Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For those unsure of what offensive creativity looks like....... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 06, 2008, 08:53:10 PM

saints are fun to watch, in all cases except when they are beating us.

#16 : October 06, 2008, 08:52:04 PM

You think Minnesota is creative?

I knew that was coming.

And before I get bashed for my appreciation of the Saints offensive philosophy, even our beloved Joey Galloway said today on his radio gig that they are a fun team to watch.... offensively.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 06, 2008, 08:48:18 PM

You think Minnesota is creative?

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 06, 2008, 08:49:10 PM

well the vikes do stick with what they do best i.e running the ball. 

#19 : October 06, 2008, 08:43:04 PM

tune in to MNF tonite.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 06, 2008, 10:58:46 PM

I have never stated that he was an offensive genius, he is what he is a good X's & O's coach, but a bad in game adjuster and hasnt been able to get constant execution from his players in a long time.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 06, 2008, 10:53:51 PM

The main differences between our offense and theirs:

1. They make you defend the entire field.
2. They have a play making QB.

Another good post...not complicated at all...

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 06, 2008, 10:54:40 PM

No one said it was good ... or at least few said that. It has good elements and is better. But the idea of constantly attacking it when it's better than it was does only one thing: put a good chunk of the fanbase on a bum trip. There's a fine line between constructive criticism and negativity.

In Verner We Trust

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 06, 2008, 10:56:19 PM

Indeed JC. Is there anyone here who thinks any of our QBs now or at any point in the future will be as good as Brees? Garcia, even with the Eagles, wasn't on this level. Briefly in SF he was, but not for most of his career. Doug Williams in spurts was this good for us and Brad for one year for us was that good. Other than that, we've had nothing like it in our history.

In Verner We Trust

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 06, 2008, 10:52:37 PM

Finky, good post. I think Gruden's situation is cause and effect. Allen deserves as much, if not more of the blame. With better players, the offense could do more. But a conservative game plan doesn't allow for maximizing what talent you have.
Our offense hasn't looked good, with the exception of the end of the Chicago game. Our ranking was fairly high in 2003 too, but that doesn't mean it looked good then either. A lot of our yards and points were against prevent D's (see the second Atlanta game in particular). So a bad defense can statistically mae an offense look better than it is.
Bottom line is we need to find stability and consistency at the QB position and at WR. Galloway may be done forever. The rest of our WRs are stopgaps. The QBs are older, short-term solutions. A lot of 9-7's get old. If Gruden's going to continue this stagnation another three or four years, then we need to change a lot of things.

In Verner We Trust

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 06, 2008, 10:53:34 PM

Seriously guys, the fact is, the Bucs are a good team, but their offense does, and HAS INDEED, sucked.

They were in cap hell for a while, so I can excuse those years, being objective here.  But with the money they had, and to go after nary a soul with some splash to him, it makes me a bit angry that the Bucs are not setting themselves up for success.  Allen failed to pull the trigger, but he most likely is pinching he coin to resign a lot of these guys that are going to want the cheese.  

But whatever the reason is, Gruden does not have an aptitude for offense, and that much is a given.

Gruden is turrible at running an offense.  For the most part. Yet I still like him as our coach.

As long as he is winning. ;)

I got no beef with this take.  His job is to win games.  The whining and throwing the term "offensive genius" around is beyond ridiculous.  I don't care if we win 6-3 or 36-33.  Just win.  

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 06, 2008, 10:51:44 PM

So why do so many feel this offense is good? are we all not watching the same games week in and week out is it not as plain as day, or are others not watching what everyone else is?

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 06, 2008, 10:44:59 PM

Seriously guys, the fact is, the Bucs are a good team, but their offense does, and HAS INDEED, sucked.

They were in cap hell for a while, so I can excuse those years, being objective here.  But with the money they had, and to go after nary a soul with some splash to him, it makes me a bit angry that the Bucs are not setting themselves up for success.  Allen failed to pull the trigger, but he most likely is pinching he coin to resign a lot of these guys that are going to want the cheese.  

But whatever the reason is, Gruden does not have an aptitude for offense, and that much is a given.

Gruden is turrible at running an offense.  For the most part.  Yet I still like him as our coach.

As long as he is winning. ;)

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#28 : October 06, 2008, 10:43:57 PM

It is not nitpicking it is stating the obvious

The obvious is that defense wins championships and that 5 of the eight first place teams are in the same general range of points scored as we are.  That's what is obvious.  Bills and Bears (3-2 and 128 points) have 2 nonoffensive TDs as I can see, the Panthers and Steelers each have 1.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 06, 2008, 10:39:31 PM

But the obvious is that other teams' defenses score too. That other teams' defenses set up scores. You think Indy wins that game yesterday without all the turnovers and defensive plays? Of course not. But no one here says that.
You nitpick us without using the same standards on the ones that we should be imitating. THAT is the definition of hypocrisy.

In Verner We Trust
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For those unsure of what offensive creativity looks like....... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools