing called muscle memory. There are many other types of "memory" as well. Most of them develop after about 2-4 months inside the mothers womb.

This lets me know you are just blathering on about something you have no clue what to really say....just trying to be "right". Go be "right" and have fun with it..... :D

Understand this though... there IS no "right" in either side of the arguement.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

« #212 : October 02, 2008, 09:11:44 PM »

Joe, since you are so good at making predictions with your crystal ball...do you mind giving me your prediction for the world series winner? I need to win me some money!

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

« #213 : October 02, 2008, 11:19:28 PM »

Nope. � Everyone who is against abortion in cases of rape or incest are religious whack jobs.

Link?

No link.  Its my opinion.  Just like its my opinion that Palin is a whack job and not the most qualified VP that McCain could've chosen.

Just out of curiosity... Are you anti-abortion people against abortion even if the baby endangers the mother's life?

I am probably one of the only people here qualified to answer this.
Almost 19 years ago as my wife was in labor with my oldest son,they were sure they had to go in and get him.
All of a sudden they lost his heartbeat and they said I had to make a decision.....Mom or the baby.
I hope to all the you believe in that none of you are ever in such a heart wrenching situation.I really wish you would not of even brought it up as it still bothers me to this day.
You can not imagine the agony of the situation.
I over rode my wife and told them to save them both and do the C section!
I hope you never have to make that decision!

As I have indicated fairly strongly in this debate I am pro life. I am fervently against abortion as a means of birth control, or getting rid of a baby because it might be tough. i.e. a down syndrome baby.
Doobie, this was a medical procedure. You had a tough choice to make. By God's grace you have reaped the benefits of making an extremely tough decision.

I have 2 daughters and I would never be 100% against 'abortion' because it is a moral issue and the problem with moral issues is that you never REALLY know which way you will fall until you are placed in the situation where your morals are put on test. If it was my wife, as tough as it would be, in a 50/50 decision I would choose on the side of the baby, and I KNOW THAT because we have discussed it and she has pretty much adamantly told me that is what the decision would be.

Now, let's take a scenario where one of my girls was 18, in a car accident and needed surgery to save her life. As I was about to sign the paper the surgeon told me that my daughter was pregnant and the surgery would 'abort' the pregnancy. If the surgery did not happen the baby would 'probably' survive but my daughter would 'probably' die. What would I do? I have no freakin idea, just the thought of it renders my heart. Would this just be a 'medical procedure' or would we in fact be participating in abortion? Would I be willing to 'sacrifice' my girl who I love so much to my morals? I just hope that it never comes to that.

Anyway, I guess what I am getting at doobie, is that the predicament you found yourself in, isn't a straight forward abortion question as I see it. I respect and admire the decision that you made. But, maybe it is because I am not quite as pro life as my wife, I am prepared to accept a bit of wiggle room, i.e. I would accept in the situation where the mothers life is truly at risk, it is not clear cut. But, I would hasten to point out, when we talk about 'medical reasons', I am NOT talking about the mother is stressed or pissed at finding herself pregnant, or it would make her life '<insert any awkward/inconvenient type ailment here>'.

I gu4ess  I didnt explain it fully my bad.My wife was at great risk as the palecatia was leaking or something.I had to decide witch one I wanted them to save and I couldnt do it.I told them the only option was to save them both.
I am not a hard core person either way on this issue.
The only place I really take a stand on this is late term.That just not right to me.
My whole issue with this debate is if the man has no say then dont put him on the hook for cash.the way men are treated in all his is crap.I went through the child support thing with my oldes a daughter.The ex is truly crazy and I was not allowed by her to see my daughter....Courts dont do squat and what can you do?If you withhold funds to try and get some where you go to jail.
Change the laws!!!!!!  If it is a womans right to have a baby a man dosent want ,then it should be her sole responsibility to take care of it!

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
« #214 : October 03, 2008, 12:51:28 AM »

First and Foremost, I really dont care about Abortion that much, and agree with most people here, we have bigger fish to fry...

But still I want to chime in here....

So if someone raped her daughter, skeeted on her daughters face, posted it on the internet... she still would tell her daughter to keep the kid...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [banghead]

If anyone here thinks thats cool, your f'd up in the head... Sorry for being so graphic  ;D

kmitchell

Starter

« #215 : October 03, 2008, 12:57:44 AM »

Her daughter was involved in statutory rape, she got knocked up at 17. Her boyfriend is 18. At least she sticks to her guns and decides that her daughter has to carry the baby.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
« #216 : October 03, 2008, 12:59:52 AM »

Her daughter was involved in statutory rape, she got knocked up at 17. Her boyfriend is 18. At least she sticks to her guns and decides that her daughter has to carry the baby.

eh.... not that im for statutory rape or anything, but even in the instance of forced rape... 35 yr old man on a 14 yr old in an alley... im talking messed up stuff, she still would say "you should carry that child"

That to me is foolish, but your right she is sticking to her guns I guess..

kmitchell

Starter

« #217 : October 03, 2008, 01:03:10 AM »

I want her to talk to a 14 year old girl in person who has been raped, and say that the girl is not responsible enough to have an abortion.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
« #218 : October 03, 2008, 01:05:40 AM »

I want her to talk to a 14 year old girl in person who has been raped, and say that the girl is not responsible enough to have an abortion.

It certainly shows you how out of touch she is...

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

« #219 : October 03, 2008, 07:55:25 AM »

This was not a case of statutory rape. The age of consent in Alaska is 16. I'm not even sure if "18 with a 17 year old" constitutes statutory rape in any state.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_North_America#Alaska

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #220 : October 03, 2008, 08:31:32 AM »

18 year old with a 17 year old shouldn't constitute rape in any state for sure.   If it does, our system sucks.

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

« #221 : October 03, 2008, 09:00:12 AM »

OK, I read most of this thread, and I was reminded why I don't usually read or talk about this issue.  Talk about sickening.  I'm a mother of two and an RN who has worked in the neonatal intensive care unit and seen babies weighing less than a pound at birth, and born about 23 weeks after conception, grow fine and go home with their parents.  Recently, a baby born at 22 weeks and some-days after conception, weighing 10 ounces at birth, went home with her mother after months of care in the NICU (not ours, in another state.)  This baby breathed on her own after birth or would otherwise have been left to die since she didn't make the usual 23-week marker of viability.  Obama, BTW, feels that a surviving fetus of a failed abortion should be left to die.

KMitchell, a TAPEWORM?  Really?  That is the most disgusting thing I've ever read.  Get back to me the day after you see your own child born. 

It might surprise you all after reading this to find out I'm pro-choice, but I am.  I of course fervently hope that women use means to avoid pregnancy, and have the child and give it up for adoption if at all possible, but I feel the choice must remain with the woman in the first trimester, preferably VERY early on in the pregnancy.

Whatever idiot it is who doesn't want to pay child support so he feels women should be forced to abort so he doesn't have to spend his precious money should keep it in his pants.  And I'm not talking about his wallet.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

« #222 : October 05, 2008, 12:40:56 AM »

Honestly, I don't think men have a right to tell a woman what to do with their bodies in ANY manner.

Page: 1 ... 13 14 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sarah Palin Explains Why Women Should Be Forced To Bear Their Rapists' Babies « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools