Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My top free agent this offseason « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

: October 03, 2008, 07:12:52 AM

I am not sure if Carolina has laid out a new contract for Julius Peppers yet (or if they decide to franchise tag him)...but imagine having another year older Gaines Adams and the addition of Peppers on the opposite side

We then finally have the elite level of pass rush we have been looking for for the last few years

Wouldnt be suprised if Bruce keeps an eye on the situation in Carolina to see if they let him get away

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 03, 2008, 07:19:59 AM

Nah. I don't think Peppers is really that good any more, he seems to be fading a bit. I'd rather spend that kind of money on a big time UT if one is available but I don't think there is.

I would like us to sign another good DE. This is likely to be Kevin Carter's last year and, with all due respect to him, I'm sure we'd be able to find an upgrade through the Draft or FA. He's playing better this year I have to admit but obviously he probably doesn't have too long left in the NFL.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

#2 : October 03, 2008, 07:44:28 AM

George Selvie coming off that opposite side wouldnt be a bad thing either

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 03, 2008, 08:17:20 AM

so we all agree we want to bench our leading sack guy?  greeeeeeaaaat.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler
#4 : October 03, 2008, 08:29:12 AM

selvie is a beast. i think he is top 10 pick though.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 03, 2008, 08:39:41 AM

so we all agree we want to bench our leading sack guy? greeeeeeaaaat.

I don't think there really is such a thing as benching on our DL. We play with such a heavy rotation that all 8 guys active on Gameday play a lot of snaps, but of course the "starters" do end up playing a little longer.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#6 : October 03, 2008, 08:42:44 AM

We've got much bigger needs.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 03, 2008, 09:30:54 AM

Talk about "losing a step".

#8 : October 03, 2008, 10:37:06 AM

We have bigger needs than improving our pass rush??

Right now it is getting better but its not where we need it to be yet

I agree we need playmakers and if a Crabtree or Percy Harvin is there at 32 I dont mind taking either one but somewhere down the line we need to conistantly get better across the line

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#9 : October 03, 2008, 10:43:44 AM

We have bigger needs than improving our pass rush??

Right now it is getting better but its not where we need it to be yet

I agree we need playmakers and if a Crabtree or Percy Harvin is there at 32 I dont mind taking either one but somewhere down the line we need to conistantly get better across the line
Yes we have bigger needs than our pass rush.  Namely QB and WR.  And as far as pass rush goes, we need to worry more about improving the interior pass rush than DE spot.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 03, 2008, 10:46:51 AM

Pep has came off the roids and is probably less of a player then Carter right now.  I would not want him or his big money contract to hang out and put up zero sacks.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 03, 2008, 10:50:02 AM

Peppers in Tampa, with a more manageable contract, would be very nice.

#12 : October 03, 2008, 11:12:19 AM

Pep has came off the roids and is probably less of a player then Carter right now.  I would not want him or his big money contract to hang out and put up zero sacks.

That being said he will still draw double teams and will free up Gaines a little more and allow blitzing corners and linebackers a better chance at getting through to the QB

Roid or no Roid a defensive coordinator will still tell you he still has to account for Peppers

MBF

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 03, 2008, 01:12:52 PM

Peppers is a product of hype. Nothing more.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 03, 2008, 01:17:11 PM

Draft Raji!

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My top free agent this offseason « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools