Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sarah Palin Explains Why Women Should Be Forced To Bear Their Rapists' Babies « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15

NovaBuc

Starter

#30 : October 01, 2008, 07:11:51 PM

Palin thinks that the government gets to decide whether a woman can keep the fetus inside her body. That is government intrusion on a very personal matter.

To be fair, Palin seems to believe more that the Gov't shouldn't be involved in the decision than anything else. From her interview with Katie Couric:

�Personally, I would counsel the person to choose life, despite horrific, horrific circumstances that this person would find themselves in,� Palin said. �If you�re asking, though, kind of foundationally here, should anyone end up in jail for having an � abortion, absolutely not.�

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#31 : October 01, 2008, 07:15:25 PM

The argument comes down to at what point do you believe a baby is a living human being?�

In my opinion, the baby is a living human being when it's born.

Do living human beings have heart beats? or brain activity?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 01, 2008, 07:18:17 PM

The argument comes down to at what point do you believe a baby is a living human being?�

If the woman throws the thing out of her body and it can't survive, it wasn't a person yet.   

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#33 : October 01, 2008, 07:25:48 PM

If the woman throws the thing out of her body and it can't survive, it wasn't a person yet.   

The argument isn't if they are a person yet, it's are they a living human being with a heartbeat and brain activity.  If you don't think so, that's fine, but you shouldn't question someone's education if they think otherwise.

Many people in the hospital can't survive on their own without the machines they are hooked up to, are they living human beings?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 01, 2008, 07:28:20 PM

An aborted baby can't even survive if you hook it up to as many machines as you want.

I'm not questioning people's education who believe abortion should be illegal, I'm questioning their common sense.

This issue is absolutely a no-brainer.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#35 : October 01, 2008, 07:32:05 PM

Again, the argument is a baby being living human being with a heartbeat and brain activity, and killing it being murder, and murder is illegal.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 01, 2008, 07:46:59 PM

That has to be one of the most ignorant things i've ever read on this message board... You have any idea how many babies are born pre-maturely and then go on to live healthy childhoods and healthy adult lives?

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 01, 2008, 08:01:20 PM

Just ask Bucco40.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 01, 2008, 08:05:53 PM

For once, (if this is true) I would have to be against this chick. I was for her completely intitially, but hearing this makes me sick.

So I guess it's ok for rapists to keep they're genetics going?

Like it's fair that the raped woman gets to carry a baby she didn't even want for 9 months, then have it taken away?

It may NOT be fair for the fetus, but that what it is, a fetus...NOT a baby. (Personally, I don't think ANYTHING is truly alive until it can remember, or recall past events) (e.g. Running into a electric fence. Once you do it, you don't do it again.)

And I suppose we (taxpayers) should surpport the "unwanted" children as well?

This whole thing stinks worse than my socks. I don't surpport "killing" anything.. But look at it this way, If the woman that is raped can't get "it" out, they may kill themselves, or go "underground" to get the fetus aborted. Imvho, neither option sounds all to good. Besides, there have been plenty of fetuses aborted with less reasonings why.

If a woman chooses to carry the baby full-term, then good for her! If not, I could still completely understand wanting to get something "foreign" out of their bodies. NOT praising O-bama in any way, but I wouldn't be able to vote for someone who would think thats "ok".

spartan

Hall of Famer
#39 : October 01, 2008, 08:08:22 PM

An aborted baby can't even survive if you hook it up to as many machines as you want.

I'm not questioning people's education who believe abortion should be illegal, I'm questioning their common sense.

This issue is absolutely a no-brainer.

With all due respect Java, what's the difference between a fetus that can't survive without machines and a prematurely born baby?

The ONLY difference is that the parents WANT the preemie. So, again with all due respect, that argument is not valid.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#40 : October 01, 2008, 08:16:01 PM

If a woman or child becomes pregnant because rape, there is no denying that it would be a traumatic experience. The child though, had no say in the manner in which it was consumated. It would be a situation that would have to be dealt with delicately and with compassion. A great deal of support would be needed, but there are people, like me, who think that killing a child for a crime it did not commit is an extreme measure.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 01, 2008, 08:24:26 PM

For once, (if this is true) I would have to be against this chick. I was for her completely intitially, but hearing this makes me sick.

So I guess it's ok for rapists to keep they're genetics going?

Rapists arnt going anywhere. They will always be with us. Just like the wife-beaters and the pedophiles will always be with us no matter what we do.

Like it's fair that the raped woman gets to carry a baby she didn't even want for 9 months, then have it taken away?

Did the baby rape the woman?

It may NOT be fair for the fetus, but that what it is, a fetus...NOT a baby. (Personally, I don't think ANYTHING is truly alive until it can remember, or recall past events) (e.g. Running into a electric fence. Once you do it, you don't do it again.)

So even after birth it is not a human? An infant's memory is very immature the first few years of life. That's why we cant remember those very early years.

And I suppose we (taxpayers) should surpport the "unwanted" children as well?

Well obviously taxpayers dont mind paying $850 billion dollars to bailout corrupt banks and whining investors. Taxpayers dont seem to mind the idea of paying for everyone elses medical bills. Taxpayers dont seem to mind bailing out the airlines or insurance companies.... so why would taxpayers mind paying this bill?

This whole thing stinks worse than my socks. I don't surpport "killing" anything.. But look at it this way, If the woman that is raped can't get "it" out, they may kill themselves, or go "underground" to get the fetus aborted. Imvho, neither option sounds all to good. Besides, there have been plenty of fetuses aborted with less reasonings why.

The amount of abortions due to rape is less than 1% of total abortions. How many woman have actually taken their lives before abortion was legal? Find me a statistic if you want to argue this and it better not be from some pro-choice website with inflated numbers.

If a woman chooses to carry the baby full-term, then good for her! If not, I could still completely understand wanting to get something "foreign" out of their bodies. NOT praising O-bama in any way, but I wouldn't be able to vote for someone who would think thats "ok".

Foreign? Are you serious?

Wow....

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 01, 2008, 09:20:59 PM

This abortion issue is not even an issue to me.   For someone like Palin (or anyone else) to say a woman doesn't have the right to choose to have an abortion is ridiculous.    If I thought there was any chance at all that current abortion laws were going to be overturned, I'd vote against Palin simply because of that.   However, I don't think there is that chance.

This is the one issue that seems to me to be a no-brainer, yet religious fanatics seem to keep sticking to their guns and saying there should be no abortion.   RIDICULOUS.   I think it's an embarrassment for an educated person to even consider such a thing.   It's the woman's right to choose - period.

I have some issues with your stand.
1What if the father of the baby wants the child?
Should he not have a choice?
If not then you have created a problem.
What if the mother wants the baby and the father dosent....the courts still would mandate child support!
This is not a fair issue at all.
I would like to see something where the father(not in a rape case) has some say.If your going to put him on the hook for 18 years he should have some say as well.
Our child support laws are crap and not even close to fair!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 01, 2008, 09:26:10 PM

If a woman or child becomes pregnant because rape, there is no denying that it would be a traumatic experience. The child though, had no say in the manner in which it was consumated. It would be a situation that would have to be dealt with delicately and with compassion. A great deal of support would be needed, but there are people, like me, who think that killing a child for a crime it did not commit is an extreme measure.

LOL

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#44 : October 01, 2008, 09:33:31 PM

The argument comes down to at what point do you believe a baby is a living human being??

That's why you see things differently on the issue.

Differently from who? This is not an issue. It's the woman's right to choose. If we were to make abortion illegal, the women would just go off and get illegal abortions and may die because of it. Why even attempt to go there? It's moronic to even consider making abortion illegal.

Point out where I said anything about abortion being made illegal.  I said the reason your view point on it is different is because you consider the baby living at birth.  Some consider it at conception.  I never indicated which way I felt. 
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sarah Palin Explains Why Women Should Be Forced To Bear Their Rapists' Babies « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools