Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For those unsure of what offensive creativity looks like....... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

ryan24

Hall of Famer

: October 06, 2008, 09:34:51 PM

Only if Gruden and his staff will take pointers from Payton and his staff on how to run an offense

Are you kidding?   Payton single handedly cost the Saints the game in one of our games against them with his ridiculous reverse call using Reggie Bush where they fumbled near the end of the game giving the Bucs the win.   That was THE worst call I've ever seen in over 30 years of watching football.

2nd worst to me. Pisarcik handing off to Csonka was first.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 06, 2008, 09:22:04 PM

tune in to MNF tonite.
You think Minnesota is creative?

I knew that was coming.

And before I get bashed for my appreciation of the Saints offensive philosophy, even our beloved Joey Galloway said today on his radio gig that they are a fun team to watch.... offensively.

What place are they in again?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 06, 2008, 09:21:45 PM

Vikes are down by 3 in the first quarter and are averaging only 1.25 YPC.  Gruden would be airing it out like mad right about now.  Any bets on the Vikes sticking with the run?

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 06, 2008, 09:20:56 PM

You think Minnesota is creative?

I knew that was coming.

And before I get bashed for my appreciation of the Saints offensive philosophy, even our beloved Joey Galloway said today on his radio gig that they are a fun team to watch.... offensively.

My guess is that the Bucs would be a lot more fun to watch with Drew Brees at QB. He was one guy the Bucs didn't or couldn't get that I really wanted when he ended up with the Saints. He just gets rid of the ball so fast that he immediately makes the OL look good.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#4 : October 06, 2008, 09:13:25 PM

Did you see Brees' stats this season on pass attempts over 30 yards? Guy is incredible.   Watching him just pushes home how terrible our QBs are/have been.  To think this guy was available in FA in the prime of his career, and a division rival of all teams picked him up.  But we had the great Simms at the time, so no need for Brees.  With our luck, if we had went after a QB that offseason, we would have gotten CPep instead.

C'mon Drew, 'Nawlins sucks, you know it, just come to Tampa, our kicker won't ruin all your hard work like Martin ;D   

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 06, 2008, 09:07:53 PM

Same old story for Martin. Line drive into the line.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 06, 2008, 09:06:17 PM

Oooops Martin.

#7 : October 06, 2008, 09:06:32 PM

Skip

Realistically, you have to admit they are running a different scheme.

And you gotta love Gramatica...LOL....blocked FG returned for a TD!

JC510

Practice Squad

#8 : October 06, 2008, 09:04:47 PM

The main differences between our offense and theirs:

1. They make you defend the entire field.
2. They have a play making QB.

#9 : October 06, 2008, 09:03:20 PM

It's funny how much "offensive creativity" resembles "a good quarterback"...

#10 : October 06, 2008, 09:02:50 PM

3rd & 11... I wonder if they run a draw play and take the FG?

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 06, 2008, 09:01:32 PM

Considering they are without Patten, Golston and Shockey as pass catchers and the Bucs offensive lien was to be better with the addition of Faine how do you explain them still producing even when they have a suspect running game?

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 06, 2008, 08:53:24 PM

No but the Saints are even without there best wide receiver and tight end not to mention by most accounts they lost a top 10 center and still are able to produce on offense

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 06, 2008, 08:53:29 PM

They are excellent on that side of the ball.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 06, 2008, 08:54:06 PM

Fun to watch....sure.  You know what would be really fun to watch though?   Tanard or Flip completely taking Reggie Bush's head off on a screen play.  

Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For those unsure of what offensive creativity looks like....... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools